• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chilly

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chilly

Snow in Alberta , dry and cold in western Sask … Rosetown -5 .

Morning …. Read this morning that La Niña to continue. That’s not good!! We didn’t drain pumps or park sprayer in shop, dipped to -1. Bundle up when filling!

Comment

Snowing here currently. Ground white.

Still wearing long johns and extra shirt all day. Usually need a coat most of the day too. Grass just not growing. Leaves poking out elsehwhere, but nothing here yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Snowing here currently. Ground white.

Still wearing long johns and extra shirt all day. Usually need a coat most of the day too. Grass just not growing. Leaves poking out elsehwhere, but nothing here yet.
        Ya this guy says it’s chilly out too.

Still coming down and wind picking up as usual. Six+ months of winter is more than enough already.

Spring……… where art thou? The cows and I are getting curious 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Ya this guy says it’s chilly out too.

Still coming down and wind picking up as usual. Six+ months of winter is more than enough already.

Spring……… where art thou? The cows and I are getting curious 🍀
          As are the cattlemen trying to stretch the last few bales out until the grass grows. I think everyone was budgeting for an early summer.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 10, 2022, 20:05.

Comment

-3 here this morning. Frost all over the windows.

South of me is calling for -7 on Friday night and minus 3 again on Saturday night.

I'm quite certain canola would not like that if it's out of the ground. Even cereals may not be real happy.

Comment

-7 really whacks the pasture grass sometimes.

Has to start over.

2 or three nights around zero or -1 forcast here for the May long weekend.
              High +6 for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                -3 here this morning. Frost all over the windows.

South of me is calling for -7 on Friday night and minus 3 again on Saturday night.

I'm quite certain canola would not like that if it's out of the ground. Even cereals may not be real happy.
                Fairly lucky here only -1 forecast for Friday night. Certainly has been a cool spring.

Comment

Walking in the bush yesterday to fix some downed trees on the fence. And there is snow banks in the bush still. After several inches of rain. That’s cold. Forecast shifted to “mixed precipitation” for Friday.

Comment

If Climate Change....sure as H not for HOTTER warmer drier... Our moisture is NOT excess, it's simply COLD COLD COLD, all winter till Apr 27 and STILL COLD!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      If Climate Change....sure as H not for HOTTER warmer drier... Our moisture is NOT excess, it's simply COLD COLD COLD, all winter till Apr 27 and STILL COLD!
                      But it’s warm at North Pole ….

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                        That’s exactly right. Sure the soil is full now, but the main factor is the cold. Single digit highs week after bloody week is getting old. Next week does look better finally, but next week is the end of MAY! This is worse than 1993 so far, the year with nearly no summer.

Which volcano blew?

Comment

A few smaller ones did, BUT no mentions just in case it DESTROYS Climate Change Nazi narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            That’s exactly right. Sure the soil is full now, but the main factor is the cold. Single digit highs week after bloody week is getting old. Next week does look better finally, but next week is the end of MAY! This is worse than 1993 so far, the year with nearly no summer.

Which volcano blew?
                            The philanthropist Bill Gates blocked out the sun?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              But it’s warm at North Pole ….
                              Where there is lots of food grown ***

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.