• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused?!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A first year law student can win this argument that there was no mischief. You tubers have hundreds of hours of footage at all angles for 20 days attesting to the peaceful natured protest.

CBC/CTV have spun a different story that most have bought into. The charges are a intimidation tactic that was part of the cleanup Op’s that worked.

I get a kick out of the Chris Barber judge’s comments about that she hasn’t learnt anymore from the hearing that she has already learned from reading the paper. Wow!

Barber and Lich need to get their lawyers to have the cases transferred to Saskatchewan and Alberta where they have a better chance of having it independently adjudicated and away from the swamp creatures.
    Last edited by Crestliner; Feb 20, 2022, 18:38.

Comment

So do you think the diagolon terrorists with guns in Coutts will get a lenient judge?

Judges don't seem to have much tolerance for a conspiracy to kill cops.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        So do you think the diagolon terrorists with guns in Coutts will get a lenient judge?

Judges don't seem to have much tolerance for a conspiracy to kill cops.
        As far as I know the only place guns were found was at Coutts and let’s be clear the guns were not on site. Coutts was handled and cleared before the imposition of the EMA. Chuck2 to my knowledge you haven't given any real justification for the EMA. Just a bunch of drivel on far right extremism.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          As far as I know the only place guns were found was at Coutts and let’s be clear the guns were not on site. Coutts was handled and cleared before the imposition of the EMA. Chuck2 to my knowledge you haven't given any real justification for the EMA. Just a bunch of drivel on far right extremism.
          Hamloc, I am wondering where you are getting your timeline from re ending blockades and the ema.

Friday feb 11. judge grants injunction against ambassador bridge blockade.
          Saturday feb 12 police try to clear bridge but fail as protestor numbers continue to grow
          Sunday feb 13 night, mounties find the guns in Coutts, border still closed
          Monday feb 14th at 7:54 AM EST CBC reports the enactment of the EMA.
          Tues 15th ambassador bridge reopens
          Tues 15th coutts reopens
          wed 16th emerson reopens

I put forward that that police were likely notified before it was publically announced that the EMA would be appliied and that the ema accelerated the police removal of blocklades at all crossing and the opening of the borders
          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Feb 21, 2022, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
            Hamloc, I am wondering where you are getting your timeline from re ending blockades and the ema.

Friday feb 11. judge grants injunction against ambassador bridge blockade.
            Saturday feb 12 police try to clear bridge but fail as protestor numbers continue to grow
            Sunday feb 13 night, mounties find the guns in Coutts, border still closed
            Monday feb 14th at 7:54 AM EST CBC reports the enactment of the EMA.
            Tues 15th ambassador bridge reopens
            Tues 15th coutts reopens
            wed 16th emerson reopens

I put forward that that police were likely notified before it was publically announced that the EMA would be appliied and that the ema accelerated the police removal of blocklades at all crossing and the opening of the borders
            Dml I challenge you to show me one charge that was laid against protesters that didn’t exist in the existing criminal code before the imposition of the EMA.

Another fact is that during Chrystia Freeland’s announcement of the Emergencies Act she did announce some aspects of the EMA will be made permanent with further legislation. “As of today, all crowdfunding platforms, and the payment service providers they use, must register with FINTRAC and they must report large and suspicious transactions to FINTRAC. The government will also bring forward legislation to provide these authorities to FINTRAC on a permanent basis”.

Are you ok with people that donated $50 or $100 when the protests were considered legal having their bank account frozen? How do we know that the Liberal’s won’t make other aspects of the EMA permanent?

Comment

Trudeau says MPs who vote against the Emergencies Act indicate that "they don’t trust the government to make incredibly momentous and important decisions"
              Well I have low expectations, I truly hope that this monumentally arrogant statement comes back to haunt him very very immediately. Something about a confidence in the government and a vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                Dml I challenge you to show me one charge that was laid against protesters that didn’t exist in the existing criminal code before the imposition of the EMA.

Another fact is that during Chrystia Freeland’s announcement of the Emergencies Act she did announce some aspects of the EMA will be made permanent with further legislation. “As of today, all crowdfunding platforms, and the payment service providers they use, must register with FINTRAC and they must report large and suspicious transactions to FINTRAC. The government will also bring forward legislation to provide these authorities to FINTRAC on a permanent basis”.

Are you ok with people that donated $50 or $100 when the protests were considered legal having their bank account frozen? How do we know that the Liberal’s won’t make other aspects of the EMA permanent?
                EMA cannot just be judged on charges laid. It also enabled police forces to access towing equipment to move the trucks that were blockading roadways which they were able to access before because of towing operators fear of reprisals if they towed trucks for example. It provided more financial resources for police. The biggest benefit was the ability to stop financial support of the blockades.

Contrary to your claim, some aspects of the EMA will not automatically become permanent. At this point we do not even know if the EMA will continue past tonight. If it does pass, it is only in effect for 30 days. It will take new legislation to be enacted to renew or to make any aspect permanent.

As per your claim about $50.00 donations resulting in frozen bank accounts it is obvious you have no idea how FINTRAC works. First, under FINTRAC it is up to the banks to flag and freeze accounts which banks have reason to believe are being used for supporting criminal actions. The police did not send out a list of donors to the banks for all accounts to be frozen. Under normal circumstances, if a bank freezes an account which has not been used nefariously, the bank could be sued. Under the EMA, the bank is protected from being sued if they made a mistake in freezing an account. But the bank still has to prove that it had reason to believe the frozen account was being used unlawfully or they are not protected. Nor is this money immediately claimed by government. And a frozen account can be appealed and must go to court before funds are permanently seized.

Less than 200 accounts have been frozen so to insinuate that every $50.00 donation means your accounts are frozen is an exaggeration.

And I have no problem that non traditional banks now must also report large and suspicious transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                  EMA cannot just be judged on charges laid. It also enabled police forces to access towing equipment to move the trucks that were blockading roadways which they were able to access before because of towing operators fear of reprisals if they towed trucks for example. It provided more financial resources for police. The biggest benefit was the ability to stop financial support of the blockades.

Contrary to your claim, some aspects of the EMA will not automatically become permanent. At this point we do not even know if the EMA will continue past tonight. If it does pass, it is only in effect for 30 days. It will take new legislation to be enacted to renew or to make any aspect permanent.

As per your claim about $50.00 donations resulting in frozen bank accounts it is obvious you have no idea how FINTRAC works. First, under FINTRAC it is up to the banks to flag and freeze accounts which banks have reason to believe are being used for supporting criminal actions. The police did not send out a list of donors to the banks for all accounts to be frozen. Under normal circumstances, if a bank freezes an account which has not been used nefariously, the bank could be sued. Under the EMA, the bank is protected from being sued if they made a mistake in freezing an account. But the bank still has to prove that it had reason to believe the frozen account was being used unlawfully or they are not protected. Nor is this money immediately claimed by government. And a frozen account can be appealed and must go to court before funds are permanently seized.

Less than 200 accounts have been frozen so to insinuate that every $50.00 donation means your accounts are frozen is an exaggeration.

And I have no problem that non traditional banks now must also report large and suspicious transactions.
                  You apparently can’t read Dml, I quoted what Chrystia Freeland said, that “the government will also bring forward legislation to provide these authorities to FINTRAC on a permanent basis”. I did forget to mention that it included crypto currencies.

“As of today, a bank or other financial service provider will be able to immediately freeze or suspend an account without a court order. In doing so, they will be protected against civil liability for actions taken in good faith.” This is directly quoted from the text of the announcement by Chrystia Freeland. She said nothing about recourse through the courts.

I did not insinuate that every $50 donation would result in their account being frozen, I said if you made a $50 or $100 donation your account could be frozen. The government will be working with the banks sharing relative information.

The difference between you and me Dml is you apparently trust the federal Liberal government, I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Trudeau says MPs who vote against the Emergencies Act indicate that "they don’t trust the government to make incredibly momentous and important decisions"
                    Well I have low expectations, I truly hope that this monumentally arrogant statement comes back to haunt him very very immediately. Something about a confidence in the government and a vote.
                    Do I trust Justin Trudeau’s government? In a word, NO!

Comment

Just saw this update. Looks like only 4 of the people arrested at Coutts will still be fac charges. Must have been for real?
                      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 16, 2022, 13:54.

Comment

No, it was all a fairy tale. Thought you hooked up a cultivator to join the parade?

Home grown terrorism is real, good to see them getting locked up.

Tamara Lich's future is the same as these four fine individuals who's only mission was a peaceful protest.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          No, it was all a fairy tale. Thought you hooked up a cultivator to join the parade?

Home grown terrorism is real, good to see them getting locked up.

Tamara Lich's future is the same as these four fine individuals who's only mission was a peaceful protest.
                          The creator of the Universe King Jesus said: In this world, you will have trouble…If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.

Peaceful Protest, Honestly presented with truthful facts, doesn’t assure the protestors any kind of immunity to injustice nor persecution. The Canadian Constitution apparently means nothing to the present government of Canada.

Yet, as always; When good people do nothing, evil wins.

Blessings and Salutations…

Comment

Within a few days of that arrest you could see they had 4 hardened criminals and the rest were basically political prisoners who were obviously going to walk on what they had them charged with.

How far are we from countries like Russia and China or Cuba where they just Trump up some scary sounding charge and the media sells it to the public with news releases written by government media employees?

Maybe we are there already?

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                              The creator of the Universe King Jesus said: In this world, you will have trouble…If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.

Peaceful Protest, Honestly presented with truthful facts, doesn’t assure the protestors any kind of immunity to injustice nor persecution. The Canadian Constitution apparently means nothing to the present government of Canada.

Yet, as always; When good people do nothing, evil wins.

Blessings and Salutations…
                              Evil did not win this time. They can have their day in court and the King can't save them.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                                Evil did not win this time. They can have their day in court and the King can't save them.
                                Where will you be when Trudeau tries to force your farm to shutdown.

Let me guess right in line nodding your head.

People who have never fought for anything in their lives are so easy to pick out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...