• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

auger motor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auger motor

37 hp kohler or 35 hp vanguard , any thoughts?

Are both efi?

Comment

Vanguard > a horse driven treadmill > Kohler

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
        Are both efi?
        Yea they are

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Vanguard > a horse driven treadmill > Kohler
          I’m confused

Comment

kohler efi = dog 💩

Comment

Kohler is the worst piece of shit you can imagine

Comment

Will be using old faithful this morning. 18 horse v twin vanguard on farm king. If battery is dead or starter solonoid stubborn just pull the choke and reef down on the belts and she goes.
                Edit
                Mufflers last about 4 years though. I like it when they blow out, sounds like demo derby champion
                Last edited by Guest; Apr 8, 2022, 05:21.

Comment

What kind of issues are you guys having with the kohlers?

Comment

Originally posted by Lexion760tt View Post
                    What kind of issues are you guys having with the kohlers?
                    It would be quicker to list the problems I haven't yet had with the Kohler EFI.

Comment

I have both. Go with the vanguard.

Comment

All I’ve had experiences with kohlers is carbed 20 27 and 30hp command units. Enough goes wrong on them. The oldest 20hp I can get running smoothly but 27 not so much. Those old Briggs and scrap iron at least you figured you got what you paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          I’m confused
                          Greater than/Less than signs. >,< The Vanguard is greater than any other option I am aware of for making the auger go around. But given the choice between the Kohler, and harnessing up the team of horses and setting up the treadmill and flat belt to run the auger, I would choose the horses route, it would be less work, and more effective.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	treadmill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	773256

Comment

If you don’t want to go back to horse power there’s a few things you can do to your Koehler I have done that makes it useable. First zip tie the wiring that attaches to the ignition switch so it doesn’t quit full of canola because it wiggled off while running.

Then take the crankcase ventilation hose out of where it feeds the carburetor with unburnt gases and ALOT of moisture and direct it downwards. Zip tie some foam to cover the end. Block off where it entered the carb. I had to do this or the choke would freeze and when I wanted to start it cold there wouldn’t be a choke working because it was frozen in the off position. Took awhile to figure that one out.

Works now anytime I need it!

Comment

my kohler efi is wore out from taking it apart to fix it so many times 👎 plus add on the expensive parts like high preasure fuel pump, ecu, o2 sensors, garbage charging system stator and harnesses issues... pos
                              Last edited by helmach; Apr 8, 2022, 20:58.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...