Feel Sorry For Our Native People

Test
Sep 22, 2022 | 13:54 91

Chuck never stops lol Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 22, 2022 | 15:00 92
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post

Chuck never stops lol
    Even when one agrees they’re a complete arse trying to get the upper hand. Reply With Quote
    Sep 22, 2022 | 15:12 93
    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Quit being simple. Great Alberta is getting a factory. No one ever said what you just said. Saskatchewan has lots of manufacturing and industries associated and not associated with oil and gas and agriculture. What is your point. Oil and gas is still the anchor industry in Alberta. You’re being flippant. Grow the f up!!
    Oh sorry, it was our resident Jazzass who said its only housing in Ontario and manufacturing doesn't count as real GDP compared to oil and gas. But you nor any of the usual suspects ever corrected him did you? LOL

I am happy for Alberta. A little diversification for the petro province might spur some further investments. Reply With Quote
    Sep 22, 2022 | 15:58 94
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Oh sorry, it was our resident Jazzass who said its only housing in Ontario and manufacturing doesn't count as real GDP compared to oil and gas. But you nor any of the usual suspects ever corrected him did you? LOL

I am happy for Alberta. A little diversification for the petro province might spur some further investments.
    Says the guy sitting in the midst of a vast oil area with an RM loaded from oil revenue, and a lot more to come Reply With Quote
    Sep 22, 2022 | 18:40 95
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Says the guy sitting in the midst of a vast oil area with an RM loaded from oil revenue, and a lot more to come
    Yes and further employment for natives and non natives in the local area. Can’t discredit that. Let’s face it manufacturing, high tech, financial services etc are suited for higher population centres. Rural areas and reserves depend on resources and agriculture for their livelihoods. Can’t discredit those who start up ventures in rural areas other than the anchors. Good on them. One lives in a bubble if they shat on the oil industry while they benefit from it. I guess I’m one of the usual suspects disagreeing with those who crap on it but it has contributed more to the northwest of Saskatchewan than anything else. Every region has a resource or industry which it is good at and the nw has lots of oil best suited for the highest quality asphalt and diesel fuel, not to mention all the other fractions. Word is bigger and better things are coming since Cenovus bought husky. More value adding. I’m not saying any more. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 22, 2022 | 18:44 96

I am happy for Alberta. A little diversification for the petro province might spur some further investments.
    I really hope Alberta can diversify its economy. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Back in the day Regina had a GM plant. Manufacturing should be repatriated from countries trying to take us over or with a poor human rights record. Just don’t crap on what we have now. Reply With Quote
    Sep 22, 2022 | 19:55 97
    . Every region has a resource or industry which it is good at
    Are you sure about that? Because I have yet to establish what resource or industry the Ottawa region is good at. Reply With Quote

• Sep 22, 2022 | 20:42 98
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Are you sure about that? Because I have yet to establish what resource or industry the Ottawa region is good at.
    Vancouver-> money laundering
    Ottawa -> ?
    Lethbridge -> innovative policing

Anybody else contribute? Reply With Quote
    Sep 23, 2022 | 15:47 99 North Battleford is crime town number 1 Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Sep 23, 2022 | 18:38 100
    Haha, like a few jets are going to come anywhere close to an industry that makes $200B a year for the country including $20B in direct welfare for our laziest provinces.

What is Saudi Arabias or Norways diversification. They are fabulously wealth focusing on one thing. And thats what Ab should do. Nobody is going to be able to fly anywhere until we get our energy figured out.

But chuck can book a ride on ACs new electric planes. Good luck.
    Last edited by jazz; Sep 23, 2022 at 18:43.
    Landdownunder's Avatar Sep 23, 2022 | 19:07 101 Lets take on the Roman empire and demand they acknowledge the hurt they caused indigenous germans, gauls, Dutch,brits, etc etc and then, why stop there?. Lets go through every nation. Reply With Quote

• Sep 24, 2022 | 09:06 102
    Vancouver-> money laundering
    Ottawa -> ?
    Lethbridge -> innovative policing

Anybody else contribute?
    GTA is the immigration destination for Canada taking near 50% of all immigration.
    Has grown by 3 million+ people since 1986 and growing at a similar pace.
    I expect to see the GTA to add the population of Saskatchewan every 4 to 5 yrs.
    The Federal Government controls where immigration occurs to some degree through quotas assigned to the provinces.
    Vancouver obviously takes a large share of the remainder.
    I met a woman who had lived in Vancouver for ten yrs and had very little English.
    Last edited by shtferbrains; Sep 24, 2022 at 09:12.
    Sep 24, 2022 | 11:51 103
    Quote Originally Posted by shtferbrains View Post
    GTA is the immigration destination for Canada taking near 50% of all immigration.
    The Federal Government controls where immigration occurs to some degree through quotas assigned to the provinces.
    I met a woman who had lived in Vancouver for ten yrs and had very little English.
    The world is urbanizing at an increasing rate. Reminds me of the Republic planet on Star Wars. The whole planet is a city. Eventually unless you have a need to live in a rural area you will live in a city. Kind of like that now but it will become more unaffordable to do so if you’re there for no more than the views. We are somewhat lucky in the prairies that our governments do give a crap about rural areas because we are the backbone of the economy but places like Ontario not so much. Reply With Quote
    ajl
    Sep 24, 2022 | 13:57 104
    Quote Originally Posted by shtferbrains View Post
    What is the purpose of making a medium size city and make it into mega city of 8 or 9 million? Just like having getto's and slums. Canuckistan only has limited land areas where the weather doesn't want to kill you and that is where all the immigration goes. (Lower mainland, southern ontario, and the St Lawrence lowland) So basically immigration is useless at solving a countries demographic problem. Going to learn that the hard way when there are no workers to support the immigration load. Reply With Quote

• jazz's Avatar Sep 25, 2022 | 07:33 105
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl View Post
    What is the purpose of making a medium size city and make it into mega city of 8 or 9 million?
    Thats easy, for power and control. Controlling elections is always easier when you have dense urban areas to work with.

Toronto will eventually have another 25 ridings and then a single city will control our politics. Reply With Quote

• Sep 25, 2022 | 16:50 106 The indigenous people get used over and over for political purpose. The liberals are masters at this.

Recommended read: "Indian" in the Cabinet - Jodi Wilson-Raybould

What an expose! How disgusting the way this government operates!

And other governments as well. Pick your victim. Reply With Quote

• Sep 25, 2022 | 16:53 107
    Quote Originally Posted by Landdownunder View Post
    Lets take on the Roman empire and demand they acknowledge the hurt they caused indigenous germans, gauls, Dutch,brits, etc etc and then, why stop there?. Lets go through every nation.
    And while we're at it, let's make all the mega-cities into city states and give them a pope. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 26, 2022 | 07:49 108
    Lets take on the Roman empire and demand they acknowledge the hurt they caused indigenous germans, gauls, Dutch,brits, etc etc and then, why stop there?. Lets go through every nation.
    Australias record on aboriginals is similar to Canada's and perhaps worse.

Its a whole lot of BS denial to go back a couple thousands of years and claim everyone was treated badly at some point.

Especially when the systemic racism, intolerance and and harm to first nations and aboriginals are still continuing in the present day.

Its a the conservative way to avoid having to acknowledge and dismiss the harm or try to fix some of the problems in a meaningful way.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Sep 26, 2022 at 07:51.
    Sep 26, 2022 | 13:08 109

Its a whole lot of BS denial to go back a couple thousands of years and claim everyone was treated badly at some point.

Especially when the systemic racism, intolerance and and harm to first nations and aboriginals are still continuing in the present day.

Its a the conservative way to avoid having to acknowledge and dismiss the harm or try to fix some of the problems in a meaningful way.
    Yes acknowledging, understanding, and trying to fix the wrongs of a reverse style of apartheid definitely needs to happen. My fear though and you living close to all those reserves with prime meota loam what shall they covet for reparations? I guess it doesn’t matter if you’re the last generation to farm but for us with ones in the wings is what worries me. Yes I’m a conservative and know the situation needs to be fixed but at what cost to everyone else. I imagine in your twisted logic you hate anyone not suffering. Reply With Quote
    Sep 27, 2022 | 07:22 110
    Yes acknowledging, understanding, and trying to fix the wrongs of a reverse style of apartheid definitely needs to happen. My fear though and you living close to all those reserves with prime meota loam what shall they covet for reparations? I guess it doesn’t matter if you’re the last generation to farm but for us with ones in the wings is what worries me. Yes I’m a conservative and know the situation needs to be fixed but at what cost to everyone else. I imagine in your twisted logic you hate anyone not suffering.
    No one is suggesting farmers give up land. Instead land and resource sharing is part of the discussion. Did you forget it was first nations who gave up their land to European settlers?

So you don't want to do anything if it costs you something? That horse has already left the barn. What does it cost not to help fix the problems? Lots.

Further agriculture also costs taxpayers something, so how would can justify the support and services provided for farmers because it costs everyone else? Reply With Quote
    Sep 27, 2022 | 08:46 111
    No one is suggesting farmers give up land.
    Did you forget about the Land Back movement? The one which advocates for giving the land back to the first nations. You know, the movement that your NFU has been publicly supporting for years?
    Yes, you do know because I have brought this to your attention before. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Sep 27, 2022 | 14:22 112
    No one is suggesting farmers give up land. Instead land and resource sharing is part of the discussion. Did you forget it was first nations who gave up their land to European settlers?

So you don't want to do anything if it costs you something? That horse has already left the barn. What does it cost not to help fix the problems? Lots.

Further agriculture also costs taxpayers something, so how would can justify the support and services provided for farmers because it costs everyone else?
    Do you want to give it back to them then? I’d love for you to say that at coffee row. Imagine a load of wheat ending up on your driveway for that.
    Sure ag support costs some money born by the taxpayers like tax credits to other businesses, social services, healthcare etc. However, the multiplier effect spent on ag returned to the economy more than pays for it. Can you substantiate reparations payments and seizing property has the same multiplier? I’m not saying we shouldn’t fix this mess and help out but your justification spits in the eye of those including your father and grandfather who built what we have today. Eventually we have to fight for what our ancestors put their blood sweat and lives into much as the natives gave up their lives for it as well. Nothing right or wrong but sometimes you make a stand for what’s yours. You understand? Reply With Quote

• Landdownunder's Avatar Sep 27, 2022 | 15:15 113

thanks Glenn. yeah mirror image of Canadian issues. pour money in say sorry every change of govt cycle goes on. one thing tried with some success is a cashless debit for indigenous people trialled in certain areas seems to be positive so far.
    guess my only real close experience I coached a football team 2/3 indigenous for 3 years got to know parents and grandparents good and bad. still see some of the lads now young men of course some turned out great some done time in the clink. Yeah still stay hello if they see me in local big town kinda nice to be remembered. Reply With Quote
    Landdownunder's Avatar Sep 27, 2022 | 15:21 114 And Roman Empire comment was in jest. Glenn humour/satire hasn't been your strong point. Reply With Quote

• Sep 28, 2022 | 07:21 115
    And Roman Empire comment was in jest. Glenn humour/satire hasn't been your strong point.
    Pretty hard to tell with some of the wing nut ideas that show up on Agrisilly? LOL just so you know its humour. Reply With Quote
    Sep 28, 2022 | 07:30 116
    Do you want to give it back to them then? I’d love for you to say that at coffee row. Imagine a load of wheat ending up on your driveway for that.
    Sure ag support costs some money born by the taxpayers like tax credits to other businesses, social services, healthcare etc. However, the multiplier effect spent on ag returned to the economy more than pays for it. Can you substantiate reparations payments and seizing property has the same multiplier? I’m not saying we shouldn’t fix this mess and help out but your justification spits in the eye of those including your father and grandfather who built what we have today. Eventually we have to fight for what our ancestors put their blood sweat and lives into much as the natives gave up their lives for it as well. Nothing right or wrong but sometimes you make a stand for what’s yours. You understand?
    Private land owners can voluntarily give or sell their land to whomever they want. Are you opposed to the rights of private landowners to do what they want?

Land sharing with first nations for hunting and harvesting wild plants is another option and there is a movement to do just that. It happens on crown land all the time. And hunters who hunt on private land are sharing the land as well. The wildlife belongs to the province and the public.

There is also a multiplier effect with the money that goes to first nations. Or do you think they don't spend any money?

Glad to see you want to fix the problems.

Well that includes acknowledging the past harm and current harm and working together to improve the lives of first nations. And compensating them in a meaning full way and settling land claims.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Sep 28, 2022 at 07:35.
    Sep 28, 2022 | 07:58 117
    Pretty hard to tell with some of the wing nut ideas that show up on Agrisilly? LOL just so you know its humour.
    Actually, anyone who is even slightly competent at communicating can indicate to their audience that a statement was meant to be a joke, or not, without the use of childish acronyms. Have you heard a lot of comedians end every joke with LOL, just so people know they are supposed to laugh?

You are the only adult I have ever encountered who seems to think this is an acceptable method of communication, or a necessary tool. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• jazz's Avatar Sep 28, 2022 | 11:45 118 Sorry chuck but no natives can access my land without my permission. Everything on it is mine and I have a couple quarters that I own everything underneath too.

I hold title including title under the dominion land act which pre dates all treaties. Reply With Quote
    Landdownunder's Avatar Sep 29, 2022 | 04:16 119
    Pretty hard to tell with some of the wing nut ideas that show up on Agrisilly? LOL just so you know its humour.
    Next visit to Canada gonna make a effort to catch up with you mate meet you in person.

Go to cochin and see if I can remember where Jesse Chatfield lived. And a bar somewhere nearby was a tad unnerving for a young buck at 20 yrs of age.

Memorys gone think he lived on shores of jackfish lake or lake Murray.

cheers PS glenn its Agriville right wing loonigans on agriville mate. Reply With Quote
    Sep 29, 2022 | 07:24 120
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Sorry chuck but no natives can access my land without my permission. Everything on it is mine and I have a couple quarters that I own everything underneath too.

I hold title including title under the dominion land act which pre dates all treaties.
    Well you are wrong on that.

If you only hold a surface title, the mineral title holder and lessee have every tool they need to gain access to oil and gas. And if you disagree they will force you to arbitration and you will lose any challenge at the surface rights arbitration board. So much for your surface property rights which ultimately are under the discretion of provincial governments. Reply With Quote