• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
    I don't know how far hay will be trucked when diesel is $2/L and cattle prices are where they are. I've heard from numerous life long cattle producers that they're cutting back or getting out of cattle entirely.
    Agree , and sadly hearing the same here. Meanwhile the consumer is paying more for beef in store than ever before.

Comment

I don't know how far hay will be trucked when diesel is $2/L and cattle prices are where they are. I've heard from numerous life long cattle producers that they're cutting back or getting out of cattle entirely.
      Very true. Still there will be some feed hauled to cattle and some cattle hauled to feed. That is usually the cheaper option.

Comment

I think it was 1982. 🤷
        The worst May snow storm I lived through was 1987. It was blowing and snowing so hard you couldn’t see your hand in front of your face.

As far as cattle, certainly a concern. I was talking to a neighbour yesterday about this very topic. Farmers returns raising cattle need to improve or people will just keep leaving the industry. My neighbour commented that one guy he knew rented a new to him chunk of land with fresh alfalfa planted on it. He worked it up and planted canola, he said to much money to be made in canola.

We ended up with about 6/10 of an inch of rain yesterday. It was welcome here. Many of my neighbours finished seeding here. If I didn’t have cattle I would be done as well. My local mechanic’s family farms around Yorkton. Apparently very little seeded and still very wet. Sounds like a very high stress level. Input prices already have ramped up the stress level.

Comment

Wasn’t 2022 a fun year to farm. Oh wait it’s spring not November

Comment

Bet you won’t see that pic on the state broadcaster?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Wasn’t 2022 a fun year to farm. Oh wait it’s spring not November
              If it was thirty yeas ago, I'd tell you to ease off on the marker foam.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Bet you won’t see that pic on the state broadcaster?
                Still looks like that today at 2pm. Because it snowed more today. Temp is two. A high of plus two for late May? Now, if it was hot, it would be in the news, specifically on that there state broadcaster.

Comment

RP rep said today no price in yorkton for canola for sept/oct/Nov. All booked up with forward contracts..
                  Oh my..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    RP rep said today no price in yorkton for canola for sept/oct/Nov. All booked up with forward contracts..
                    Oh my..
                    Ouch!! Polish canola still grown in places or did that go the way of discers and 760’s? (760’s were damn fine machines)

Comment

Oh my..
                      And what will happen when those contracts can't be filled????

Comment

A few years ago a Mastin seeds I believe in southern Alberta was marketing a polish called “early one”. It was apparently a high yielder.

Wonder if he still has some? Could be a way to save a small fortune in seed.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          Farmers in deep poop.
                          Prices sky rocket ...
                          If only we can get some in the ground soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            A few years ago a Mastin seeds I believe in southern Alberta was marketing a polish called “early one”. It was apparently a high yielder.

Wonder if he still has some? Could be a way to save a small fortune in seed.
                            The earliest one we know of is Dekalb 93sc..
                            We have 500 acres of that stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Did anyone roll contracts they couldn’t fill from fall 21 to fall 22? Heard some companies were doing it, taking the spread between locked in price and price when the roll was done. Could be guys delivering 8 dollar canola while the truck behind them delivers 28

Comment

Oh my..
                                Yep like their old crop oats are all full and every 2-3 weeks comes a 10$ special
                                It’s all horseshit

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...