• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the eartags!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the eartags!

I finally managed to find calf-setaside eartags today. UFA in Red Deer got a shipment of 400 this morning.These are the white tags with pink backs that are being used by special dispensation until the proper scheme ones are ready. Everywhere else I call says they won't get the new tags until the end of the month at least. So if anyone wants them urgently I suggest you call UFA but I don't think they appreciate the demand there could be for them. The girl was surprised I took 60 of them - wait till someone with 5 or 600 cows comes in!
    Rural Affairs in Edmonton assures you that they are being stocked at all your usual tag outlets whereas the usual tag outlets say that the Government hasn't been keeping them informed and they can't order them until they get the correct information. And Governments always tell farmers to "become more efficient to survive" - shame it doesn't apply to them!

Thanks grassfarmer.
    Put mine on account this morning, and will be heading up for them before noon.

Comment

Just curious, how much did the tags cost.

Comment

$59.80 gst for a bag of 20 - so @$3 each.

Comment

Do you need a different applicator or does the regular all flex type one work?
          Also once you've bought the calves can you just mail/fax in your application or do you actually have to put them in? I'm not too keen right now of messing around with a bunch of darned calves. Maybe in about a month or so.

Comment

Sorry that should read bought the tags, not calves!

Comment

The Allflex tags work with that newer red universal tagger they make. Don't know about any other tags.

Manitoba is supposed to announce this week, (believe it when I see it) what colour the backs will be on our tags. I'm not sure why that's even an issue, they should be the same in every province. So in the meantime our tag supplier is waiting so they know what to order in.

For those from Manitoba go to gov.mb.ca and follow the bse links to get the info on how it works here. Check your vet next week and see if the tags are in yet. They'll know as soon as anyone else does.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...