• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Red Spring Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a load outta this pile of shit
    Who else would print garbage like this

Comment

Maybe Larry could chime in on the validity of that article. Always sceptical when it comes from the Producer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Definitely a couple bins of 19 crop left. Most of the 20, and most of the 21. All with temp cables and aeration. Dried to beyond dry, since the 19 and 20 started out at closer to 20%.
        To say I've got experience with storing grain at dangerous levels would be an understatement.
        How many times do you turn the grain once you get it dry? I just figured you were storing that “dangerous” moisture grain till spring and then selling it. Never dreamed you could safely store it a further 2+ years.

Once the canola gets froze in say Feb, when do you run the fans again (Oct??).

Wish I had 1/2 the matketing skills you have.

Comment

There is no way in hell that rag would be brought in this house- garbage

Comment

Definitely a couple bins of 19 crop left. Most of the 20, and most of the 21. All with temp cables and aeration. Dried to beyond dry, since the 19 and 20 started out at closer to 20%.
            To say I've got experience with storing grain at dangerous levels would be an understatement.
            Sounds like you have a good marketing strategy. I personally would be worried about spoilage and ship out at least the tops of the bins……especially the 2019 canola.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
              How many times do you turn the grain once you get it dry? I just figured you were storing that “dangerous” moisture grain till spring and then selling it. Never dreamed you could safely store it a further 2+ years.

Once the canola gets froze in say Feb, when do you run the fans again (Oct??).

Wish I had 1/2 the matketing skills you have.
              Don't know if I would call it skills, or just patience and being too stubborn...

All grain dried in the bins. Usually freeze it in the winter, since drying in the winter just results in masive condensation, and frozen to the walls.
              Start drying when the weather warms up. Attempt to turn as soon as done drying. Easier said than done, with timing of seeding and calving and bin space. If it is really tough, I have to turn it once or more just to finish drying. Especially with the rockets, not suitable for drying grain, without many turns. Bought a bunch of JTL bins, and full floor hopper aeration and hoppers with cross duct lately, should eliminate having to turn. Try to keep as much tough grain as possible. blend it off, or paper blend it. Big canola bins will stay frozen most of the summer if they are below -20 inside.

The wettest grain goes into flat bottoms, since I assume there will be problems, and that way I can safely get in and deal with the pockets that didn't get enough air.

Comment

My target for $15.10 got hit this morning, still feel we have at least one more dollar or more of upside when market decides to price in weather and Ukraine problems.

Comment

Works until it doesn't.

I'd say the 2019 canola I still have in the bins will pay for the bins many times over
                  That's Awesome! Even had three years to manage the tax implications. never wrong using storage to make the payments.

Comment

Chicago wheat moving up this morning

Comment

Now Kansas wheat moving up big as well

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Chicago wheat moving up this morning

For my strategy, July needs to get above the VWAPs from the March and April highs currently at 1085 ish for a high probability entry.

In such an event, my stop would go below 1037.

Subject to change, of course......

A break above the 1129 and the trendline gets me excited.

There is a time to be bullish and a time to enter.

They are often at two different price levels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZWN2022_2022-05-04_07-09-24.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	773337
                        Last edited by wheatking16; May 4, 2022, 07:21.

Comment

Sounds like India's wheat crop is cooking, in the high 40'sC

Just think back to the damage done to our wheat when we were in the 36-40'C heat

India is considering restricting wheat exports as severe heat waves have damaged crops, prompting the government to prioritize domestic consumption over supplying the grain to the world.

Shaving 6mmt from a 111mmt crop forecast. Now talking about restricting exports.

Comment

Looks like experts are ok both sides of the fence on India, still think there is enough problems in the world to boost wheat prices, will see how much longer the market ignores wheat.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	B9328AF1-0B7D-4B19-8641-8BC49772F485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	773338

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                              Looks like experts are ok both sides of the fence on India, still think there is enough problems in the world to boost wheat prices, will see how much longer the market ignores wheat.
                              [ATTACH]10521[/ATTACH]
                              What does one believe?

Is the news accurate?

Is the news current?

Is one interpreting the news accurately?

What will be the news next hour? Tomorrow? Next week?

A lot of moving parts.

A lot of noise.

How can one apply the news to make decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
                                What does one believe?

Is the news accurate?

Is the news current?

Is one interpreting the news accurately?

What will be the news next hour? Tomorrow? Next week?

A lot of moving parts.

A lot of noise.

How can one apply the news to make decisions?
                                Unless you are the first one in the world to know the news, one probably shouldn't use it to make marketing decisions.

I did price a chunk of wheat on Monday.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...