• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS inequity

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS inequity

Farmer #1 must find off farm work. There isn't enough on farm work to hire a person full time so the wife drops her job as a Cashier to work the chores until the husband returns in the evening.

Farmer #2 expands his farm in good times and must hire someone to help with chores during the winter.

Both could be livestock or grain farmers.

Farmer #2 can claim the hired hands wages under CAISP as arm lengths......but #1 can not use farm income to provide a salary to the wife so that she can quit one job, so that he can take a better paying one to keep the farm afloat.

WHY is there an inequity like this one allowed? What would happen if neighbors hired each others kids rather than their own?

I see the Canadian armed forces budget is in that $13 billion dollar range. How much do you think it should be?
    The fact is do we really need a beefed up military? Who are they protecting us from?
    Did we really need those submarines in the first place? For what?
    The fact is a peacetime army is just that... a peacetime army! They don't win wars. The citizen soldier does! In WW2 very few of the peacetime army ever made it overseas!
    Production of war materials can be cranked up almost immediately if the will(and money) is there! Again witness the last war?
    I don't doubt for a minute there is waste and inefficiency in the armed forces, but throwing more money at the problem is not the solution? And I don't think we should be committing our money and our army to cleaning up Americas problems...problems they brought upon themselves by pushing their noses in other peoples business.

Comment

What about the farmer who works at an off farm job in order to build a farm operation or keep the one he has afloat, and then is limited to the amount of farm expenses he can claim as deductions due to his off farm income ?

Comment

I took ivbinconned up on the idea of going to the Citizens Centre for Democracy and Freedom.

It's kind of ironic that the mission statement for the centre presents their focus on honest government, as being self policing, open, RESPECTFUL, and impartial, when their candidate for the position of Senator for Canada talks about "loser" entitlements such as CPP, employment insurance, regional job creation, the Canadian Health System, etc. etc.

There is something out of whack that's for sure. Especially when on the corruption forum issue raised by another rant from the Centre is wondering how to determine honesty in caandidates.

The inconsistencies between the Centres mission Statement and their candidates feelings would give me pause. Ivbinconned, if you are supporting this guy maybe you are still being conned?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...