• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Stat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly after the covid fiasco and the experts driving people into madness over a cold, I am surprised there isnt mass shootings every day.

Anyway, there are 20 murders a week in Chicago. Nobody bats an eye.

I am not a gun owner, never even shot one before. Our family didnt hunt, dad kept a 22 for scaring coyotes. Just wasnt something we did.

But Canadas gun laws are all tipped toward hunters and sportsman while the illegal hand guns flow freely in our biggest cities.

Maybe every gun purchase should be accompanied by supervised training and a mental evaluation.

Comment

I can't defend ownership of most of my collection as necessary.
      But the tactics, lies, and public money spent on confiscation of lawfully owned and used personal property disgusts me.

Comment

Gun ownership is a little like the capital punishment. There can be no capital punishment if the possibility of wrongful execution is a deal breaker. If the goal is to be certain that guns never end up in the hands of a dangerous person there can be no gun ownership.

I believe that we are an imperfect being in an imperfect world and the reality of collateral damage must be accepted in all activities. If the benefits of a practice outweighs the costs it should be instituted. That was the rule for only about half of my seven decades. You are free to judge which half!

In case this is getting as clear as mud I am pro gun ownership and pro capital punishment. Gun confiscation makes dictatorship too easy for tyrants. Absence of capital punishment allows rot to accumulate, fester, and multiply.
        Last edited by Happytrails; May 26, 2022, 20:54.

Comment

Here is a stat ….

Again , strange world

Comment

Just when you thought it was cut and dry.

Gunman entered school unopposed, doors wide open. Walked the halls for hours, nobody questioned him. An 18yr old walking aimlessly around an elementary school doesnt elicit any concern. How did he keep 2 ARs hidden.

Then police waited outside the school for an entire hour and didnt try to enter while the gunman was on the loose. I guess sending the swat team to check vaxx passports is easier than engaging an active shooter.

Parents who tried to get to the school were tasered and detained.

Always more questions.

I will never look at law enforcement the same way after covid. Never. I dont trust any of them.

Comment

Something very very sick is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Just when you thought it was cut and dry.

Gunman entered school unopposed, doors wide open. Walked the halls for hours, nobody questioned him. An 18yr old walking aimlessly around an elementary school doesnt elicit any concern. How did he keep 2 ARs hidden.

Then police waited outside the school for an entire hour and didnt try to enter while the gunman was on the loose. I guess sending the swat team to check vaxx passports is easier than engaging an active shooter.

Parents who tried to get to the school were tasered and detained.

Always more questions.

I will never look at law enforcement the same way after covid. Never. I dont trust any of them.
                Shooter turns 18 and goes and buys two AR-15s and a large quantity of bullets all within a couple of days from a gun dealer.

It's harder to buy a case of beer than that in the USA.

And as for the fire power of an AR-15, it sure did a number on 19 children and two teachers, certainly stronger than just a gopher gun on the farm.

Maybe focus on the main cause of this and the many other massacres that happen in the USA, and not point figures everywhere else.

Comment

Cool off periods, background checks and a 30 round mag ban shouldn't affect Second Amendment.
                  The intention of the original document was an armed civilian militia avoiding despotism and to stand to before an organized army could.
                  Today's complete reversal in urban rural population and full time Army and National Guard make organizing a civilian militia slightly redundant and difficult.
                  Culture and society itself has changed quite a bit too for Pete's sake.
                  Paranoia against govt running too strong for better angels to prevail yet sadly, more to follow.
                  And more fodder for the institutionally frightened in our country to march to a despot. Interesting.

Comment

American Gun-Culture, American Gun Laws and American Social Problems are being conflated with life in Canada.

Comment

I remember when video games were new and shooting/killing games became popular, people predicted that kids would become desensitized to the scenario and might fail to disconnect fictional gaming from reality. I wonder if these 18 year-olds were impressed by the war games on their gaming screens. Just wondering, can’t see how kids would get these crazy ideas from the world around them.

Comment

You only get to die once! Most farm kids learn this early on with livestock that can always find a way to die.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          Maybe focus on the main cause of this and the many other massacres that happen in the USA, and not point figures everywhere else.
                          I don't profess to have any answers to this problem. But since you suggest we should focus on the main cause, can you possibly tell us what the cause is?

I have my doubts that anyone who is able to go through with a heinous act such as this would otherwise have lived a productive prosperous happy life, If only they didn't have access to guns. I suspect that the main cause it goes back quite a few steps further than the ability to access guns.
                          I also suspect that the primary root cause might be a whole lot more difficult to solve then just passing more laws.

I would think that quite a lot of things had to have gone wrong in this person's life over a matter of years before it ended as it did.
                          And for the record, I am the farthest thing from being a gun nut.

Comment

Last time I checked it was lefty Hollywood and tech sector making all the violent games and movies.

Hell there is a zombie hand to hand combat game developed for Zuckerbergs oculus rift.

Maybe some of that could be reined in before we start banning guns.

Maybe life has no meaning to a large group of people we kept locked in their homes for a sniffle and told them they were worthless vermin disease spreaders.

Maybe making life hopeless and confusing for people and trying to get them to question their gender has blow back.

Root causes as Trudeau says.
                            Last edited by jazz; May 27, 2022, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              I don't profess to have any answers to this problem. But since you suggest we should focus on the main cause, can you possibly tell us what the cause is?

I have my doubts that anyone who is able to go through with a heinous act such as this would otherwise have lived a productive prosperous happy life, If only they didn't have access to guns. I suspect that the main cause it goes back quite a few steps further than the ability to access guns.
                              I also suspect that the primary root cause might be a whole lot more difficult to solve then just passing more laws.

I would think that quite a lot of things had to have gone wrong in this person's life over a matter of years before it ended as it did.
                              And for the record, I am the farthest thing from being a gun nut.
                              I'm sure you figured it out. Must be a slow day sowing in NW Ab. so I'll humor you.

The killer just turns 18 and is able to go to a gun dealer on two separate occasions and buy not one but two AR-15s and countless bullets.

You can't even buy a case of beer in Texas till your 21.

How much easier can the USA make it to own and assault rifle?

Wouldn't you agree it should be a little more difficult to obtain a gun designed for nothing but killing other human beings?

And the NRA begins its annual convention in Houston this weekend with gun shows and doesn't miss a beat, with Trump and other GOP leaders in attendance.

You know Trump the guy you still have made a decision on.

Comment

Like on Gormley.
                                It's the nut case that buys and uses the gun..
                                Maybe a mental assessment is needed before people can buy 1?
                                I don't know ..sad situation..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...