• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola crush bids in Sask

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola crush bids in Sask

What bids are out there lately? I see Pioneer Yorkton is $23.15 April

Clavet is around 23 picked up for April, depending on your RM

Comment

Markets making me extremely nervous these days. Should be very little canola out there left to sell so should only go up. On the other hand if the Russia/Ukraine situation becomes a serious problem I could see a steep decline in markets. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by KochiaKing View Post
        Markets making me extremely nervous these days. Should be very little canola out there left to sell so should only go up. On the other hand if the Russia/Ukraine situation becomes a serious problem I could see a steep decline in markets. Thoughts?
        Local RP is full, have only loaded 1 train in the last 6 months, other than they have 10 owned cars that move a bit of canola to their crush plant and haul a bit out by truck. Basically have all the off combine canola still. Based on that I dont see much appetite to increase prices.

Comment

Soy oil marching upwards, patience is required

Comment

Crush margins are not too great, in fact the ICE crush margin calculator has been running in the red.
            In the real world I think the margin is bit positive

Higher bean oil prices will support Canola. Not sure whether it will be enough to translate into new highs for Canola seed. Since Dec 21 Canola has been more of a follower to bean oil, not a leader.

Soy will be the oil of choice to replace canola oil if needed

Comment

Canola prices have stayed flat more or less for the last few months around here. In November we could have got $23.50/bu, then it peaked a little over $24, then it dropped to high $22s and now $24 for July.

To me it seems like canola prices have met the glass ceiling and there’s very little room for prices to increases. (Don’t get me wrong $24 canola is fantastic and I’m not complaining).

Comment

Have May targets in for $24, $25 and $26, if someone gets squeezed in the market it could be a possibility.

Comment

Bids for nearby delivery to elevators have improved lately.
                  Crush plants might have to up their game as I don't think the present export pace can be sustained without the crush plants running low on feedstock

Comment

What would be the best new crop price out there now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                      What would be the best new crop price out there now ?
                      I heard numbers between $18.75 to a high of $19 last week but I can’t say which company. Simply talked to different farmers selling at that price.

Comment

19+ Nov Del Yorkton

Comment

Sold some September $18.75 last week to line company in Alberta

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                            Sold some September $18.75 last week to line company in Alberta
                            The numbers are certainly tempting, the continuing dryness reduces one desire to sell something you don’t have in the bin yet!

Comment

How much discount if the crushers offered act of god using options?

But how could they avoid sellers opting out of delivery if the contracted price was no longer attractive.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.