• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch out for the rip off artists

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out for the rip off artists

For the sake of not getting sued I will keep names out , one of tools that gets used a ton around here it seems is a fencing tool that my father purchased probably 20 years ago. With time and a lot of use one of the components has worn and needs to be replaced.
    After searching out who he had bought it from I found the website asked a question and got my response
    The piece I wanted was x amount of dollars. I thought gee that seems high but everything does anymore.
    Went back over to the piece which was laying apart on the shop bench to just make sure we couldn't fix it up but the piece we needed was cast iron so likely no.
    However on closer inspection I noticed a name on the piece I was looking to replace. Not the same name of the company I had contacted. Did a quick google search and there was the piece on their website made in the USA.( ok probably china)
    Contacted that company and the nice lady there is sending me the same piece for exactly 27 percent of the price the first guy quoted me. ( seems the first guy buys the part from them as well)

Prices are high and the rip off artists are in high gear, do your homework.

Lots of folks make a living just Flipping parts, toys, cars, trucks etc. etc. off the internet. Wonder how much stuff gets flipped before someone uses it and everybody took a piece of the action. Did save a couple of thousand on drill parts this week just checking internet during supper, lucky break this time. No deals at any auction sales things going for full retail these days !

Comment

The same part from cih is 900, or 300 after 2 or 3 or 4 wholesalers, same game different box.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...