• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck Levy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Levy

Found this little tidbit today. No mention in the budget.

You just knew that POS would find a way to punish people he despises.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/sims-trudeau-is-planning-a-tax-on-trucks

Just can’t wait to get less than 65 miles per charge from an electric truck hauling seed or chem around .
    So $10,000 on semi trucks next on top of ever higher carbon tax ?
    Great way to destroy an economy before any viable option available.

Thanks Jagmeet for propping up this economic train wreck of a PM

Comment

Most popular vehicle.
      #1 choice overall and even more so when you leave those little dots on the map that have been electing our governments.

As Chuck pointed out recently if you can't afford or don't want an EV you can use public transit.

Truly what choice will the people that are driving vehicles worth less than 20k? Low priced used EV'S will have no use as batteries are worth more than the car. Old batteries will have no range and leave you stranded.
      They are going to tax and mandate private transportation out of reach for a large segment of society.
      Sky high gas prices and big demand for anything decent with an ICE will leave many young and low income people unable to afford their own transportation.
      What I can't decide is if this is the plan or are they just focused on the goal and don't see the whole picture?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
        Most popular vehicle.
        #1 choice overall and even more so when you leave those little dots on the map that have been electing our governments.

As Chuck pointed out recently if you can't afford or don't want an EV you can use public transit.

Truly what choice will the people that are driving vehicles worth less than 20k? Low priced used EV'S will have no use as batteries are worth more than the car. Old batteries will have no range and leave you stranded.
        They are going to tax and mandate private transportation out of reach for a large segment of society.
        Sky high gas prices and big demand for anything decent with an ICE will leave many young and low income people unable to afford their own transportation.
        What I can't decide is if this is the plan or are they just focused on the goal and don't see the whole picture?
        What I can’t understand is that people who live in rural areas such as chuck are cheerleading this 100% .

Comment

So what is a substitute to a truck? I don't understand what rural people are supposed to use.

Comment

Just have to dust off the trailer hitches I guess.

Comment

Maybe 1/2 pellet loads for the back of the station wagon loader op will have to be carefull.

Comment

He can go **** right off ill order more SUVs and 3500 Trucks **** you Skippy and the horse you rode in on.

If your goddam electric was so popular you wouldn't need to give them subsidies. Trust me it's not the middle class buying an electric car it's upper and now you're going to give them extra that's coming after today's announcement.

We need this madness to stop. If the stupid people who elected Trudeau in Toronto and Vancouver want to drive electricity take the ****ing bus or train but leave the rural alone.

Comment

Going to have to bring back the Thatcher wagons.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    What I can’t understand is that people who live in rural areas such as chuck are cheerleading this 100% .
                    Drive by an arena in the city, this tax won’t go over well with hockey parents. (90%+ SUV’s and trucks)

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      Drive by an arena in the city, this tax won’t go over well with hockey parents. (90%+ SUV’s and trucks)
                      If you drive down any street in Winnipeg you soon understand why people drive SUV's and 4/4 's. Some of those streets I wouldn't want to drive my tractor down on a daily basis. LOVE the one's going to the Airport

Comment

I think he is going to fail on this one look at vehicles on the road a lot of Immigrants buy bigger cars as soon as they can afford them. We live in canada you need a reliable bigger vehicle. Other wise take the ****ing bus and stay in your condo.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Or anyone with more than 2 kids period. Have an 04 suburban with 300K on it, and without it we couldn't go anywhere as a family let alone make the most of our trip by throwing parts, food, and other essentials into the back.

Comment

Maybe just put a lift kit on er ?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Or anyone with more than 2 kids period. Have an 04 suburban with 300K on it, and without it we couldn't go anywhere as a family let alone make the most of our trip by throwing parts, food, and other essentials into the back.
                              09 Yukon XL 430 000 km has been a very good vehicle, other than the dash looks like a Christmas tree these days as electric gremlins take over.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...