• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leverage, Margin, Cryptos Crashing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leverage, Margin, Cryptos Crashing

Way to much leverage, way too much inflationary hype (IMO). Wreckless and unguarded speculation. Welcome heavy incoming margin calls.

Potential race for the exit door may be interesting heading into 2022 . . . .

How will this black swan event affect those not engaged in any of it and are doing just fine without the sleepless nights?

And will fertilizer take the tumble as well? or will the collusion and gouging continue?

Seems fertilizer is a commodity,,,, that shouldn't escape the black swan event????
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 4, 2021, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      How will this black swan event affect those not engaged in any of it and are doing just fine without the sleepless nights?

And will fertilizer take the tumble as well? or will the collusion and gouging continue?

Seems fertilizer is a commodity,,,, that shouldn't escape the black swan event????
      Bucket, there are still supply chain inflation and gouging in many markets, but now enter the market ring . . . disinflation (weakening inflation) and now bald-faced deflation. This is happening rapidly (IMO)

And the crypto collapse? Well, that is just greed saying hello to margin calls. Leverage is far too high.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
        Bucket, there are still supply chain inflation and gouging in many markets, but now enter the market ring . . . disinflation (weakening inflation) and now bald-faced deflation. This is happening rapidly (IMO)

And the crypto collapse? Well, that is just greed saying hello to margin calls. Leverage is far too high.
        Any comments on fertilizer?

Comment

I dont think of crypto as a proxy for anything except clueless mania.

But stock margins are high as well, people are all in especially the unicorn crowd...cough Tesla, ARKK

I have rotated my stock portfolio back into seasoned monopoly dividend payers mostly in Canada.

Playing defense now.

Comment

Bitcoin crashed in Asia last nite. Word is: down to $42,000. Cryptos clearly in a bear market now.

Monday, Monday? . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

But stock margins are high as well, people are all in especially the unicorn crowd...cough Tesla, ARKK

I have rotated my stock portfolio back into seasoned monopoly dividend payers mostly in Canada.

Playing defense now.
              didn't you just say you sold them all , or was that someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                didn't you just say you sold them all , or was that someone else?
                I did, went back into a more defensive positions this week. The US economy seems risky now, I was heavily in there during covid.

Bought Canadian banks, utilities, insurers, energy, etc. Companies with reliable dividends and pricing power. Canada will be the first to raise rates in about 5 months time so my banker told me.

Comment

I did, went back into a more defensive positions this week. The US economy seems risky now, I was heavily in there during covid.

Bought Canadian banks, utilities, insurers, energy, etc. Companies with reliable dividends and pricing power. Canada will be the first to raise rates in about 5 months time so my banker told me.
                  I agree. Had an average crop last year and phenomenal prices right now. Minimal new iron with that windfall money. Going to pay down mortgage and iron debt as fast as possible.

Comment

Playing defense now.
                    This article describes ARKK as almost ponzi like.
                    The shares went up because she basicly pushed them with big cash injections but now she can't get out without blowing the market up because she owns such a big share of thinly traded stocks.

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4473196-arkk-etf-5-years

Wonder how many of these "woke" investments are in that situation. No profits and non coming anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                      Wonder how many of these "woke" investments are in that situation. No profits and non coming anytime soon.
                      Rivian, the next Tesla has a valuation larger than GM and zero revenue.

Musk firesaled Tesla at the top. He and his brother have sold close to 10B worth of stock in the past month. Says his SpaceX fantasy is close to bankruptcy as well.

Its all rampant speculation based on nothing.

Comment

CDN $ 128.5 Time to convert from US to CDN?

Comment

Did you pick any oil producers? Most are still way below 2014 levels

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            CDN $ 128.5 Time to convert from US to CDN?
                            In another time, Canada would be poised for a resource boom and that would lift the loon, but we have commies in charge now who have gutted every sector and a debt overhang reminiscent of 1996 when we almost defaulted.

I still think the loon is a bad bet. In bad times, people will flock to the USD.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                              Did you pick any oil producers? Most are still way below 2014 levels
                              The ETFs I have hold Canadian Natural and I own Cenovus separately. Thats it.

Many of those stocks are pariahs now, so I dont know how much capital will come back into them. Sort of like cigarette companies now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.