• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring and birds are coming,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring and birds are coming,

Spotted a half-dozen Robins on Monday.
    Saw a red tailed Hawk yesterday, feeding on something while sitting on a snow bank.

Seems they can't wait for spring, anymore than myself.

Hear some crows.

Saw a pair of geese go by low over the trees.
    Nothing but snowbanks in the field.
    Grosbeaks must have moved on as there was a real multi colored flock that I haven't seen in about a week.
    Still lots of Red Polls here.
    Pair of Eagles live about a half mile up the river here. See them on roadkill.

Comment

We get several species of small parrots including these recapped parrots especially if fed a little grain.

Comment

Spring arriving Canadian Geese have been here almost two weeks, they're having to spend alot of time walking on the ice as the small pockets that are unthawed are already occupied. Another couple days and the water won't be freezing as much, and then I'm sure they'll get busy building nests. UGGGG!

Comment

Gotta watch out for these guys near forested areas like national parks

Comment

Saw a few cassowary while in New Zealand a few years back(in zoo). Don't think I'd want to be without something to defend myself if I met a few of them on the road.

What are the birds in your pic? Emu?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
              Saw a few cassowary while in New Zealand a few years back(in zoo). Don't think I'd want to be without something to defend myself if I met a few of them on the road.

What are the birds in your pic? Emu?
              Yes. Apparently if you're on a trail bike you can ride along side and grab them by the neck.
              Disclaimer. No birds were harmed during this anecdotal story

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2078.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	773244
                no shit , this is a highway between tisdale and melfort TODAY!!! , still 2 feet snow , no water
                it would be way worse without carbon tax and global warming !!!!!!!!**************
                really enjoy the pics from the other end of the world

Comment

This a smaller bird in the parrot family, a Rosella

This is a huntsman spider, scary but harmless

30 degs today expecting a half inch tomorrow and Monday nice start to the growing season
                  How bout you mallee

Comment

Went for a short ride on the snowmobile tonight and saw 3 different snowy owls on the same quarter. Just amazing how they can hear mice under 2 feet of snow and then dive in and catch them!
                    Not seeing many spring birds yet.

Comment

There is a bunny that survived the winter in the spruce along the driveway that I see running across the snow drifts with his coat turning brown.
                      Not very good timing when the yard here is still all white.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	63399F58-63E7-42EE-A08C-4E94DE10648D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	773255
                        Bunnies are white as snow here yet

Comment

Few days ago

A couple of pin tail ducks hanging around.

Comment

The crocus are probably a few days later than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              There is a bunny that survived the winter in the spruce along the driveway that I see running across the snow drifts with his coat turning brown.
                              Not very good timing when the yard here is still all white.
                              And the bunny’s are a bit white out this way, not great camouflage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...