• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone believe inflation is 5.5%?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Our JD 8850 4wd arrive after lunch!
    Has Dozer 20.8/42 the classic antique that can pull the air seeder or a grain cart!

There are some great buys if a person careful!
    A 400hp spare tractor is a nice antique to have around… no chips in it! Auto steer easy to put on.
    Agree , our you can pull a planter with an old girl like this …

1992 Case 9270 with over 10,000 hrs . Don’t need a $750,000 tractor for that .
    Put er in gear and giver and let the planter do the work while using 6-8 gal/ hr . We just put a new seat in er to make it comfy

Comment

Our JD 8850 4wd arrive after lunch!
      Has Dozer 20.8/42 the classic antique that can pull the air seeder or a grain cart!

There are some great buys if a person careful!
      A 400hp spare tractor is a nice antique to have around… no chips in it! Auto steer easy to put on.
      Factory v8, or repower?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Factory v8, or repower?
        V8 Deere redone 2500 hrs ago with clutch. 8500hrs now.

These are the antiques we need to have around!

Even the V8 Deere engine over haul at today’s prices is cheap now!

Classics no matter what colour… trucks, pickups… paying 100k for a pickup is insane! &$240k for a truck?

I am getting to be an old fool!

$1M for a combine???? Plus can’t even get one this year on top!

Wow

Comment

My perspective, coming from an area where old farm equipment goes to die:
          It seems to me that a shortage of used equipment has been a slow motion train wreck that was coming no matter what.
          There was such a glut of used equipment on the market persisting from back in the boom years of the 70s into early 80s even that realistically has taken this long to work its way through the system.
          Not long after that when no till took over from tillage, and the agricultural economy was unprofitable for so long, that very little new equipment was purchased and needed compared to the boom years at the full tillage years.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 1, 2022, 13:43.

Comment

V8 Deere redone 2500 hrs ago with clutch. 8500hrs now.

These are the antiques we need to have around!

Even the V8 Deere engine over haul at today’s prices is cheap now!

Classics no matter what colour… trucks, pickups… paying 100k for a pickup is insane! &$240k for a truck?

I am getting to be an old fool!

$1M for a combine???? Plus can’t even get one this year on top!

Wow
            yes great to have a few spare tractors , im the same no intrest in the newer equipment , almost everything on my farm is from the last century !Click image for larger version

Name:	545CB195-B048-4369-A1E8-C70AF0706505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	773243

Comment

As a freind said " It doesn't have to be new it just has to be good".

Comment

Agree with everyone here on this matter.
                But, I have learned the hard way that only new is new (relatively).
                Required level of technology and uptime and cost of repairs can bite you.
                Can't wait to get a planter tho.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Agree , our you can pull a planter with an old girl like this …

1992 Case 9270 with over 10,000 hrs . Don’t need a $750,000 tractor for that .
                  Put er in gear and giver and let the planter do the work while using 6-8 gal/ hr . We just put a new seat in er to make it comfy
                  Try a 1995 Steiger Tiger with 12,000 great hours? Every spring, change the oil, turn her over and go non-stop👍🐎💪✅

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    So very glad I don't need to replace anything for a while!
                    Not even the live in?

The solution to inflation is the bacon solution. I'm shocked that cans of everything haven't been downsized to maintain the past price. Few would notice, if bolts in Alberta were sold by the half pound. Seriously, it is that bad.

The shopping cart survey at the local level suggests that looking at easily observable prices at what enters the wheeled basket is too damned hard. Just pay at the counter with a transaction that doesn't involve anything that folds because that is the way I have always floated .

Now imagine how attention span is taxed (one of the only things that isn't - don't give the politicians any further ideas), if you have to squint at a weight/volume measurement on a container.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hamloc;537303]Today I went to town

Every time I go to town, they just keep kicking my dog around. 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

There is no way inflation is at 5.5%!!! I believe the figure is at least 5 to 10 times higher than that!
                        I don’t think the increases will continue at that rate, things will level out at the new levels but there is going to be a ton of hurt until everything gets sorted out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                          Not even the live in?

The solution to inflation is the bacon solution. I'm shocked that cans of everything haven't been downsized to maintain the past price. Few would notice, if bolts in Alberta were sold by the half pound. Seriously, it is that bad.

The shopping cart survey at the local level suggests that looking at easily observable prices at what enters the wheeled basket is too damned hard. Just pay at the counter with a transaction that doesn't involve anything that folds because that is the way I have always floated .

Now imagine how attention span is taxed (one of the only things that isn't - don't give the politicians any further ideas), if you have to squint at a weight/volume measurement on a container.
                          Thank you for your interest. Don't currently have a live in to change out but always open to interviews with qualified individuals. List of specifications supplied on request. Candidate pool not affected by inflation as rarity of specimen acute.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            Thank you for your interest. Don't currently have a live in to change out but always open to interviews with qualified individuals. List of specifications supplied on request. Candidate pool not affected by inflation as rarity of specimen acute.
                            The joke is of course that she needs to include a picture of her boat in the reply to your advertisement. Except in your case it should be a picture of her gun collection.

Comment

Originally posted by STR1 View Post
                              There is no way inflation is at 5.5%!!! I believe the figure is at least 5 to 10 times higher than that!
                              I don’t think the increases will continue at that rate, things will level out at the new levels but there is going to be a ton of hurt until everything gets sorted out!!!
                              https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/german-retailers-increase-food-prices-20-50-monday

Will know shortly if right or wrong on this

Comment

Funny old clip about inflation from SNL - "Jimmi' Carter speaks on inflation"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...