• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put up an integrity building for cold storage 18 months ago and very happy with it. Have two Goodon buildings from 22 years ago that are less impressive but to be fair construction process has come a long way in past 20 years. Currently working on a Robertson all steel structure with pre finished insulated panels. Best word of advice is to build bigger than you think you will ever need but doesn’t break the bank. Then no regrets.

Comment

Whats concrete slab going for these days anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
        Sask farmer,
        When we finished our new shop we put 8’ of 3/4” fire proof plywood up from the floor all the way around the building then metal clad it.

Anything can easily be mounted anywhere into the 3/4” plywood behind, and it makes the building virtually indestructible and very fire resistant!

Just a thought

Cheers
        Great idea, but for a frugal farmer option: 3/4" plywood to 8' high, painted finish. Metal cladding only above 8'.

For most part, anything hung on the walls will be within arm's reach. And if my building's gonna burn, might as well burn the whole thing and replace it rather than fck around with insurance trying to put lipstick on a roasted pig.

Comment

3 yes ago labour, rebar, 5000 lb cement , cut , sealed, cuts filled and center drain was $8.75/sq ft
          You’ll need a foot of gravel under , we put 2 feet that’s extra
          Maybe 20 -30% more now , not sure

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
            Great idea, but for a frugal farmer option: 3/4" plywood to 8' high, painted finish. Metal cladding only above 8'.

For most part, anything hung on the walls will be within arm's reach. And if my building's gonna burn, might as well burn the whole thing and replace it rather than fck around with insurance trying to put lipstick on a roasted pig.
            I don’t see the advantage of 8 ft plywood
            We have a 2x6 strap under tin every 18” if we wanna hang shit

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Whats concrete slab going for these days anyone?
              we're budgeting $12-13/sf for a 6" slab, 10M @ 12" e/w, including sawcuts, hardener/sealer, 8" compacted gravel and slab perimeter insulation. based on a 50x75 I quoted recently. This would be near a major center in Alberta, not sure what pricing is like in SK.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                that's cheaper for sure.... nothing wrong with that if it works for you. advantage of plywood would be more flexibility of where and how to hang things. and cladding ribs wouldn't be in the way.

Comment

Had some pricing from Integrity, prices are up big time, lumber is back at approaching previous highs from early last year. Will probably wait, again. Looks like late last summer was the lumber price crash.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    It’s a itchy kind of day auger won’t go and Cargill canceled three trucks not sure why.

Why the spray foam before fibreglass goes in?

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                      we're budgeting $12-13/sf for a 6" slab, 10M @ 12" e/w, including sawcuts, hardener/sealer, 8" compacted gravel and slab perimeter insulation. based on a 50x75 I quoted recently. This would be near a major center in Alberta, not sure what pricing is like in SK.
                      Are you including piles and grade beam in that estimate. Here on the gumbo thats a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Are you including piles and grade beam in that estimate. Here on the gumbo thats a must have.
                        slab only. piles and gradebeam depend on the type of building you're doing... if it's a pole shed you don't need it to finish the slab inside. Thought maybe you were referring to putting a slab in an existing building.

Comment

Stupid mule deer hanging out on the front lawn. Really working over the Cedar trees!
                          Last edited by seldomseen; Jan 20, 2022, 18:14.

Comment

Gee you could flock shoot..

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              If you are in and out with loaders regularly and eyesight is getting bad plywood is more durable and easier to replace.

Comment

My old barn, built in 1905, has a large loft, is done because I never put any upkeep in it. Still lots of good lumber in it. Can I, with my FEL, take it down by myself. Would rebuild smaller shop on the concrete which appears to be in good condition.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...