• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

extremely unusual weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    BTW, maybe this is why prairie farmers did not get any drought relief for the unusual weather conditions last summer. Maybe government people reject the drought happened just like some of you reject the actual observations of a scientific team that observed winter rain in the high arctic. Maybe since there was no severe drought in Ottawa, how could it have possibly have happened on the prairies just like since on land weather stations in the high arctic did not record these temps, the closest being 500+ miles south. Maybe since drought happened in the 30s and we are still farming today, government seen no point in helping just like the argument that has been made here that the high arctic was once tropical so is this really unusual. I am sure some of you even think Helmach must be lying about his kid riding a bike in dry stubble fields now given you have still 4 feet of snow in your farm yards.

I posted for interest only and not to get into an argument if the Washington post report of observed weather by a scientific team it was really true or if the Washington Post is truthful.
    Or maybe western Canada didn’t get any drought relief because the Federal Liberals don’t give a damn about farmers in Western Canada. They are more interested in carbon taxing us into a non competitive oblivion.

And as you are always portraying yourself as the Poster who corrects B.S., here is an exact quote from your initial thread on this post: “today it is raining at the north pole”, no mention of Alaska.

Comment

It’s amazing how they could see so well in the dark ….could you share with us dlm…always wanting to learn

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
        It’s amazing how they could see so well in the dark ….could you share with us dlm…always wanting to learn
        Have you ever been in an airplane flying a polar route during the winter. Even though it is dark on the ground, because of the altitude, it is light enough to see clouds, etc. (this logic may not make sense to you if you are a flat earther too) Planes also have weather radar which can indicate rain, hail, snow etc. Those observations of clouds and rainfal were made from the air if you bothered to read the article I linked to)

Comment

Thank you dml

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Or maybe western Canada didn’t get any drought relief because the Federal Liberals don’t give a damn about farmers in Western Canada. They are more interested in carbon taxing us into a non competitive oblivion.

And as you are always portraying yourself as the Poster who corrects B.S., here is an exact quote from your initial thread on this post: “today it is raining at the north pole”, no mention of Alaska.
            Hamloc, you are pointing the finger at the wrong person. Go read post 6 by Case where he asked if that was the same north pole as the one he posted the weather observations from. CASE posted about weather in North Pole ALASKA first in this thread. I simply responded to him that it was not north pole Alaska that I was talking about. Try again!

Comment

Have you ever been in an airplane flying a polar route during the winter. Even though it is dark on the ground, because of the altitude, it is light enough to see clouds, etc. (this logic may not make sense to you if you are a flat earther too) Planes also have weather radar which can indicate rain, hail, snow etc. Those observations of clouds and rainfal were made from the air if you bothered to read the article I linked to)
              Awesome DM, now you have resorted to name calling, if we disagree or don’t agree with you outlook, we are flat earthers, fml. Coming from a guy who still won’t reveal what area of Canada he lives in if he lives in Canada at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                Awesome DM, now you have resorted to name calling, if we disagree or don’t agree with you outlook, we are flat earthers, fml. Coming from a guy who still won’t reveal what area of Canada he lives in if he lives in Canada at all.
                Never called anyone on here a flat earther. I simple stated that flat earthers would not accept my argument that the as you go higher you would then be able to see due the earth being round and , the sun would appear in winter at polar latitudes even if there was 24 hour darkness at the surface. I should have explained that for some of you I guess.

BTW, I note you jumped all over me saying I brought up Alaska, but only resort to more criticism of me when I point out it was another poster who brought up Alaska. Maybe look at your own attitude before posting instead of falsely attacking me of what you perceive as my mistakes. Maybe if you took more time and read the thread and links instead of always looking to prove me wrong and start a fight you would have learned something.
                Last edited by dmlfarmer; Mar 18, 2022, 09:05.

Comment

As a matter of fact case, it is a different place. North Pole Alaska is about 1750 MILES away from the geographic north pole which is where the temperatures I reported come from. It is in the middle of the Artic Ocean and not anywhere near Alaska.

Oh, and for blackjack, Alert is 500 miles south of the north pole. Also on land. BTW, did you read the article or you are just smarter than the scientists who actually went and took the temperature and the journalists who reported it.

Can't wait to see how you try to discredit the temperatures reported in India, China, and Antarctica that I included. Or are they close enough to the North pole Alaska and Alert too?
                  Bullshit again , these temps are the same for the next two weeks , won’t be much raining goin on

Comment

So now Case, you paste the temperatures from the Weather Networks north pole Nunavut weather station to disprove the reported temperatures of the geographic north pole. Tell, me, exactly where is the Weather Networks north pole NUNAVUT station?

Sure glad I never posted a temperature for San Francisco seeing as there are 39 cities named San Francisco around the world. Not sure what temperature would be right and what would be BS seeing as they are as diverse as California, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Philippines etc. Case would have spent his whole day finding a station of the same name with a different temperature just to prove himself right.

Comment

Keep up the good work guys. It's just melts my heart to see you guys at each other's throats about weather again after 2 years covid debates.
                      And an alternative energy thread or two as a bonus already.
                      All we need to know is a thread about resurrecting the CWB, and all will be right with the world once again.
                      My sincerest thank you to all contributors.
                      And speaking of contributors, where is Chuck to come along with his usual explainer about the difference between weather and climate? I thought you would be all over this one, where DML is cherry picking singular weather events.

Comment

Thats the same report I saw out of Norway, apparently its -22c.

Comment

It sure is inconvenient that all of these climate events keep happening in the middle of nowhere where there is no one to verify, and impossible for any of us to personally go and confirm. Arctic, and arctic, greenland, middle of the ocean, high in the atmosphere etc.

Comment

Never called anyone on here a flat earther. I simple stated that flat earthers would not accept my argument that the as you go higher you would then be able to see due the earth being round and , the sun would appear in winter at polar latitudes even if there was 24 hour darkness at the surface. I should have explained that for some of you I guess.

BTW, I note you jumped all over me saying I brought up Alaska, but only resort to more criticism of me when I point out it was another poster who brought up Alaska. Maybe look at your own attitude before posting instead of falsely attacking me of what you perceive as my mistakes. Maybe if you took more time and read the thread and links instead of always looking to prove me wrong and start a fight you would have learned something.
                            Yes you are correct, I reread post #9 and it was indeed another poster that brought up Alaska, my mistake.

Comment

If my area received all the moisture that radars indicated would fall, we would be well supplied.

Otherwise, as Mr. Rogers said, it is a beautiful day in the neighbourhood. The shrink continues here from the 14th as a slow melt, little runoff, and the bonus of below freezing overnight so that we can pick our spots to load out durum contacts.

Thank you, Mr. Rogers.

Now back to the north where fish apparently swim in dirt.

Comment

I usually find the 20th of March and the 20th of September to be abysmal weather days. 90% of the time on the spring and fall equinox the weather is just the s##ts. Today is no different, we have blizzard conditions. We have had a couple of inches of wet snow with 60-70 km winds. You can see at best 100 feet. Calving is always a blast during a spring blizzard!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...