• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this per year or per month

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this per year or per month

I lookd at my visa's last year and decided it was cheaper to do all my inputs on them than 1.5 and 2% per month at agricore and ufa, as long as visa gets minimum payments they are happy, no deadline for interest rebate or pay in full by oct 31. Visa and Mastercard interest rates vary from 3.9 to 18 % (cash advance in spring for 3.9 untill oct 31 then 13%) but average them out and it is cheaper than trade credit with less hassle. Have them paid off in full when you start in the spring and max them out, then make minimum payments untill fall and dont use any for personal (save an extra card or use your cash for personal) the interest is 100% deductable for inc tax. If your farm goes to hell visa is more understanding than the trade suppliers (less security and easier to make arrangements)

I'd love to be able to get a Visa or Mastercard, however, for somebody just starting out recently, Visa and Mastercard have REALLY tightened up their rules when it comes to people farming. Also a lot of the people around here have gone from not needing credit to being unable to get credit within a blink of an eye.

Comment

Golly, with all of the pre-approved credit card applications that we seem to get in the mail around here, I would have thought that the credit card companies couldn't give it away fast enough. I would estimate that between the two of us, we likely average about 3 or 4 of them per month some months.
      They range from regular cards to gold cards to platinum cards.

I guess you learn something every day, because I (maybe wrongly) assumed that this was a common occurence.

That is a very true statement that you make dalek - when you need the credit the most, you can't get it.

Comment

If you get the visa aeroplan card it works good also. It cost $120 a year for the card but I think it is well worth it. I use it for all my input costs and I custom haul grain as well year round so I buy all my fuel with the card. Last year my wife and I flew to Florida with the airmiles and next spring we are flying to Bali down not to far from Australia. It only cost us $80 per ticket for the taxes on top of the airmiles. Those same 2 tickets to Bali would be around $5000 if I had to Buy them.

We have to pay for the input costs anyway and when we put it on the visa we can get an extra month of no interest which works good for the custom grain hauling as it takes about a month sometimes to get paid from my customers. WIth out the visa card I would have had to pay interest at the bulk fuel dealers and the Visa gets me the extra 30 days. I have been using the visa card since 1999 and Have paid it off every month in full since I got it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.