• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calf scheme rules change again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calf scheme rules change again

I've been too busy getting ready to deliver beef this last few days to notice that the calf set aside scheme has changed again. I see on Alberta Ag website that the program now allows you to set aside BETWEEN 30%-40% of your calf crop rather than the 40% originally announced. I hope this helps some other producers qualify. Hope also that some poor guy didn't sell calves last week because they needed to keep 40% when the limit has now been lowered.

Well it seems the wording is sort of vague. But what does it mean? Is it 40% or 35% or 30%? Why do I get the feeling it will probably end up at 30%?
    In the meantime I went out and bought enough tags to do 40%! Oh well, I guess I'll just tag the 40% and if they change the rules I'll be cutting them out.

Comment

The wording is quite clear - until they change it again - you can claim any number between 30 and 40% of your calved cow#.

Comment

In Manitoba it's 30% of either the number of eligible cows or calves, whichever is higher.

Eligible cows are those that had a calf in 2004.

Comment

Oh, okay I get it! You have to enrol at least 30% but can go as high as 40%. I thought you were saying maybe you couldn't go for the whole 40%.
          I got the tags and the forms and I told the boy to get at writing the numbers down. I'll fax the whole thing in right away and hope like hell they get out the checkbook real quick! Might have to phone my "contact" at Alberta Ag to get my claim processed in a "timely" manner!
          It's good to have a relative high up at Alberta AG!

Comment

Oh and by the way I got a check from the feds for the second part of the transsision payment yesterday, and so did the boy.

Comment

Got the second part of my transition payment yesterday too.
              Now, Cowman, I cannot believe that you are pulling strings with Govermnent to get to the front of the queue !!!!!!!!!

What about us poor producers that aren't fortunate enough to have relatives working for the department ???

Just kidding !!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...