• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBC show to watch

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBC show to watch

Sunday October 17th an noon CBC are showing a Country Canada documentary entitled "shoot, shovel and shut up" which is an expose of the US BSE surveillence system. Including USDA vets who identified nervous symptom cows and were told to ignore them etc - should make interesting viewing.
    How can we use this to our advantage? should we be spreading this around to politicians, international media?

Is it an advantage to scare consumers whatever the country? I'm not so sure I like this.

We've been blasting R-Calf over on ranchers.net for a long time about doing just that. How their scare mongering tactics are going to hurt everyone in the long run by turning all consumers off of beef.

I'm wondering if the CBC has an anti-meat agenda. My gut feeling is that they are painting the U.S. with this, to make it more palatable for Canadian viewers, but it's not quite just the U.S. that is in their sights.

This story plus that stunt about digging up old news about cattle being fed the remains of the first BSE cow as if it was new information that had been covered up really has me thinking.

Does our national, taxpayer funded broadcasting system 'really' have our interests at heart????? And are they 'really' interested in reporting the news, or furthering some unknown internal agenda.

Just a thought.

Comment

Country Canada has taken a big switch from when Sandy Cushion used to have a pro-agriculture rural-oriented show, to today's pro-environmentalist anti-everything else show. They may focus on the USDA, but I doubt that they'll make much distinction between them and us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...