• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation’s Collapse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=beaverdam;543771]
    Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Looks like the oil companies are going to finish off the climate cultists for good this round.

Fill ur tanks boys this fall.

Some drilling going on by the "juniors" in our area, but the "biggies" basically sayin' nope, we'll slow pump them.

Not in a hurry to get it out of the ground, under this unpredictable regime, why bother, until there are pipelines and less regulation on shipping exports. Everyone, now knows, we'll be using oil for decades.

Enjoy the $2-3/liter gasoline. This is a "made in North America" problem, made by government leadership/political ideology.

Its all a bunch of phucking bullshit. We could be low cost producers and actually doing our part to feed a hungry world, not that I buy into that nonsense anymore. But it really seems stupid to handcuff an industry whether it be oil and gas or agriculture and forestry products to the point that people can't make money for the work they do.

Comment

Citibank forecasting WTI crude to collapse toward $65 per barrel due to recession cutting oil demand.

Comment

[QUOTE=bucket;543772]
        Originally posted by beaverdam View Post

Its all a bunch of phucking bullshit. We could be low cost producers and actually doing our part to feed a hungry world, not that I buy into that nonsense anymore. But it really seems stupid to handcuff an industry whether it be oil and gas or agriculture and forestry products to the point that people can't make money for the work they do.
        Sad part is it fits the UN 2030 to a tee

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
          Citibank forecasting WTI crude to collapse toward $65 per barrel due to recession cutting oil demand.
          inflation lasted for almost a decade in the 70s, it just doesnt disappear like that errol, even if a recession hits.

The kind of deflationary recession you are talking about would need 10+% UE.

I see no govts or central banks reducing their balance sheets.

Until that capitulation happens, they are just tweaking at the edges now.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            But the question is will demand be below our present government induced lack lustre production levels? And if oil “collapses” to $65 a barrel, that isn’t that bad of a price historically!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              But the question is will demand be below our present government induced lack lustre production levels? And if oil “collapses” to $65 a barrel, that isn’t that bad of a price historically!
              A severe recession only takes crude down to $65. Thats pretty good actually. Past recessions have take it down into the 20s.

Inflation has been hitting mostly goods right now, because of the energy nature built into the production. It hasnt hit wages yet and lots of people will be demanding compensation to keep up. Once that happens they will have to trigger a mass layoff to reset it. And people are in a foul mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                Lots of money can be made by the industry @ $65 oil.

Tech steps for what it's worth. Sensing a break below $100 with key support @ $93.50 per barrel. Major support @ $80 (an opinion). Citi's estimate is aggressive @ $65, but they might be right. PS: JP Morgan warned that oil prices could soar as high as $270 per barrel.

Comment

Bears are feasting.

You a bear Errol?

Last few weeks may have been some of the quickest profits ever if you are?

Comment

If oil is too expensive we can just crush the remaining canola supplies. Down from $1200 to $800/MT. Staircase up and elevator down. But deflation can't happen so this must not be true. Canola is now under the cost of production in '22. I was wrong about the best investment for 2022. It was not a 4.75% GIC. Instead it is a 4.85% GIC. Eqbank.ca Maybe the BTO would like to sell a few quarters.

Comment

SCO bear market oil ETF up 10%+ so far today.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        Bears are feasting.

You a bear Errol?

Last few weeks may have been some of the quickest profits ever if you are?
                        Grower accounts with put options have absolutely exploded in value . . . . Crazy markets, lots of emotion.

Comment

I’m still short on the hedges I made in April for canola, thinking of buying them back but not sure if I should step in front of the freight train at this point. Think the market is over sold at this point but am sure a lot of margin calls are contributing to this decline.

Comment

While the meme speaks of Albertans, it seems to perfectly define many Agrivillers views of pricing, inflation, and of course Trudeau
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Credit Ruben Lipszyc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	773522
                            Credit Ruben Lipszyc twitter
                            Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jul 5, 2022, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                              Credit Ruben Lipszyc twitter. While the meme addresses Albertan's seems to define many Agrivillers .[ATTACH]10730[/ATTACH]
                              Sometimes DML I feel like I should respond to your insults and then I realize there really is no point but I do question why when you hold so many of us in contempt that you bother posting on Agriville.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.