• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Yeah they say a cow moose with a new calf is something you steer clear of. This girl was alone. Something ticked her off. A friend figures she’s mad that she has to live outside in these conditions.
    probably CWD

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Umm sorry to say it, but the heads of these farm orgs are mostly ceremonial. These arent lobby groups with cash to fill politicians re-election campaigns. They have no power.

So if Minister bobo cant get an extra dime out of Trudeau for this industry, how would farm groups influence that? Answer is they cant.

I mean you a have a health care system ready to collapse and Trudeau gave no money to that. Why would we think he is going to come with some savior program for an industry he hates.

We are on our own. If the current programs cant do it for your operation, then we need to sit down and do a total risk assessment and plan accordingly. I would bet there is more regulation coming for this industry than any new support dollars.
      I can't argue your comments , other than to say, how is it that every other industry received billions.

Air canada ....closing in on 9 billion
      Algoma....400 million
      Dofasco ....400 million

Then add up the the rest of the half trillion spent and where it went.

Your comment """If the current programs cant do it for your operation, then we need to sit down and do a total risk assessment and plan accordingly."""" maybe should apply to other industries as well.

Comment

Honestly bucket, and this wont be popular with some on this forum or industry, I want ag totally forgotten by the feds and the public. I feel we would be better off.

Trying to raise our profile in this business is just back firing. The average woke Joe will hate us and the govt will eventually shake us down to please that group for votes and then extra-national orgs like the UN will be trying to regulate us.

I see no win for us by engaging this govt in any way.

Comment

With snow almost every day, gives more hope than brown grass now.
          If this continues as rain in the coming season crops should be ok..
          Prices for each crop would make us $$$.
          Pick what ever you like to grow.
          Or what ever you can get seed to grow.
          Bly and oats were gone long ago in this area..

Comment

Honestly bucket, and this wont be popular with some on this forum or industry, I want ag totally forgotten by the feds and the public. I feel we would be better off.

Trying to raise our profile in this business is just back firing. The average woke Joe will hate us and the govt will eventually shake us down to please that group for votes and then extra-national orgs like the UN will be trying to regulate us.

You say it well.

And yet it seems another group is formed yearly saying they represent farmers.

Has anyone added the number of provincial and national organizations that are supposedly farm /ranch related?

And watch how the same people flow from one to another.

Comment

It’s a itchy kind of day auger won’t go and Cargill canceled three trucks not sure why.

Comment

the 3 ancient chinese curses

may you live in interesting times
                may every wish be granted
                may those in authority notice you

Comment

Thx Jwab, will try harder…

So much to process!!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    It’s a itchy kind of day auger won’t go and Cargill canceled three trucks not sure why.

Sask farmer,
                    When we finished our new shop we put 8’ of 3/4” fire proof plywood up from the floor all the way around the building then metal clad it.

Anything can easily be mounted anywhere into the 3/4” plywood behind, and it makes the building virtually indestructible and very fire resistant!

Just a thought

Cheers

Comment

Saskfarmer..

Spray foam plus insulation. Do you even need a heat source for that building?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Who did your building and concrete? Is it on grade beam piles? $/sqft?

Looking to put up a smallish workshop this year just to putz in a few days a week. Kids are all in school now so have some more free time on my hands during the day.

Comment

Who did your building and concrete? Is it on grade beam piles? $/sqft?

Looking to put up a smallish workshop this year just to putz in a few days a week. Kids are all in school now so have some more free time on my hands during the day.
                          What does smallish mean to you jazz? I’m looking as well. I’m thinking 30 x 40 ish. I’m kind of out of the big grain farm dream, so my size needed is modest. I would just like my daily chore tractor to sit in there and room for a vehicle or sleds, quads etc. This year has worn me down. I ain’t old, but I ain’t getting younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            What does smallish mean to you jazz? I’m looking as well. I’m thinking 30 x 40 ish. I’m kind of out of the big grain farm dream, so my size needed is modest. I would just like my daily chore tractor to sit in there and room for a vehicle or sleds, quads etc. This year has worn me down. I ain’t old, but I ain’t getting younger.
                            I bet someday you will be sorry you built it that small. From someone once in your shoes.

Comment

40x60 would probably the ideal size for my farm and budget. We have cold storage already but never have had a dedicated heated space to fix in or putz around.

Its been 20 yrs since we have built anything so I dont know who is good in the industry for finished spaces anymore. Suggestions welcome.

Comment

48x60 ours , Goodon
                                Wouldn’t get anyone else , too old for surprises
                                Wish it was 48x 70

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...