• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Country Canada Investigation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country Canada Investigation

Was it only me, or did anyone else notice the astonished expression of the California senator when Reg started poising questions on BSE? I got a good laugh out of that point in the show. Overall I think it was really good. Focused on the major Canadian criticisms in this whole mess. Now the question is, how many viewers were there?

We watched it, and will have to go back and check the Senator's expression. Certainly don't think the story will get the border open any sooner, but it should be a good eye opener for some anyway.

I was wondering though, "Dave" said that the cow in Washington was able to out run anyone on the trailer, then why was she shot on the trailer? Unless they deemer her to be a physical hazard to the employees?

Comment

With any luck it will help paint a clearer picture for those who are not involved in agriculture. To me there wasn't much that most in the sector didn't already know or at least have some idea of.

I got a real laugh out of the senator saying that it was enough of Canadian questions. I think Ms. Veneman was also surprised she was tracked down there.

It got the facts out and that is what is important.

Comment

CBC must be given allot of credit. They have by far done the most BSE programs then any of the other media, likely even combined. Country Canada will likely rerun the program If you have not seen it keep an eye out for it.
        Terrific Job CBC!!

Comment

I never caught the whole show but just a small part of it.Somehow I have a problem with CBC documentorys! They tend to always put a spin on a subject!
          I guess my main question was what was the point? Was it to make Canadians feel good that we are superior or something?
          Hopefully this show never see the light of day in the US. Talk about trying to ruin a market...a market by the way that will see more Canadian beef go into it than in 2002! This show will not do one thing to get that border open to live cattle, in my humble opinion?

Comment

No, it won't open the border. But it seems to give the average guy the peace of mind that he can defend himself when he discusses such things, as many Americans, corporations and even Canadian industry leaders? are ready to tell him that he is full of shit and just trying to rock the boat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.