• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Budget 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Budget 2022

News letter from my overpaid accounting firm.

https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/ca/pdf/tnf/2022/ca-2022-federal-budget-tax-changes-on-the-table.pdf

I dont know how Justin and Jagger expect to go after Canadas biggest banks and insurers. I mean we will all pay for it, but that has to be upsetting the liberal donors. Power Corp is a big LPC suckup, so is RBC and other big banks.

Trudeau:
    Big oil lobbyists have had their time on the field. Now it’s over to workers and engineers who will build solutions for their sectors, for their communities and for their kids,” Trudeau said, while also outlining previously announced sales targets for zero-emissions vehicles (ZEVs) that would require 60 per cent of new vehicles to be ZEVs by 2030. By 2035, that target increases to 100 per cent.

The new plan sees Ottawa earmarking $400 million for new ZEV charging stations, totalling 50,000.

This is going to go well I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
      This is going to go well I am sure.
      The used market will just skyrocket now. People will be snapping up ICE vehicles and parking them in the shed.

I guess we will be like the Tesla owners who are forced to shop in Canadian tire for an hour while their EV charges.

Comment

World leaders see the green agenda falling apart so our economic braintrust answers by doubling down.
        We can reduce global CO2 output by 1/2 of 1% by reducing economic activity in our world class fossil fuel sector and subsidize EV's manufactured elsewhere.
        Meanwhile 450 large scale coal fired power stations go up around the world.
        We have no natural gas to sell them.

Madness.
        And voters ask for more.

Comment

I actualy have no problem with EV's and have considered buying one.
          But like Chuck I don't see the value in the current offerings.
          With the government subsidies distorting the market I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Also wonder how much they have made that choice a political statement and what pecentage of the population will not be caught dead even riding in an EV?

Less than 20% voted for Mr Treudau's vision.
          Will 60% adopt it?

Comment

Always be aware, a USED EV with older battery is a throwaway. Too costly to fix/replace. Sort of trade often or marry it.

Comment

Like a 12 volt Makita drill .

Comment

Yeah if you have 400amp service to your yard and can have a ‘Level 3 Fast Charger’ then they would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  The used market will just skyrocket now. People will be snapping up ICE vehicles and parking them in the shed.

I guess we will be like the Tesla owners who are forced to shop in Canadian tire for an hour while their EV charges.
                  You can park them in a shed because you won't be able to put a plate on them anyways. They will see to that.

Comment

Yeah if you have 400amp service to your yard and can have a ‘Level 3 Fast Charger’ then they would be great.
                    I also can't get past thinking one would be the second vehicle that sits in the garage because we realy had no need for it.
                    So an extra vehicle to save the planet?

Comment

Like the Environment Canada forecast, always great a few days out but never really happens

Comment

Does saskpower wave demand charges to tesla owners? If so be a good way to reduce the power bill….er I mean asking for a friend….

Comment

The 3 levels of chargers

Level 1 chargers (100A service)
                          Uses a connection to a standard 120-volt outlet
                          Charges 8 km per hour
                          Takes 12 to 20 hours to fully charge a battery EV (6 to 12 hours for a plug-in hybrid)
                          Used mostly in homes

Level 2 chargers (200A service)
                          Uses a connection to a 240-volt outlet, like those used by ovens and clothes dryers
                          Charges 30 km per hour
                          Takes 6 to 14 hours to fully charge a battery EV (4 to 8 hours for a plug-in hybrid)
                          Used in homes, businesses, and common areas

Fast Chargers (also known as Level 3) (400A service)
                          Uses a direct current connection to an electrical system
                          Charges 100 km per 30 minutes or 80% charge at 50 kW (varies by vehicle type)
                          Takes 1 to 4 hours to fully charge a battery EV (15 minutes to 3 hours for a plug-in hybrid)
                          Used mostly in businesses and common areas

Comment

How large of a solar array would it take to charge your EV that you could use it 100 km/day?

Comment

How much does it cost to charge the average ev? No one talks about it. It must be free, just like the solar electricity they automatically are using.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...