• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAAS satellite changes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAAS satellite changes

https://www.sunriseco-op.com/precision/waas-satellite-changes

If anybody has trouble with waas today satelite 138 was decommissioned. On a trimble go to gnss settings, change from sat 138
    to 135 and it should work.

The new sat sure better on our Versatile today 👍

Comment

Horrible *** day with our old raven with a Phoenix
      Only way it could get changed was with a doctor and a laptop
      Fun times , not
      Trimble s were easy

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Horrible *** day with our old raven with a Phoenix
        Only way it could get changed was with a doctor and a laptop
        Fun times , not
        Trimble s were easy
        Certain Ravens required a tech, pain in the arse none the less. Heard all JD's require a tech can anyone confirm that.

Comment

I have a raven, circa 2010. It was set to 131. Does anyone know if that's ok? I tried to find a way to set to 135 and couldn't find any menu that allows it.

Comment

AG World told me today, that on the Viper Pro in my Rogator, you don't use the monitor to change the Sat, it has to be done in that little black box with the buttons and display. Haven't tried it yet, the Outback was easy peasy.

Comment

Seeding the last field , I wondered why I had nothing. I wasn't that bad doing it the old way .
              Thanks for the tips ,I better get Rogator updated before I need it.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                I have a raven, circa 2010. It was set to 131. Does anyone know if that's ok? I tried to find a way to set to 135 and couldn't find any menu that allows it.
                I think 131 is fine. 138 was going out of service. My Outback is set to auto for 131, 135, and 138. I assume that means it uses the strongest signal of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                  AG World told me today, that on the Viper Pro in my Rogator, you don't use the monitor to change the Sat, it has to be done in that little black box with the buttons and display. Haven't tried it yet, the Outback was easy peasy.
                  Our viper 4 was good
                  Needed nothing

Comment

We are vulnerable and at risk for gps services.

What redundancy or back up plans should or could we have in place?

I can drive with out guidance, it was the only way 30 years ago, might even win the straight line, coffee shop award?

Comment

We can't seed without guidance.
                      Our section control saves a lot of money in our pothole terrain. Not even sure the system would turn on without.
                      We run Rangepoint as WAAS no longer gave us our required reliability a while ago.
                      I would consider myself a bell weather customer. When I'm frustrated, the company has problems.
                      This year has been gawdawful for monitors to work properly and to get tech support. The most important tech in the building nowadays.
                      Stuck with our xcn1050 Trimble for seeding for now, but am switching all data to case connect this winter.

Comment

Any of you guys seed in hills? GPS is great in level to moderate terrain but I thought my Trimble wasn’t good enough for real hilly stuff but talking with neighbours who farm more than me and have subscriptions they shut it off too when seeding the bad stuff. Otherwise if I didn’t have it for spraying I don’t know how you could drag tires from a suspended boom or find foam marker anymore. God I don’t miss pig fat and propane.

Comment

Must have some big ass hills to block out the gps, we have some good hills but have never lost gps when spraying or seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                            Must have some big ass hills to block out the gps, we have some good hills but have never lost gps when spraying or seeding.
                            Side drift gets us. Some of the hilliest stuff in nw Sask. I’d tell you the district but I like my privacy. Lucky soil is good and heavy for most part which facilitates farming these mountains. If cows could justify themselves this stuff would be pasture but right now they grow grain.

Comment

I always thought the screwup on hills was you get more land going up and down compared to flat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.