• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Companies Delay Delivery up to three months further out can I send a bill.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Companies Delay Delivery up to three months further out can I send a bill.

Funny found out last week our one delivery contract that was supposed to be for October is now pushed back till late Jan or Feb.

Can I now send them a bill for three months delay in the form of $100,000? Two can play this ****ing game.

Just Asking for all the Farmers who had to send money to their favorite grain company charity this last fall.

I bet when the dust settles in 2021 all companies will show a very handsome profit as they got out of deals or had insurance to cover their losses but still went after their customers with outrageous fees.

This whole thing needs a full investigation and if found guilty they should be all charged. Because I bet they are still making money this year and good money.

Wouldn't you be able to sell it somewhere else?

Do graincos have the ability to sell amongst themselves at port if they have to by exchanging stocks ?

Comment

So what are you doing about it ?

Is it Cargill again?

Are you hiring a lawyer for breach of contract by the grain company?

According to you, you've got that BIG POT to piss in, why not take on the grain company.
      Last edited by foragefarmer; Dec 6, 2021, 07:22.

Comment

I would think they could give you an advance on the value of grain you are to deliver. After all they trusted you would honor the contract ( YOU SIGNED)to deliver in a timely matter. But wait ! didn't somebody break there cheque writing machine so you were not going to be paid anyway.

Comment

Hey, forage I have taken on some big boys by myself, have you?

God can you just post something normal or is that out of your realm. Why do you go after the person posting and not see what is going on?

Farmers need to fight back on all grounds being nice has worked so well.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            So what are you doing about it ?

According to you, you've got that BIG POT to piss in, why not take on the grain company.
            Cash is easy. Finding a thunder mug is the challenge!

Comment

What reason are they saying for the delayed delivery?

Comment

Spur line to kelvington.
                CP line now has 4 miles of empty hopper cars..
                Probably storing many other places to..

Comment

JWAB checks the contracts and wouldn't it be nice to see into the world of the grain companies how many were able to get out of contracts or buy cheap grain to fill from other places. Then over charge farmers.

it's always nice to believe in Santa clause and that grain companies are honest. All are billion-dollar companies long before the Elon Musks of the world were around.

Every contract is in the favor of the grain company none have the farmers in mind.

Comment

Wonder if the BC rail line closure is the reason for the delays or just a coincidence that is a good excuse. My grain buyer was telling me early on that grain companies were going to struggle to buy enough grain to fill ships after the harvest sales were delivered. Just like last summer, the prices rallied to make a sale and then price dropped right off as not enough grain offered to make a sale.

Some people hate GPO’s, but this year with the drought it is the only way the grain companies can get enough volume for a sale. Put your GPO in for way above market price.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                      Wonder if the BC rail line closure is the reason for the delays or just a coincidence that is a good excuse. My grain buyer was telling me early on that grain companies were going to struggle to buy enough grain to fill ships after the harvest sales were delivered. Just like last summer, the prices rallied to make a sale and then price dropped right off as not enough grain offered to make a sale.

Some people hate GPO’s, but this year with the drought it is the only way the grain companies can get enough volume for a sale. Put your GPO in for way above market price.
                      I have put them in above market only to get them fired into file 13. The crooks won’t even take the ones lower then mine. Funny thing is some companies would sooner lay off employees then put prices up to buy grain and keep employees busy.
                      Right it’s all about the CEOs and CFOs and their year end bonuses.

Comment

Saskfarmer our commodity organisations commission should make a contract for the the farmers and have the companies sign those contracts and if the don't they get no grain pperiod. I don,t know why they always make you sign a contract for the overage just to kill more trees?

Comment

Besides the BC rail problem, a lot of corn comes in by rail to feedlot alley.
                          I was told some of it was contracted a year ago.
                          In the past when we have had grain, it was great as they filled the cars while here with
                          contracted grain. Companies here were up to date on contracts while others
                          complained about late contract deliveries. Not much grain here this year so I assume
                          the cars either go back for more corn or get redirected to a terminal- time consuming.

And since I am logged in I will add- I would rather have a cocktail of the week with
                          Saskfarmer than some of the other members on here

Logging out

Comment

The BC disaster is going to throw a large wrench into movement for a while. And I think graincos will use it to their advantage for as long as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                              Saskfarmer our commodity organisations commission should make a contract for the the farmers and have the companies sign those contracts and if the don't they get no grain pperiod. I don,t know why they always make you sign a contract for the overage just to kill more trees?
                              Yeah, I haven’t been in the grain business that long but it immediately surprised me when our customers were making the contract forms. To me it should be the seller who supplies the contract and I have also been annoyed that the commissions aren’t involved…one of the reasons I find them useless and don’t support them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...