• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning the week did start out like i said it would with guys firing up the drills and a full assault of seeding the 2022 crop started. Then the wheels fell off with rain events from anywhere from 1/2 to 1 inch or better.

The biggest threat to our area is a storm that is brewing in the USA and heading north. This Montana low is pulling no punches and is wet. Were in for a wild ride with up to 2 to 3 inches of rain coming.

So here is the Crop Report.

Seeding is stuck at 6% done and guys get going as soon as the sun shines and fields dry up enough to get equipment moving on them. Back roads are wet and lots are getting a shit-kicking from the heavy equipment trying to get to fields.

Peas and barley and wheat and a few lentils are going into the ground. Some guys south of town have durum going in.

One thing to note is not a lot of seeding happening just a few here or there from Regina to Melville.

A big problem still exists with dryness on the west side. To the Ag reporter happy with his 4/10s that is great but your so dry 4/10s is like pissing in the wind all that will do is germinate a crop that will die after a few hot days. When you get weeks of rain your drought is over but yes its a start nothing more.

Some acres of peas won't get seeded and the same thing will happen for Durum as guys like to seed it early.

As it gets later more barley and oats and flax will go in.

Lots of Canola seeds around no shortage and guess what the acreage is right.

Costs are rising faster than the stalled grain markets.

Off to seed before the rain.

Later stay safe.

Oh, yelling at politicians has got to stop but till these same politicians realize their games are getting old and the voters want them to get back to working for them not their pocket books.

Yes things most definitely keep going up (minus the stock market recently). Had spoken for a tridem grain trailer a couple weeks ago and salesman called me up telling me there would be a 9% day increase on all trailers delivered after July 1. Ours was to be delivered in august or so and was scandalized at the price before this additional price increase. Told them to keep the trailer and id just buy a couple grain bags instead.

Filled a gas pickup truck the other day and nearly $200 to fill. I think we are getting into the demand destruction phase IMO.

Comment

Will finish wheat sometime today. Need a rain but the way she goes bubbles….

Have half the canola left. Looking like tank 1 should have been shut off the whole time….

Comment

$250 to fill a diesel pickup here on pump fuel.
        Guys who ordered semi trucks with deposits down are being told they will have to pay a 15% price increase if they want to take the truck as per the manufacturer (every one the same). If the buyer doesn’t want they truck they can have the deposit back and they will happily resell it to someone else.
        Will be $200,000 for a set of super B trailers here soon.
        Lumber prices have started to crash with the interest rate hikes.
        I think things are going to start crumbling here very soon.
        7-10 days out from seeding start here still. Getting late now.

Comment

And Nutrien just reported 10x more profit. #winning

Comment

Well we’re going playing in the mud but that’s ok.

Late seeding could be a problem real soon if next week is lost.

Comment

This year will prove zero till saves moisture. Any ground worked last fall aside from wet areas is bone dry. Guys who pro tilled anything deeper than a couple inches is powder. Why do guys not get out and check their depth. I remember when it was a sustained drought years ago you could buy disks for peanuts. The vertical disks will be in the same boat. Still are seeding into decent moisture at an inch or smidge deeper. We aren’t dire yet. Grass coming not bad but slow. I’m not concerned quite yet as have generally kept cows off summer grass until June a lot of years. Been tougher with less feed though. Cows picking stubble and old hay which is about ready to be turned into farmland again. Big guys have been flat out for close to a week now with peas and hrs. Was planning on a fair amount of oats but will shift to more wheat as I see you east guys will flood the market with it being so late. If we don’t get a rain I’ll probably have to haul my critters over east to run in the wet.

Comment

Drive through water.

Got these yesterday. Wish I had the real one

Comment

Which tractor are ya liking better the tire or track?

Comment

And what is the trick for keeping the openers from plugging up front the wet/mud, high fan speed? I wouldn’t be able to seed through that without problems.

Comment

We ordered a new 640hp new Deere 4 wheel drive I guess I’m sticking with wheels. Keeping 2 track for cart.

This sucks if it happens

Comment

It sure is amazing how rain forecasted in wet areas nearly always right , rain forecasted for dry areas nearly always wrong ..
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; May 12, 2022, 12:22.

Comment

The trend is your friend with weather forecasts. If it’s a dry trend rains don’t happen easily. These last two years remind me a lot of the late 90’s early 2000’s. However, there’s more water laying around than then. Then again there was still enough fallow.

Comment

Latest drought monitor

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              We ordered a new 640hp new Deere 4 wheel drive I guess I’m sticking with wheels. Keeping 2 track for cart.

This sucks if it happens
                              All I can say is again I find electrical problems cause far more problems than mechanical. I waited six days for a tech to plug into my MX 255 to tell me 2 of the wires going into the engine ECM were loose in the plug. This is why it wouldn’t run. This tractor is 16 years old but only has 4000 hrs. on it. That 640R is no doubt a wonderful machine but the newer they are the more electronics they are dependant on. I wonder if electric cars will be worse or better?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...