• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Well, it has been an interesting few weeks to be back in Canada I got lots accomplished and you guessed it it's time to fly off to the land of Freedom Florida once again.

Wheels up Tomorrow and I cant wait.

Now freedom is what the Truckers are wanting and they have almost raised 6 mill in a matter of a week. Anyone who can not see that Trudeau and his policies are hated is blind. One area in Montreal Ottawa and Toronto keep electing the fool the rest of us are just tired of his useless bullshit.

He is a lazy sick perverted ****.

I'm triple vaccinated and don't care if my neighbor isn't that's a choice like abortion its every individual's choice. Other areas of the world are opening up it's time to do like Saskatchewan, yes we have Covid but we still have to live our lives so let's just get on with it and let the cards fall where they like.

Feels good to get that off my chest.

Friday Crop Report.

Did a lot of sales in the month of Jan, First Canola sale of the year got over $23 and I am happy. The first wheat sale was completed and delivered and it was $12. Still, lots to sell but were good till July now.

Crew going north we found a nice 7 high track and it's nice on paper and pictures they will get back and check is signed for the guy if it's good.

The land is always on farmers' minds, working on one for spring and almost inked. Some poorer stuff is going for 4800000 south of the valley it's still going up.

Snow and more snow and more snow. The yard is clean and pushed but using to track hoe to move the snow further out as it's getting too high in places. Yes playing but still fun.

Granular Fertilizer arrives in Feb it's stupid expensive but I guess if you're looking for a positive way less tax to pay to Ottawa it's a win win.

Projected acres as off today and seeding intentions.

Real simple in 2022 with strong fall prices.

Canola 5000 locked in almost 19 so very happy didn't go over the board starting point.

Wheat will be 4000 and we did do a contract for sept for over 10 starting points.

Peas have targets in for 12 just not hit but our pea acres are the same as before 600

Barley is the one where dropping acres in half probably will be the best payer come fall but last year it was awful with the heat so 400 and that's it. No contract yet.

Like I said it's been a busy month but a fun cool warm snowy month.

Have a great rest of your winter see you at seeding or equip prep month April.

Have a safe trip SF and enjoy the rest of winter down south!

Wish I could join you but it’s the start of calving season here so should get busy quick. Not a good start as we lost the first one last night.

I hope something good happens in Ottawa with the convoy cause boy does this country need it. Turn this ship around and start sailing in the right direction again.

Still have some grain to price but the markets seem choppy to me so might pull the pin on some more. Funny how you feel when you think the markets are heading in the right direction and then they slam you on the way down. Was waiting for $13 wheat and never got it and now would be happy with $12 if it could get there again. Boy it sure is fun marketing! Canola seems stuck for old crop so might just dump it.

We have lots of snow piled up here too as pushing snow is an everyday occurrence. Probably more from the wind that never stops.

Crop rotation is the same as always here too. Not much changes. Thinking of doing some new crop as I think this might be the year but if it’s dry again look out. Waiting for some weather updates for the growing season to see what they are predicting. If anyone has any insight would love to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
      Have a safe trip SF and enjoy the rest of winter down south!

Wish I could join you but it’s the start of calving season here so should get busy quick. Not a good start as we lost the first one last night.

I hope something good happens in Ottawa with the convoy cause boy does this country need it. Turn this ship around and start sailing in the right direction again.

Still have some grain to price but the markets seem choppy to me so might pull the pin on some more. Funny how you feel when you think the markets are heading in the right direction and then they slam you on the way down. Was waiting for $13 wheat and never got it and now would be happy with $12 if it could get there again. Boy it sure is fun marketing! Canola seems stuck for old crop so might just dump it.

We have lots of snow piled up here too as pushing snow is an everyday occurrence. Probably more from the wind that never stops.

Crop rotation is the same as always here too. Not much changes. Thinking of doing some new crop as I think this might be the year but if it’s dry again look out. Waiting for some weather updates for the growing season to see what they are predicting. If anyone has any insight would love to hear it.
      I will tell you Easter Sunday what my egg says for weather prediction.
      Last yr it said dry, it’s been pretty much spot on 5 yrs straight.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
        I will tell you Easter Sunday what my egg says for weather prediction.
        Last yr it said dry, it’s been pretty much spot on 5 yrs straight.
        Easter egg weather prediction?

Never heard of that before……….. How’s it work?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Easter egg weather prediction?

Never heard of that before……….. How’s it work?
          Put a hard boiled or one non boiled in a jar on Easter Sunday leave for a yr, break it open the following Easter Sunday. Last yr there was nothing in it.
          The yr before it was 3/4-7/8 full.
          I have one of each in jars for 2022.
          I wouldn’t go by my theory but it’s fun to see what happens from what I see.

Comment

Ditches full

Comment

Yes please keep us updated with your egg BTO. Much appreciated

Comment

LOTS of snow. That is my crop report.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  LOTS of snow. That is my crop report.
                  No snow, all ran off last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                    No snow, all ran off last few days.
                    Wow. We were minus three yesterday. Other than that, we’ve had a lot of minus 20 and below days. How warm did you get out west.

Comment

Pm sparkle socks is in hiding a Canadian who face timed him caught Covid so he’s looking himself in the cottage for five days.

The useless **** is hiding

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Pm sparkle socks is in hiding a Canadian who face timed him caught Covid so he’s looking himself in the cottage for five days.

The useless **** is hiding
                        He doesn't have to isolate if he is fully vaccinated. What a marooooon.

He is either on a plane already with the excuse he is at home or he is " just in " hiding.

on another topic, Pierre Poilievre nailed it about the media.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          He doesn't have to isolate if he is fully vaccinated. What a marooooon.

He is either on a plane already with the excuse he is at home or he is " just in " hiding.

on another topic, Pierre Poilievre nailed it about the media.
                          As usual Poilievre is on target with his comments and questions
                          Is this the one you are referring to;
                          "When was the last time the press gallery went through the social media posts of every single person attending a left-wing protest to find & report every crazy comment made?"

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            As usual Poilievre is on target with his comments and questions
                            Is this the one you are referring to;
                            "When was the last time the press gallery went through the social media posts of every single person attending a left-wing protest to find & report every crazy comment made?"
                            Thats the one.

I liked the fact that CBC stuck a microphone in a black trucker's face for comment. How does Trudeau call him a racist?

Comment

""""Pm sparkle socks is in hiding a Canadian who face timed him caught Covid so he’s looking himself in the cottage for five days. """""

Sophie been wandering again??????hahaha

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...