• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming RB auction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming RB auction

Hanson farms. Curious any thoughts on the quality of the land? Any predictions on price? Lots of land around here changing hands. Prices still going up.

When I saw the farm name I thought it was someone from this area so I was going to respond and tell you how terrible the farmland is. Doesn't drain, rains too much, always floods out, hailed out every year terrible neighbors, high crime rate, high property taxes, short season, poor soil, Countless Oil wells in the way, overrun with wildlife, I heard it might be haunted, and cursed, You don't want it.

Then I discovered that it is in Torquay Saskatchewan, far outside of the area I would be trying to buy land in. in which event, I'm sure it's very good land.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 15, 2022, 22:59.

Comment

Torquay, not Norquay.

I was gunna Wade in, but have zero familiarity with Torquay, like I do Norquay.

Comment

Was just looking at this auction listing this morning and noticed RB is increasing their auction buyer fees, actually looks like they are doubling them on some items, must cost them a fortune to have computers run their auctions wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Hanson farms. Curious any thoughts on the quality of the land? Any predictions on price? Lots of land around here changing hands. Prices still going up.
          I wonder if they would be willing to put up pictures of the land during the flood years? Pretty good setup the yard looks alittle tight for the type of machinery though.

Comment

Didn't win lotto max last week so will watch and not buy.

I like the farm one up north better.

Comment

Good on them, looks like they have put a good “shift” in. They won’t be worrying about high cost fert and inputs and the rest of the BS that is going on in the farming industry. It’s only going to get worse and we all know it.

They won’t need to fight and argue to get an extra .25 for their commodities.

Why not call it quits and start enjoying what you have worked for. All the stealerships and chem companies are sure having a good time on us.

I hope they really enjoy retirement. I know I can’t wait.

Comment

I thought it was a fifty fifty chance of retiring or working at McDonald’s.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                  I wonder if they would be willing to put up pictures of the land during the flood years? Pretty good setup the yard looks alittle tight for the type of machinery though.
                  You can find your own images of the wet years right here:
                  Explore the dynamics of our changing planet over the past three and a half decades.

Looks like a drastic difference between the wettest and driest years, from almost no standing water, to almost more water than land.

Comment

Than now is the time to sell, no standing water.

The old saying applies in this case "buyer beware"

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Like selling saline soil in the winter.

Comment

New listing in SW Sask. 7500 cultivated acres at 4000 /acre. Grassland 1000/acre. Probably Hutterites or the red army buying this one if it sells at all. Might be the vendor just testing the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Foot of snow covers a lot of rocks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                            Was just looking at this auction listing this morning and noticed RB is increasing their auction buyer fees, actually looks like they are doubling them on some items, must cost them a fortune to have computers run their auctions wow.
                            They are likely upside down on a few sale guarantees. Buyers fees going to be more the the item price soon.
                            Last edited by ajl; Jan 16, 2022, 16:18.

Comment

neighbors RB land auction after sale they take chunk and by law a real estate gets to set up land transfer. A bit of pen work only and not even have to spend any time advertising or showing the farm but nice commission cheque anyways. Neighbor made them wait a couple of hours after sale before he would sign papers. He was a little pissy about it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...