• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used Oil

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Oil

Greetings AV,

My used oil storage container is getting close to full, about 1000 L. Called recycling company that frequents our area, “yes, can do, but will be about $180. Pickup Fee”. A different unit will come and pickup empty jugs, pails and filters at no charge. Now on purchase we pay disposal fees on a number of things - batteries, tires, filters, etc. But I’m thinking oil as well, actually going back a ways I’ve been paid for the used oil. Is that others experience, paying for used oil disposal?

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
    Greetings AV,

My used oil storage container is getting close to full, about 1000 L. Called recycling company that frequents our area, “yes, can do, but will be about $180. Pickup Fee”. A different unit will come and pickup empty jugs, pails and filters at no charge. Now on purchase we pay disposal fees on a number of things - batteries, tires, filters, etc. But I’m thinking oil as well, actually going back a ways I’ve been paid for the used oil. Is that others experience, paying for used oil disposal?
    Local outfit used to pay for used oil. Even would pick up filters and pails. Have a 1000l tote full. Phoned them for pickup but same thing a pickup fee unless I hauled it there. I haven’t done much about it but am thinking about asking a few truck shops in town who run waste oil heaters.

Comment

Once on a trailer, cracking the valve at 30mph after dark works rather well.

Comment

I know one guy that took it told me all he got he sold to the potash mines for dust control on the product at loadout.

That was few year ago.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.