• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Hours

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Hours

In the past 24 hours, equity markets have gone from extreme investor greed to panicked selling. This is now a bear market clearly showing-its-teeth. Let the asset dominos begin . . . .

Seen that today and had a few friends who are investing privately on their own squirming a bit today.

Comment

The FAANG stocks are down 35% as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
        In the past 24 hours, equity markets have gone from extreme investor greed to panicked selling. This is now a bear market clearly showing-its-teeth. Let the asset dominos begin . . . .
        When you say “asset dominos begin”……..what are you predicting? Need more explanation.

Thanks

Comment

There have been only two (2) times in the past 25 years that the S&P 500 index is down 3 percent and the 10-yr U.S. treasuries are down 1 percent in the same trading session, that’s today. As one trader stated: Someone is blowing up . . . .

Comment

There have been only two (2) times in the past 25 years that the S&P 500 index is down 3 percent and the 10-yr U.S. treasuries are down 1 percent in the same trading session, that’s today. As one trader stated: Someone is blowing up . . . .
            Do you have the dates of these past 2 events? Just interested to follow to see if history repeats itself, always interesting to study history to see what parts repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by STR1 View Post
              Do you have the dates of these past 2 events? Just interested to follow to see if history repeats itself, always interesting to study history to see what parts repeat.
              Believe dates were 2008 and March 2020. Both times, Fed made emergency intervention. Last week, the inner plumbing of financial credit (the repo market) was under-siege.

Repo market is credit lending between financial institutions. Liquidity is now drying up placing huge strain on some lenders. Fed apparently making massive injections into this market last week to try to grease credit liquidity. The success of this right now is unknown. But suspect overall situation not good.

If markets continue to plunge this week, Fed may be overwhelmed with incoming credit issues. A credit tsunami so-to-say . . . .
              Last edited by errolanderson; May 8, 2022, 08:25.

Comment

Originally posted by STR1 View Post
                When you say “asset dominos begin”……..what are you predicting? Need more explanation.

Thanks
                Debt defaults will force asset liquidation.

This will affect a number of asset classes, but suspect the hardest hit will be for recreation toys and overpriced housing. Commodities like Jekyll and Hyde. Used vehicle prices have recently taken-a-hit. Energies will be volatile. Lot of internet chatter of explosive oil prices. This would just deepen the overall economic fallout and won’t last. WTI oil will again slide toward $80 per barrel, ‘when’ is the question. Grain sector strongest, but building commodities under pressure as the global recession deepens.

All financial sectors are tumbling. Stocks, bonds, cryptos under severe pressure . . . only place to hide right now is cash (in my view). Cash on-the-sidelines now has value.

My two-bits . . . .
                Last edited by errolanderson; May 8, 2022, 09:08.

Comment

Sorry, didn’t mean to like myself, not sure how to ‘unlike myself’ on this system. All thumbs . . . .

Comment

Sorry, didn’t mean to like myself, not sure how to ‘unlike myself’ on this system. All thumbs . . . .
                    The buttons are to close together LOL
                    Cannot unlike , tried once when I liked some liberal propaganda chuck posted once by mistake

Comment

Ahhhh much better to “like” yourself than to not😉

Comment

U.S.dollar just tested a 20-year high.

Treasury yields surging.

Bitcoin has just lost 50 percent of its value since last November highs

Precious metal price meltdown.

NASDAQ diving. Equities / bonds swoon.

Massive hedge fund losses.

Credit markets under-siege.

Foreclosures/bankruptcies about to ramp-up.

Inflation has peaked.

Keynesian economics crashing-to-reality.

Welcome recession . . . .
                        Last edited by errolanderson; May 9, 2022, 05:50.

Comment

Glad it’s seeding season …. Time to not worry about the world around us for a few weeks

Comment

Maybe a world war causing concern with people with money on how much they should spend and where. Mother's day supper was 20% more than a year ago but compared to what I have spent on the farm lately that was a bargin.

Comment

Debt defaults will force asset liquidation.

All financial sectors are tumbling. Stocks, bonds, cryptos under severe pressure . . . only place to hide right now is cash (in my view). Cash on-the-sidelines now has value.

My two-bits . . . .
                              Would that cash be "in or out" of the financial institutions?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.