• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were Seeding?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were Seeding?

Looks like a beautiful morning to start seeding.

First I have to level a snowbank that's too big to seed through and were then off on Peas with drill 2.

Drill one will start wheat today.

And were stuck. Not just kidding but the wettest condition in a while.

Happy Seeding all.

The idea is to avoid those black spots SF. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      The idea is to avoid those black spots SF. 😂
      Autosteer syndrome.

Comment

Sure a lot of diversity in the prairies. Here east of Calgary about 1/2 the fields are too dry to germinate.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
          Sure a lot of diversity in the prairies. Here east of Calgary about 1/2 the fields are too dry to germinate.
          We're in the same boat. Any fields with moisture have 12 inches of wet dirt at best.

Comment

No seeding this week. Soil moisture reserve building. 30 mm today more thurs.

Comment

Looks like we arent the only ones behind.

Too bad all that global warming didnt show up in April

Click image for larger version

Name:	FSV79FSXwAsWKP1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	773363

Comment

Gotta love the longer growing seasons by 3-5 weeks ….. wait what ??

Comment

Just unbelievable the contrast in conditions this year. We were sitting pretty good considering the late departure of snow but the continual showers are starting to add up and delay progress now. More on the way this week so more delays ahead. The conditions in southern Manitoba from last fall to now had us in desert like conditions to flood watches. Would gladly give some to u guys out west.

Comment

The first day was like all first days get the bugs out but got rolling later in the day then about 7 rain hit and but i seeded on and finally hit again and that stopped me for the day

Comment

Peas were seeded a week ago yesterday. We had a skiff of snow overnight. On our last field of wheat. Certainly could use some moisture. We have one field that has a underground pipe which drains it into the creek, that finally thawed out Sunday night and was drained by yesterday afternoon, so I guess the frost is finally gone. Blueversi and Makar just curious what general area of western Canada you farm in? It certainly sounds wet in certain areas and very dry in others. Did yesterdays snow south of Calgary cover a large enough area to help the areas in drought in southern Alberta? Nice to see the leaves starting to come out!

Comment

Woke up to water in the basement and creek running full bore again. Not sure how much it rained, but it’s disgustingly wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          Peas were seeded a week ago yesterday. We had a skiff of snow overnight. On our last field of wheat. Certainly could use some moisture. We have one field that has a underground pipe which drains it into the creek, that finally thawed out Sunday night and was drained by yesterday afternoon, so I guess the frost is finally gone. Blueversi and Makar just curious what general area of western Canada you farm in? It certainly sounds wet in certain areas and very dry in others. Did yesterdays snow south of Calgary cover a large enough area to help the areas in drought in southern Alberta? Nice to see the leaves starting to come out!
                          I’m in the Northeast Sask region right near a large Provincial Park and the provincial forest boundary so I’m in a sort of island on my land surrounded by lots of trees and hills so most snow sticks around instead of blowing away. Go 10 miles north and south and even a few miles east and things open up and it’s like a different world. Been more wet years than dry since I’ve been farming. Also have heavy gumbo so it doesn’t take much rain to get things sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                            I’m in the Northeast Sask region right near a large Provincial Park and the provincial forest boundary so I’m in a sort of island on my land surrounded by lots of trees and hills so most snow sticks around instead of blowing away. Go 10 miles north and south and even a few miles east and things open up and it’s like a different world. Been more wet years than dry since I’ve been farming. Also have heavy gumbo so it doesn’t take much rain to get things sticky.
                            Hey I’m in the same general area. Wet has caused far more crop loss here than dry ever has. We are in a wet pocket, in a wet area.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                              Hey I’m in the same general area. Wet has caused far more crop loss here than dry ever has. We are in a wet pocket, in a wet area.
                              Yup. Definitely an interesting place to try to scratch out a living.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...