• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kazakhstan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kazakhstan

I got a hunch it not just about fuel prices.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/1/5/explainer-what-is-behind-the-protests-rocking-kazakhstan

This is a pretty good article.

Comment

Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Belarus etc the corrupt rulers exist because they’re friendly with Russia. Putin dare not let them fail or he loses further influence on the region. He already has enough work cut out for him in the Ukraine. Question is if there was an Arab spring kind of shitshow across the region with all the old Soviet satellites how thin can Russia be spread? Black swan here potentially if things play out. Putin was always worried about NATO and the west screwing Russia over but looks like it could be the downfall of his puppets. I might be wrong and it could be just another day and a few thousand people die and carry on.

Comment

Appears to be a uprising about an inflated cost of living but no wage parity.

Didn't we have those here when inflation was rampant in the 80's?

They didn't use the "shoot them it will teach them a lesson" tactic that has always been popular in dictatorships by it has to be a wake up for other leaders.

How far are we from the situation that developed it? Put 2% on interest rates and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          Appears to be a uprising about an inflated cost of living but no wage parity.

Didn't we have those here when inflation was rampant in the 80's?

They didn't use the "shoot them it will teach them a lesson" tactic that has always been popular in dictatorships by it has to be a wake up for other leaders.

How far are we from the situation that developed it? Put 2% on interest rates and see what happens.
          Even Al Jazeera which probably has a better grasp on the situation paints the regime as full of corruption and nepotism akin to some native reserves here. It just sucks it is allowed to continue because of Russian interference. However the devil you know or don’t know. Most of those central Asian countries are in the same boat and if they go hot Russia will be in there like a dirty shirt. Question is how thin can they be spread? If it happens Russia doesn’t get a handle on it the whole region could go full retard. There’s been enough trouble in the caucuses which Putin has kept in check through reprisals and keeping on the good side of the strong men but if there is any show of weakness they’ll revolt. The mujahadeen from all over the world will be there. This is Putin’s biggest threat and he knows it.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't China swoop in to Kazakhstan to invest in infrastructure and now holds their oil and gas industry? Didn't the Kazakh oil and gas workers go on strike to protest low wages and then the China controlled industry fire them all and bring in their own Chinese workers? And then did not China install their own chosen dictator into power?
            Last edited by littledoggie; Jan 8, 2022, 14:21. Reason: inflammatory word ;/

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't China swoop in to Kazakhstan to invest in infrastructure and now holds their oil and gas industry? Didn't the Kazakh oil and gas workers go on strike to protest low wages and then the China controlled industry fire them all and bring in their own Chinese workers? And then did not China install their own chosen dictator into power?
              Exxon and Chevron are in there big but I seen a documentary about chinas OBOR and they were in there too. They are neighbours. I wonder how that works having China one side and Russia on the other. Talk about foreign interference.

Comment

where do they house the 10000 arrested?
                im curious how many in Germany will be arrested, or at least reported arrested.

Comment

Read somewhere it is 2 separate things going on.
                  The original city wss a protest about wages/inflation as the government drop subsidies on gas prices.

In the capital it's a power play over who gets the most graft. The current leader vs the former leader who still has a lot of influence.
                  And those Russians.
                  Shithole country politics if you can call it that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.