• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinning Wheels

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinning Wheels

My wife has been asking Santa for a spinning wheel for Christmas. Any suggestions as to where a "sheepish" elf might find one? I would of course prefer to source one from Canada, and most preferabley from Manitoba or Eastern Saskatchewan, as I would send the sleigh myself to pick it up.

Thank you in advance........

PS........ used one would work too if you have one for sale.

One place that comes to mind is Custom Woollen Mills in Carstairs, Alberta. I'm not sure if they carry spinning wheels, but they should know where you can find one and maybe close to home. They can be found at:

www.customwoollenmill.com

I'll check with a lady that I know that lives near me that spins and see if she has any suggestions.

I hope that Santa's elf is able to find what he's looking for.

Comment

Whoops - that should be:

www.customwoolenmill.com

Comment

Also try - www.sheepcanada.com

Comment

Have you checked what is on Ebay? Depending what your wife is after, they have antique spinning wheels in mahogany, birch, or new electric spinning wheels. I will try to paste the search here for you.
          http://search.ebay.ca/spinning-wheel_W0QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300QQsorecordsperpage Z50
          Best of luck!

Comment

Hi

Thank you for the links. I wasn't able to find anything at the custom woolen mill site like a spinning wheel, but then I haven't had a lot of time to really go deep into their site. As far as Ebay, I'm still not really into the online auction idea. A good locally produced (Canadian)
            sold by a local retailer (Man or Eastern Sask) would be my preference.

Now that there is snow on the ground, a lot of "projects" are going to have to wait for awhile, thus I should get some more time in the evenings now.

Thank you again

Comment

I would still check out Ebay. I did come across a wooden spinning wheel custom made in British Columbia, I believe the price was $250.00 . You can stipulate only items from Canada. It is not as scary as it sometimes seems. Many Canadian sellers take personal cheques, or money orders.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.