• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
    Why the spray foam before fibreglass goes in?
    Don’t need a vapour barrier if you spray foam.

Comment

Yes we sprayed 3 in in wall then doing a r22 so it’s around r 40 walls. Don’t need vapor barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
        My old barn, built in 1905, has a large loft, is done because I never put any upkeep in it. Still lots of good lumber in it. Can I, with my FEL, take it down by myself. Would rebuild smaller shop on the concrete which appears to be in good condition.
        Can’t see why not. All you’re out is your labour.

Comment

Sheepwheat by the time you put your tractor, a vehicle, some toys, workbenches, and accumulated junk😉 in it might be a bit cozy. A friend helped us build both our shop and house and said to build bigger than you think and just not finish it completely rather than skimp on size. Heck we had painted plywood floors for five years in the house as kids but I’m glad with the end result.

You’ll use it more than you think. Yesterday a squeeze chute was froze solid from manure and freezing rain. Set it inside and a few hours later chipping the frozen stuff out was much easier.

Nice to be able to park the old shrapnel inside and when it gets persnickety you know it’s not gelled fuel and your fingers aren’t “burning” from hanging on to frozen wrenches………….

Comment

What a roller coaster of temps lately…..
            From -40 last week to 0 on Monday and back to -33 yesterday and above freezing today. The cows are all handling it well at least.

The other night was cold and clear with a full moon and happy bovines. Compared to today with melting ice on the road and a loaded wagon that lost the battle with gravity. Luckily it got put in the ditch before rolling into the ravine at the bottom. Might have become a salvage operation otherwise. 😎

The loader was close by which was handy. Got the panels all setup to preg test cows in the field tomorrow. Going to watch our open heifers sell on the internet in the morning (hopefully for good money) and go enjoy the beautiful weather checking out the east end of westbound cows. 😉

Happy insulating SF. Looking forward to seeing the finished project 🍀

Comment

What we added on is a truck Bay with drains that's can fit a Semi and Tridem trailer with room to walk around. Then we took out the wall between the old and new shop. This way in winter the main shop can be used for working and the side area to hold the main grain hauler, if two or three are trucking we still have room in the main shop for two more trucks and trailers. So three could be in daily and also a tractor and auger on real cold days.

The new side area has remote door openers so it's just like a garage in the city.

The problem is the overhead door. It was ordered in July and were now told we might get it in Feb or March. So so much for using the bay this winter. Hardware is somewhere in the ocean or in a container. Lots of guys missing doors this winter.

Comment

Nice looking heifers.
                Should be ready for BBQ season.
                Do you think some of those might get bred if it looks like there will be some grass?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                  What a roller coaster of temps lately…..
                  From -40 last week to 0 on Monday and back to -33 yesterday and above freezing today. The cows are all handling it well at least.

The other night was cold and clear with a full moon and happy bovines. Compared to today with melting ice on the road and a loaded wagon that lost the battle with gravity. Luckily it got put in the ditch before rolling into the ravine at the bottom. Might have become a salvage operation otherwise. 😎

The loader was close by which was handy. Got the panels all setup to preg test cows in the field tomorrow. Going to watch our open heifers sell on the internet in the morning (hopefully for good money) and go enjoy the beautiful weather checking out the east end of westbound cows. 😉

Happy insulating SF. Looking forward to seeing the finished project 🍀
                  Woodland, I always admire your pictures, ambition and positive attitude, very refreshing.

Good thing your outfit didn't end up getting away on you.

As I recall, you had to travel quite a distance for that wagon, but I don't remember where?

Comment

We are looking at getting quotes for a heated shop and that is the one thing the one guy said is overhead doors have gone crazy in price. Maybe they can’t get parts. Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. Doesn’t seem like the best time to put up a heated shop.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
                      We are looking at getting quotes for a heated shop and that is the one thing the one guy said is overhead doors have gone crazy in price. Maybe they can’t get parts. Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. Doesn’t seem like the best time to put up a heated shop.
                      Have you looked at building your own bifold? Some guys around here have done that and spoke of the very significant savings.

One chap built a massively wide door for his Cessna hangar and it seems to work well for him.

Comment

Hey Burnt,
                        I will check with the builders and maybe bifold doors are more economical at this time. Looking for 3 doors all different sizes. Not too great of a carpenter or builder to install our own doors.
                        Does anybody have an idea if a pole shed with the concrete poured after is better that a stick frame build right on the pad of concrete?

Comment

Have 40 foot dimond doors.work awsome

Comment

I get what y’all are saying about size. But I’m not a normal type. And I have other plans that preclude the initial footprint.

Comment

I understand the size thing too but when does it come down to economical sense? I have a great idea for my yard but that would be pushing it close to a crazy $ value that it doesn’t make sense. I will try to get the initial size up and maybe look to add on later. I know it will be tough to do later but so is paying for a building all in one. I should have done it 5-10 years ago but then somebody else might be enjoying it.

Comment

Ever consider chains Woodland?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...