• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation’s Collapse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
    I thought you don't get EI if you quit a job. Only if you're laid off.
    nope , not the liberal way
    not necessary to work

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      nope , not the liberal way
      not necessary to work
      Cerb did wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Cerb did wonders.
        I remember that not so distant past when "lifeguarding" was a heavily desired job for high schoolers, and those in university. They could set pretty lenient hours, work on their tan, have evenings or mornings off depending on what your priorities for free time were.

They're having one hell of a time staffing the local pool in town...
        1) nobody bothered to get recertified to lifeguard during the pandemic
        2) there are a select few jobs with the local municipality that are offering $20/hr wages for summer students

Did EVERYONE get hired by the local municipality to spray ditch sides, and pick weeds? I doubt it... There is usually only 4 or 5 positions, so that means that a whole slug of individuals are going to take the summer off AGAIN, and sit at the lake in their parents R.V., go water skiing, and drink beer?

On second thought, what the hell am I doing farming when I could go make nearly $20/hr working on my tan? Hell I think they're pushing $20/hr to do just about anything anymore! If i tallied up all my hours, and divided my take home pay by that, it isn't even close!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          I remember that not so distant past when "lifeguarding" was a heavily desired job for high schoolers, and those in university. They could set pretty lenient hours, work on their tan, have evenings or mornings off depending on what your priorities for free time were.

They're having one hell of a time staffing the local pool in town...
          1) nobody bothered to get recertified to lifeguard during the pandemic
          2) there are a select few jobs with the local municipality that are offering $20/hr wages for summer students

Did EVERYONE get hired by the local municipality to spray ditch sides, and pick weeds? I doubt it... There is usually only 4 or 5 positions, so that means that a whole slug of individuals are going to take the summer off AGAIN, and sit at the lake in their parents R.V., go water skiing, and drink beer?

On second thought, what the hell am I doing farming when I could go make nearly $20/hr working on my tan? Hell I think they're pushing $20/hr to do just about anything anymore! If i tallied up all my hours, and divided my take home pay by that, it isn't even close!

Unfortunately the pool isn't paying employees for the 100 hrs a week like you work on the farm.

The patch has a severe shortage of labor. Frac costs up 20% this latest go around. Also heard service rigs are paying $78/hr for experienced labor around Estevan.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            Unfortunately the pool isn't paying employees for the 100 hrs a week like you work on the farm.

The patch has a severe shortage of labor. Frac costs up 20% this latest go around. Also heard service rigs are paying $78/hr for experienced labor around Estevan.
            This means experienced farm equipment operators won't be far behind...

Comment

Powell hikes Fed rate a further 75 points or 3/4 of a percent this afternoon. Talks of more hikes through 2022.

Inflation is now dead-in-its-tracks.

Welcome a bear market that will hold on for a very long time. All prices are vulnerable to price drop. Homes, cars, crypto crash in-progress, land, equities, base commodities already in fallout. You name it . . When central banks print money unrelenting and with little regard to its outcome forcing a huge unwarranted price gains in asset values . . . then pulls-the-rug from under the middle class.

Cash is now king . . . these words will make the financial industry shutter . . . .

Comment

For ag input inflation to stop
                New combines going up 22% next year lol
                Nope not a joke
                Glad we updated last year to good used
                Oh and the agronomist exerts will be out in full force next week pushing fungicides at extraordinary prices , guilting everyone to spend a fortune to buy now before it’s all gone like used car salesman.
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 15, 2022, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Is that the word from the stealership?

Still would like to upgrade my drill and 4wd.

There have been many crashes but iron has never gone down after any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Is that the word from the stealership?

Still would like to upgrade my drill and 4wd.

There have been many crashes but iron has never gone down after any of them.
                    There are no used 4WD Tractors to be had

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      There are no used 4WD Tractors to be had
                      Yep 1000% I have a great relationship with my salesman on more than a "salesman level"

Exactly what he said. His Brandt dealership is getting virtually zero new stock. From combines to tractors to swathers absolute minimum. Used gear will not go down.

hence no trade ins

Comment

We are not alone with continued crazy inflation in Ag ..
                        https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/were-barely-making-it-furious-farmer-goes-viral-explaining-why-food-prices-are-going-go

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

For ag input inflation to stop
                          Nope not a joke
                          Glad we updated last year to good used
                          Oh and the agronomist exerts will be out in full force next week pushing fungicides at extraordinary prices , guilting everyone to spend a fortune to buy now before it’s all gone like used car salesman.
                          Urea went down from $1550 to I heard, but have not substantiated, $720. NOLA prices were USD 935 in March down to around $440 today. Urea was one of the most over inflated this spring besides parts of course. Ag inputs will decline but it will be sticky on the way down unfortunately.

Comment

Looks like the oil companies are going to finish off the climate cultists for good this round.

Fill ur tanks boys this fall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oil.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	773521

Comment

Transmountain (oil) and Coast Gaslink (gas->LNG) are both behind schedule and way over budget, won’t be much new until these get sorted out.

Comment

[QUOTE=jazz;543763]Looks like the oil companies are going to finish off the climate cultists for good this round.

Fill ur tanks boys this fall.

Some drilling going on by the "juniors" in our area, but the "biggies" basically sayin' nope, we'll slow pump them.

Not in a hurry to get it out of the ground, under this unpredictable regime, why bother, until there are pipelines and less regulation on shipping exports. Everyone, now knows, we'll be using oil for decades.

Enjoy the $2-3/liter gasoline. This is a "made in North America" problem, made by government leadership/political ideology.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...