• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning to all except mother nature you can turn the ****ing tap off any time would be nice. The total rainfall for the month of May is 3.2 inches. Last night we missed the big one but still, it's raining lightly and no fieldwork will happen till maybe Saturday. Oh, Potentially snow tonight.

Here is the Crop report,

We are stuck on 16% done seeding or mudding as conditions are going backward real fast. Really I should be posting that 84% is left to be seeded and the optimum planting time is closing really fast. Because I don't think the grain markets have any idea how much seeding still has to happen in Both Manitoba and A lot of Saskatchewan before June 1.

Yes, June 20th is the last day to get crop insurance but **** how many have had a crop actually make something really big seeding that late in the province.

Stress yea it's getting ****ing stressing. Maybe BoBoo can get us a toll-free number to phone to calm us down because the useless fool does nothing for primary producers. Worst Ag Minister ever.

Oh, Big Woop China is buying our Canola again. Ha, they have people starving so now they need our product but when we hold one of their precious little angels for the USA we get spanked to high heaven, and what does our Fed Gov do Sweet **** all.

Just listened to a CEO of a Fertilizer company saying that farmers would be Idiots not to spend more on growing this crop with record-high grain prices. So really the truth is Fertilizer shouldn't be priced where it is it's just that greedy fertilizer company pigs and shareholders want a piece of the pie and they want a huge piece. He also threatened to ship it to other countries if USA and Canadian farmers didn't buy it. Yea I'm sure the poor farmers of the world are lining up to spend billions on fertilizer. **** off.

Oh, BoBOO went to Germany bought a beer Glass, and partied it up. They discussed the food shortage and she said Canada would help out. Then promised to help shippers get our product out nothing to farmers who have to grow the product that needs to be shipped out. Primary producers are always forgotten. The same fool wants us to reduce fertilizer use by 30% let that sink in on food shortages. Well if Manitoba and Sask don't seed most acres yea they will get the 30% reduction of Fertilizer.

I got off the topic but a few things are pissing me off.

So most guys are like gophers when the sun comes out like it did Monday as soon as a drill and tractor can move were going and push the envelope mudding in a crop. We have been here before and know the outcome probably isn't going to be good as Mud is a ****ing Dud. But were farmers not liberals we do everything in our control to get the crop in the ground and we will all push hard till that happens even if mother nature and the Gov are against us.

The big problem was we had rain then on Tuesday when the sun came out Wednesday late in the day tried to get a semi to the drill and on the heavy ground, the semi couldn't get down the road so you say **** it and go home.

Kind of glad I didn't take on the extra quarters this spring, yes it will happen sometime but this year I'm really starting to think it was a good decision.

We will start seeding Canola with the second drill and shallow up the seeding depth on Sunday. Drill number two will finish off the Wheat.

So Far Peas are in and 1000 wheat.

Lots of Lentils went in our area and I remember our last year of lentils it rained all the time those who quit and switched to more canola or other crops won. I'm glad i didn't grow lentils this year.

Spraying is also happening but some just before the crop poke out of the ground or makes ruts getting it done after a rain. Protill in fall for ruts will happen again in our area.

But just watch our Prov report will be out today and the minister will probably be happy how fast we can get the crop seeded when farmers go hard. Yea the clock is ticking and funny from Regina to KAmsack not much is really seeded. Talking to guys as far south as Assiniboia not much seeded. So again maybe the market needs to hear SASK HAS 84% left to seed before the first of June.

Did play with the Cat and hoe and buried a shelterbelt around the yard that was planted by my father in 1961 and finally was totally dead huge poplar trees that were ugly and falling down. Now I also ordered trees and planted probably more than the entire liberal Cabinet in Ottawa without hiring it out or getting a subsidy to do it.

Hearing a big shit show is going on with Liberty and some grain companies ****ing with supplies saying you can only get enough liberty for the Acres you took of Seed. So this is ****ing small seed companies with no Liberty. **** me your selling product does it matter who buys it. No, but this is the mentality of Canadian companies they always want control and love to **** their Customers. But now shortages of Generic and that could be a probably.

Don't you need the primary producer or are we all going to eat bread with bugs in it for protein and a little wheat?

So to those who were so dry last year you had nothing, I think you are in for one of the best crops in years if the rain in our area keeps getting bad you will win big with huge crops because you were able to seed into dust. Seed to dust the bins will bust vs Mud is a dud.

Take care be safe and if you need to talk yes there is a 1800 number

Praying for the rain to end for two weeks so we can get things done. Oh on a side note our lake level has come up a bit so that's a positive at least maybe can go pontooning this summer.

Mud

Spruce that my kids will enjoy

Levelled

Let’s hope we can go Saturday and get more than one day

Comment

That CEO should go buy a lottery ticket and spend 98% of the potential win before the draw happens. Absolutely ignorant and arrogant attitude in the ag industry right now

Comment

Northeast Sask
        5.5 inches of rain since May 6th and currently raining
        No seeding done
        No harrowing
        can’t even pick rocks
        Water laying everywhere
        2010 all over again
        We are hopeful that all those who have struggled with drought the last few years can get some much needed rain out of these systems and get their crops off to a good start!

Comment

The biggest joke in the world going around is that the Russian wheat crop is so huge it will break the bins.

Yep, and all the countries saying the war is bad will buy from Russia for a really low price.

Come on people and we're being played.

No mention of the crop failure for wheat in the USA
          Click image for larger version

Name:	9980A2ED-3FC9-4CF4-90B6-7B50345581F0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	773392
          Kansas wheat crop that probably the Wheat Tour 22 has at 40 bushels per acre.

or the fact most of western Canada is a shit show from two dry and wind to way too wet and nothing seeded.

Oh but Russia has a crop. **** me.

Comment

Our area an hour north of regina is the same. Its ugly and crops that are seeded are way behind with the cool wet weather.Some areas however have missed the big rains and are 75% finished.These guys like to say " never turn a rain down", they have no clue about how shitty it is mudding a crop in.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Lots of Lentils went in our area and I remember our last year of lentils it rained all the time those who quit and switched to more canola or other crops won. I'm glad i didn't grow lentils this year..
              Ground is saturated, estimate 15% acres unseedable this yr so far - standing water. June is our wettest month typically. Might be the yr to skip the lentils and put more canola in.

Comment

Getting very wet very fast from far NW Sask through Glaslyn just north of here to NE of here
                That area just got started and were still seeding through snow banks a few days ago before these systems came in .
                They will be maybe 20% done on average and sitting now for several more days . Very fall frost prone area .
                This area about 75% done now . Very appreciative of moisture for sure but like everyone it needs to warm up fast
                -9 windchills by morning.
                “Long Growing Seasons” … where art ‘thou

Comment

Zero done here. Zero anything. Zero harrowing. Zero. Near Constant rain now for three days. Snow tonight and tomorrow. Next week looks like only 60% chance most days rather than 100%. Maybe the following week guys can start. But the cold. No sign of leaves on trees yet. And with highs of climate changey plus four, it won’t happen for a bit.

Comment

There are only 2 crops that seem to do ok in cool and wet and that is canola and oats. Planting barley and pulses into mud makes me cringe. Next to nothing seeded in the Wadena area and another 1/2 inch of rain last night. Im guessing most guys won't get going here till the 25th of May if it stops raining. I wonder how many guys didn't learn the contracting lessons from last year?

Comment

Well Unity had 4/10s yesterday, doing better than here, grand total here is 2/10s over night, our first real rain in May. Dry under parked trucks. But there is supposed to be more today. It should get us fully germinated. We are saving our rains for later it seems

Comment

made it to 40% , what a *** struggle
                        wheat is up
                        hopefully barley stays down until this global warming passes
                        Last edited by Guest; May 19, 2022, 09:04.

Comment

We at 11% done..Bly in the ground.
                          Total at 3.3 inches in May so far, along with the most snow in the province like Sheepwheat..

Comment

WC Sask still relatively dry - 1/4” last night and chance for more today. Systems seem to circle around us, dust settlers everyday but no volume. Main farm all seeded, enough moisture for emergence, literally no sloughs! Don’t recall so many straight lines on every field in my farming history, which is many! Expenses averaged about X2, no shortages now!! I hope the sun shines and you fellows fighting mud get your planting window. Such a gamble we incur with no guarantees!

Grain companies, chemical companies and politicians certainly not our friends but they like our money! Most importantly be safe,

Comment

Originally posted by cuban_assassin View Post
                              Northeast Sask
                              5.5 inches of rain since May 6th and currently raining
                              No seeding done
                              No harrowing
                              can’t even pick rocks
                              Water laying everywhere
                              2010 all over again
                              We are hopeful that all those who have struggled with drought the last few years can get some much needed rain out of these systems and get their crops off to a good start!
                              Snowing here. You must be in a more tropical climate.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...