• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuban_assassin View Post
    Northeast Sask
    5.5 inches of rain since May 6th and currently raining
    No seeding done
    No harrowing
    can’t even pick rocks
    Water laying everywhere
    2010 all over again
    We are hopeful that all those who have struggled with drought the last few years can get some much needed rain out of these systems and get their crops off to a good start!
    whats your general area?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      1.8” at the farm since yesterday. South of us it was less from what guys were telling me this morning. It’s soaking in good. We’ll be back seeding by Saturday. Probably spraying tomorrow afternoon if wind would back off.
      Be thankful everyday you are where you are, enjoy the DRY! WET is a zero. Earth to stupid guys...NEVER pray for rain on this spot on earth. Adequate moisture good for FA if unseeded.

Comment

That's how dumb the crop report is the elephant in the room is the floods in the east and Manitoba. Big grain-growing areas If it doesn't get seeded big huge problems and the rain doesn't seem to want to leave. What's the saying if the rain is following a path it follows it all year.

But what do I know it will all get seeded in record time and we're on our way to a massive bumper crop. News at noon so the markets can react.

**** me.

Comment

Looks very wet in that area again today ?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            That's how dumb the crop report is the elephant in the room is the floods in the east and Manitoba. Big grain-growing areas If it doesn't get seeded big huge problems and the rain doesn't seem to want to leave. What's the saying if the rain is following a path it follows it all year.

But what do I know it will all get seeded in record time and we're on our way to a massive bumper crop. News at noon so the markets can react.

**** me.
            Simple math and forecasts show a lot not going to get in . Unless there is a major shift in weather pattern in those areas …. And very soon .

Comment

Southern MB = fcked

Couple inches called for Brandon area and SE

Hope they can get some assistance going.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Southern MB = fcked

Couple inches called for Brandon area and SE

Hope they can get some assistance going.
                There will be no assistance. Rain makes grain. And the existing programs are enough. And farmers need to tap into their agri invest accounts. And agristability is there. And too wet to seed acreage payment. We’re well covered!

We’re all in this together!

Yeah, guys with brand new drill parked on their driveways this year are most likely a bit nervous. We all are. But there will certainly not be ad hoc, because rain is much, much better than drought.

Thank God I got into sheep. My farm would have been long gone without the silly little beggars!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  There will be no assistance. Rain makes grain. And the existing programs are enough. And farmers need to tap into their agri invest accounts. And agristability is there. And too wet to seed acreage payment. We’re well covered!

We’re all in this together!

Yeah, guys with brand new drill parked on their driveways this year are most likely a bit nervous. We all are. But there will certainly not be ad hoc, because rain is much, much better than drought.

Thank God I got into sheep. My farm would have been long gone without the silly little beggars!
                  You cant say "rain makes grain" without following with "no it doesnt, it makes mud"

Comment

Mud is a Dud!

Comment

MUD seeding Been there, Done that. Seeding for insurance is done allot differently than seeding for a bin buster. Before the equipment leaves the yard we have to figure out which direction we are headed.

Comment

We can handle enough water as a rule. Most drains away and sloughs get bigger but hills produce more to make up for shortfalls. One year in my memory we had 20% unseeded because of excess moisture and was disheartening. I can not even come close to fathoming what you guys go through who get too wet. Probably worse than too dry for us.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                          We can handle enough water as a rule. Most drains away and sloughs get bigger but hills produce more to make up for shortfalls. One year in my memory we had 20% unseeded because of excess moisture and was disheartening. I can not even come close to fathoming what you guys go through who get too wet. Probably worse than too dry for us.
                          I have some land that is very rolling and well drained. Lowest assessed land I have, but it produces when it’s wet than my better land. So long as I can get it seeded. It’s in hay right now. So it doesn’t really matter.

The thing about it isn’t that one couldn’t seed the hills etc. The thing is the inability to get enough time between the rains to dry it out. I doubt your land would fare well if it rained literally daily. Or three days of rain and snow, two days of eleven degrees and minimal sunshine, then two days of rain, three days of fifteen, a day of rain, repeat. It’s the weather more than the land and soil texture and topography. Though I will say that clay loam land is too heavy for our weather a lot of the time. If we had heavy clay, we’d be screwed with our weather. It would just stay a lake forever.

Comment

6 mm last night 40 for tonight. No seeding here.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                              6 mm last night 40 for tonight. No seeding here.
                              Not like. Can’t like. This is nuts.

Been snowing here heavy for six straight hours. Maybe an inch on the ground. I wonder how much it actually snowed had the ground been frozen?

Even if it does get nice now, how long to dry out? A week? Ten days?

I’m with breadwinner.

A low whistle for any guys who priced grain that won’t get seeded? This is gunna hurt.

Comment

Was it last summer that Drew said a 2 yr drought????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...