• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero done in this area.
    We are always told that later crops are better..we will find out this yr..
    Unseeded acres will be high..

Comment

Radar says the storm is heading northwest along roughly highway 16. Looks like SAskatoon and North Battleford are in its sights, furrow…

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Zero done in this area.
        We are always told that later crops are better..we will find out this yr..
        Unseeded acres will be high..
        Almost the same her south of regina. A few guys rushed to mud in lentils before the rain. That usually works out poorly.

Insurance at 80% with $100 on unseeded acres was a good decision this yr for this area anyway.

Comment

$100 won’t even pay land rent, need to get all acres seeded and establishment, after that crop insurance is worthwhile if we have to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            Radar says the storm is heading northwest along roughly highway 16. Looks like SAskatoon and North Battleford are in its sights, furrow…
            Will stall out about Biggar , already is

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              $100 won’t even pay land rent, need to get all acres seeded and establishment, after that crop insurance is worthwhile if we have to use it.
              I learned the lesson in 2011 and 2014, fighting mother nature around here is a losing battle.

In 2014 right after I had finished seeding we got 3 inches of rain. That took back 20% of my acres and never got into them again.

$100 an acre easily make my bank payment and taxes with a bit left over. Thats a way better deal that mudding in all the inputs and having flood out later.

I am not all that excited about chasing inflation this yr.

Comment

In the wet years I had planes seed canola. It grew enough to be established. I sprayed it, floated on a reasonable fertility package. Yielded around 20 to 25.

Different days for inputs then however. Also way lower scic coverage and way lower revenue potential. But it used up some moisture.

The years I simply couldn’t seed, or did seed with the drill and had six bushel canola, the soil was a mess because no water was pulled from it, weeds prospered etc.

Point is, it depends how it goes weather wise from here. If it stays wet into June, you’re screwed either way. Using up some soil moisture helps for future years. The first decent year after the wet crap, was still poor, because the soil basically dies in anaerobic conditions. You lose all the n. Compaction takes time to rectify.

I would encourage you to do all you can to get her growing. Scic does not ask how much of a fertility package you used. Just a plant stands all you need. Good luck.
                Last edited by Sheepwheat; May 13, 2022, 11:03.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Will stall out about Biggar , already is
                  Spitting in Saskatoon this morning. I don’t think it amounts to much yet- Just enough to wet the streets.
                  Last edited by sumdumguy; May 13, 2022, 11:36.

Comment

We have a couple 20,000 ac plus guys in based our area. Couple with 4-6x times that. Their equipment isnt even moved in this rm yet.

We are looking at a mid week possible restart if it doesnt rain again, thats the 18th of May. Getting late fast. Nobody seeds after June 1 here.
                    Last edited by jazz; May 13, 2022, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Almost the same her south of regina. A few guys rushed to mud in lentils before the rain. That usually works out poorly.

Insurance at 80% with $100 on unseeded acres was a good decision this yr for this area anyway.
                      i cut everything back to 70 except canola
                      and cut unseeded to $70, likely another hard lesson coming for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        We have a couple 20,000 ac plus guys in based our area. Couple with 4-6x times that. Their equipment isnt even moved in this rm yet.

We are looking at a mid week possible restart if it doesnt rain again, thats the 18th of May. Getting late fast. Nobody seeds after June 1 here.
                        They will if they have to
                        Lots seeded june in this country

Comment

Radisson radar, is predicting we might get something at 4 this afternoon. Full inch deep canola , 1/2 in moisture 1/2 in bone dry.
                          Frost protection plan in effect as 1/2 will not germinate till it rains anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                            Radisson radar, is predicting we might get something at 4 this afternoon. Full inch deep canola , 1/2 in moisture 1/2 in bone dry.
                            Frost protection plan in effect as 1/2 will not germinate till it rains anyway.
                            Same here with any kinda opener
                            We still slicing in with planter ok but all the fine dust is raising hell with sensors on seed rate row indicators .
                            Ground slowly getting firmer every day

Comment

Still a dust cloud behind er

Comment

We have .3” so far, 2 tenths forecast for tonight, enough to stop us till Monday. Radar is showing moisture is heading west past Saskatoon, hope you get this rain furrowtickler.
                                Last edited by Sodbuster; May 13, 2022, 18:09.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.