• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Legalizes All Drugs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC Legalizes All Drugs

Click image for larger version

Name:	drugs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	780265

Decriminalization of small amounts to facilitate treatment and harm reduction. Addictions are primarily a healthcare issue.

Portugal did many years ago with a reduction in overdose deaths and other positive outcomes.

Are you going to put all the addicts in jail? Because the current model has failed miserably to combat addictions.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Jun 1, 2022, 07:40.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Decriminalization of small amounts to facilitate treatment and harm reduction. Addictions are primarily a healthcare issue.

Portugal did many years ago with a reduction in overdose deaths and other positive outcomes.

Are you going to put all the addicts in jail? Because the current model has failed miserably to combat addictions.
      Do you think they will become a drug tourism destination Chuck?

Who is going to supply?
      China is big there already.

Won't just be BC.
      The suppliers will be filling the demand we have here.
      Meth has lots of loyal customers near here and demand continues to grow.

Comment

Are you nuts chuck, a pinch of fentanyl can kill an elephant.

Comment

Well when was the last time they did something smart in BC? Oh yeah, still waiting for a first time. This is why, when AB and SK separate, we don't want BC.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            Well when was the last time they did something smart in BC? Oh yeah, still waiting for a first time. This is why, when AB and SK separate, we don't want BC.
            British Columbia is two completely different provinces when you look at it geographically, versus politically when the entire population lives in one tiny corner. Provincial borders mean nothing in the big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Can't entirely disagree. Just to add that, more specifically addictions are a mental health issue.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                Can't entirely disagree. Just to add that, more specifically addictions are a mental health issue.
                As are the mass shootings, which we are attempting to remedy by restricting firearms.
                I noticed that those on the left who promote such solutions never seem to offer any constructive ideas for prevention of the underlying problem in the first place.

Comment

Addictions are sometimes started by mental health issues where ppl turn to drugs to cope.

But family breakdown, poor choices, hanging with the wrong crowd due to the prior two things.

Ultimately we choose to or not to do drugs, drink, have sex with whomever. All these things have consequences. Pretending they don’t, is part of our societal problem.

Around here, drinking oneself stupid is parentally encouraged. That is a problem, it’s not funny. But so many adults enable their kids to party to the point of stupidity, and laugh at the results.

As a kid, I was well enough respected, because I avoided parties like the plague. Yes, that’s unusual I suppose, but I had respect for it. Because my parents said no? No, or really. For sure they guided me to make wise choices. I just didn’t get the point. I couldn’t figure out how drinking myself into a stupor was a wise choice. I spent my time hunting and fishing. Thanks to my dad, I saw those things as rewarding and awesome.

Some parents make me crazy when they say, well, kids will be kids. I wasn’t, my kids aren’t, you don’t HAVE to be an idiot.

Anyway. My point is, passing off addictions as having some underlying, unhelpable reasons, is wrong. It is about choices. Making the wrong choices is what causes addictions. You CAN say no. Kids CAN say no.

We need our kids to be upstanding citizens. We need to enable good choices. We need to affirm good choices, celebrate good choices. We need to give our kids the confidence they need that if they say no, and people laugh at them, peer pressure isn’t a thing, because they are strong.

So I the end, I blame parents a lot. Setting the example for kids these days, is a joke, when the parents never grew up and they are into hockey and sports, less for their kids, than for the after game, never ending drunken benders. I guess they think that is a great example to set for kids. Forgive me. But it’s a real problem. Until it is addressed, many will make wrong choices, because they were not taught it is possible.

Comment

So who is going to train all these bad parents?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                      So who is going to train all these bad parents?
                      Great question. I actually don’t know the answer. All I know is society needs to start making smarter choices. It’s certainly a multi generational thing and a family lines thing. I’m thankful for my heritage, that’s for darn sure.

Comment

Legalizing small amounts doesn’t seem like a good idea from the outset but really, do we want the druggies in jail. That’s not where many of them belong. IMHO, I think their inner soul has been damaged and they reach for a crutch. Alcohol, drugs, street gangs bolster their ego and give them a sense of worth and power. The crutch may fry their brains, destroy them or they might turn around but in the interim, now they end up with a criminal record or worse, they may end up dead. And, I can only guess that the BC government is trying to minimize the damage done to young people in need of help. That’s the way I rationalize the proposed legislation and absolutely know nothing about drug culture, just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          And, I can only guess that the BC government is trying to minimize the damage done to young people in need of help. .
                          Or maybe its just govt sanctioned euthanasia by another name.

These arent your 80s drugs anymore. These are much more powerful than anything from back in the day, all ramped up with the help of modern chemistry. There are very few comeback stories in the drug wars.

Once you are hooked, you are hooked forever and there is usually only one way out.

Meth and Fentanyl changed it all. Get on those and you are fcked.

Comment

Sheep. I agree with you.
                            I could have used a more precise statement.
                            Addictions are complicated. As are the reasons. Perfectly sane people still smoke cigarettes. Normally raised people still fall to crack. A tiny percentage of homeless people just might be mentally healthy, maybe.
                            As you say, it starts with the parents. Actually study shows that it can take 4 generations to overcome effects of trauma or abuse or negligent parenting. Many break free from use of conscious choice. Many do not.
                            Currently our aboriginals are in a perpetual circle.
                            I was in our local small city this week and saw a group of teens by the shelter and one reminded me of my son.
                            Perhaps he had no father, or his father couldn't afford private care, or his father was as ignorant as his father before or maybe an addict like his dad.
                            And yes, once that boy is 18 (16 actually) he is cut loose to pay the price for his desicions.
                            Just respectfully suggesting to a lucky but singularly experienced individual that there are many stories.
                            I don't agree with free fentanyl, that's silly. It's just that society seems to continue to ignore the headwaters of the river while spreading flowers on the mouth of same for conscience.
                            I use every chance to educate just a little, and will be setting up a foundation trust to facilitate the same.
                            Hoping someday ignorance is no longer a reason.
                            Last edited by blackpowder; Jun 2, 2022, 08:12.

Comment

Sort of with jazz quick example story.
                              When I had hip done 18 months ago 24 hours after surgery going fine just pushing the morph button as needed.
                              I told them have tolence to morphine half does the job I’m fine.
                              In there wisdom they changed pain killer I sort of said whatever but I’m fine with morph.
                              So about 90 minutes later half convulsing shaking short of breath said what the FArk have you done pain was unreal.
                              Nurse sprinted out of the room said I have to ring doc then see her sprinting down the hall came back with a syringe bang in left abdomen and poke me in the eye with a blunt stick all pain gone and normality returned in the space of about 15 seconds.
                              Said what the heck was that goodie, fentanyl your not get anymore if ya ya gonna ask that was a massive dose.
                              Like all the pain killers I’ve had over the years that was number one. And I’ve had plenty broken bones sport motorbikes punch ups and multiple joint surgery’s.
                              Can see how it’s addictive

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...