• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Crop Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Crop Canola

This morning, I had a great discussion with a producer regarding Crop Insurance and new-crop contracts inspiring my latest newsletter.

Anyways, new crop is bullish.

Subject to change of course.

https://klarenbachgrainreport.substack.com/p/new-crop-canola-update-edit?s=w

This is the Daily Chart.

The Weekly chart is in the newsletter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSX22_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_04_09_2022 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	780246

I hate to see a good marketing post go uncommented. In spite of the recent housecleaning, actual marketing posts are still a rare event, and need to be rewarded.

I went to view the newsletter, and see it is now a paid service. Which is fine, you have generously provided a lot of valuable info for free until now.

Will the paid newsletter be of similar format to what you previously posted? Any actual recommendations?
    Personal consulting included?

Comment

Thanks for the info and yes it will be chalked up to paid service do I need or want another? I'll look at and thanks again.

Comment

At these prices we should be locking some prices for Nov canola, my next target is around $1040. These prices will be the most profitable ever, even with fertilizer prices going through the roof, protect yourself.

Comment

have i got the wrong guy ? or didn't you recently make your first canola sale old crop just recently?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            I hate to see a good marketing post go uncommented. In spite of the recent housecleaning, actual marketing posts are still a rare event, and need to be rewarded.

I went to view the newsletter, and see it is now a paid service. Which is fine, you have generously provided a lot of valuable info for free until now.

Will the paid newsletter be of similar format to what you previously posted? Any actual recommendations?
            Personal consulting included?
            Thank you.

Yes, similar, more in-depth content which has been improving over time.

I provide sell signals and entry levels as per my strategy.

Futures market ideas come with stops and position management as per the strategy.

My klarenbach.ca website tracks each report by commodity for ease of reference.

The Substack website also tracks each newsletter; however, it is by time not by commodity.

Free newsletters are mixed in randomly.

I have been able to respond in a timely fashion to a number of subscribers who have been reaching out via text, phone and email which is currently included in the subscriptions.

I enjoy these conversations

Stripe handles the payments so I feel good about the security.

I encourage comparing my analysis with others via the 7 day free trial.

Newsletters prior to January 15th are free to access with subscribers experiencing an improvement in quality since then.

If one does not find value, they are able to cancel before payment is due.
            Last edited by wheatking16; Apr 10, 2022, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              have i got the wrong guy ? or didn't you recently make your first canola sale old crop just recently?
              I don't know.

Maybe?

Yes,I had a sell signal get triggered on Canola.

Since then, the market provided new information and we adapted.

The nice thing about Canola is one can sell the physical for cash and stay Long with Futures at a fraction of the cost.

This is advice that I received 20+ years ago in a marketing class.

Once the price reversed, we made a recommendation to go Long Canola which has worked out well allowing the reader to cash the physical and gain on paper.

These are tracked on klarenbach.ca.

While every idea will not be successful, they are not random.

Instead, they are based off of proven trading strategies which will outperform random buying and selling over time.

Comment

Oh sorry wheatking
                That was for sodbuster

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  At these prices we should be locking some prices for Nov canola, my next target is around $1040. These prices will be the most profitable ever, even with fertilizer prices going through the roof, protect yourself.
                  Normally I would agree wholeheartedly.
                  But the new norm is volatility.
                  Wide swings in daily movements.
                  And the costs!
                  Just saying what was very profitable now average? What will the top third of prices look? I've sold some too but...

Comment

We have about 20% of our average yield hedged at this point and if it goes another $40 I will lock another 10%, 30% will be our max until it’s in the bin. We are selling paper, so don’t have the obligation to deliver and buying are hedge back is easy, if we don’t think we can produce a average crop. At this point we have lots of snow, so no worries about moisture yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                      We have about 20% of our average yield hedged at this point and if it goes another $40 I will lock another 10%, 30% will be our max until it’s in the bin. We are selling paper, so don’t have the obligation to deliver and buying are hedge back is easy, if we don’t think we can produce a average crop. At this point we have lots of snow, so no worries about moisture yet.
                      Oh ok my mistake
                      I thought you said recently that you had made your first canola sale of the year ?

Comment

Most of old crop sold, will wait until my April and May delivery are done to see how much is left to sell.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...