• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun registry rehashed.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun registry rehashed.

Everyone aware of the new rules to buy or sell a nr firearm? More liberal crap. http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=411357

Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18. After the 18th all new and used sales must be recorded again, RCMP is re-opening their long gun registry. Retailers must keep records for 20 years and private sales need authorization from the firearms centre to sell everything from your single shot .22s to your .338.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me at all.
      More onerous than the registry was.
      It was decided decades ago to remove all firearms from our society.
      I've essentially given up.
      Enjoy what I can and the day I go they disappear. Can't jail a dead man.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
        Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18. After the 18th all new and used sales must be recorded again, RCMP is re-opening their long gun registry. Retailers must keep records for 20 years and private sales need authorization from the firearms centre to sell everything from your single shot .22s to your .338.
        Why register a private sale that has never been registered?

Comment

Don’t use logic, this is a Liberal govt.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            Why register a private sale that has never been registered?
            The idea now is for a transfer permit no. from your provincial CFO. Sneeky.
            Effectively requires a number for every thing classified as firearm to change possession. Brilliant really and just before they close parliament.
            Pierre lite my arse. Justin is times 10.

Comment

What do you think, chuck? Will registering my gopher gun help reduce gang violence in Toronto?

Comment

Careful, you could be fined 30 credits for breaking Chuck's joy joy presence.
                (Demolition Man)

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  What do you think, chuck? Will registering my gopher gun help reduce gang violence in Toronto?
                  You are much more likely to be killed or experience domestic violence from your spouse than die of gang violence. Or die of suicide.

Police organizations including the RCMP supported the gun registry because it gave them more tools when assessing high risk people and situations.

And often those who commit domestic violence and spousal murder often have no criminal record. So apparently its not just gang members and known criminals who use guns to kill.

And firearm related deaths in more rural provinces are higher per capita than those in cities.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/181121/cg-a004-eng.htm

Chart 4
                  Firearm-related homicides in urban and rural areas of Canada, by province, 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 07-44-36 Firearm-related homicides in urban and rural areas of Canada b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	773365
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; May 10, 2022, 07:51.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    You are much more likely to be killed or experience domestic violence from your spouse than die of gang violence. Or die of suicide.

Police organizations including the RCMP supported the gun registry because it gave them more tools when assessing high risk people and situations.

And often those who commit domestic violence and spousal murder often have no criminal record. So apparently its not just gang members and known criminals who use guns to kill.

And firearm related deaths in more rural provinces are higher per capita than those in cities.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/181121/cg-a004-eng.htm

Chart 4
                    Firearm-related homicides in urban and rural areas of Canada, by province, 2017

[ATTACH]10550[/ATTACH]
                    So tell me how it saves lives? Let’s hear about the different “tools” the cops have if they assess a situation? Like they’ll take guns with them if they think there are guns in a situation? LOL

Comment

So who do you know in rural Saskatchewan who is at high risk of getting shot?
                      Will these new regulations apply?
                      I still don't see how this is going to get great grandpa's 1894 or an old SKS that has been traded 5 times on a registration?

Comment

Problem is the debate shouldn't focus on the gun itself as they only have one engineered purpose and are too easily polarizing. Re abortion.
                        The debate should be about the real numbers, here in our own country, and about the dollars spent on an easy political mark, and the tactics used to enact policy.
                        Oh the hue and cry when the same methodology is used on say, diesel or fertilizer, or gly or habitat, or personal property ownership or the definition of liberty or happiness. You are after all, anachronistic deniers.
                        There will just be less and less of you over time.
                        Beware the methods and facts. They are so easy to use and see as harmless.

Comment

It can get very specific if you are unaware.
                          If you have been carrying a ruger ranch rifle in the chore tractor to shoot coyote during calving season is that now a minimum mandatory sentence pf 3 yrs for first offence?
                          Possession of a resticted or prohibited firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            It can get very specific if you are unaware.
                            If you have been carrying a ruger ranch rifle in the chore tractor to shoot coyote during calving season is that now a minimum mandatory sentence pf 3 yrs for first offence?
                            Possession of a resticted or prohibited firearm.
                            Ruger ranch is nr, I got one. Shoot away.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                              Ruger ranch is nr, I got one. Shoot away.
                              "Last May, in the wake of the Nova Scotia mass shooting that left 22 victims dead at the hands of Wortman who had dressed up as a Mountie, the federal government announced a sweeping ban on the sale, use and import of more than 1,500 “assault-style” firearm models and variants. The Ruger Mini-14 and six other firearms that Parker owns were among them."

Is it 3 yrs MMS if you are mistaken?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.