• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Media Influencer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Media Influencer

I seen a discussion on Twitterland today. Nothing terribly exciting, just the run of the mill ag debates. One of the bigger ag SM influencer names popped in with a comment. It gained about a hundred likes and one comment that their .02 cents is worth more than most peoples and it made me think.

Why is a SM influencer's opinion worth more than most others?

Does being an influencer mean they know more than others?

Now don't get me wrong, this SM fellow is a nice guy and wasn't trying to stir the pot and he does share lots of interesting things. But I just don't get how his opinions become worth more than others.

Is that not in the face of all the people who say celebrities shouldn't be listened to just because they're famous?

Either way, it got my mind turning, I just couldn't reply there because I would get crucified by his followers Lol

Interesting. At least our grower orgs are on twitter I guess.
    I don't look anymore. Some influencers get old fast for me.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is an influencer, and who gets to designate them as such?

Comment

It’s funny isn’t it? People put stock in people who are popular far too much probably. I follow several YouTube Farm channels, and anything these people do is gospel to most minions following. It often is related to apparent farm size or supposed material success. Hobby farmers fawn over these types, even if they are blatantly wrong sometimes. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is an influencer, and who gets to designate them as such?
          I guess it boils down to prolific posters of material that gains them many followers.

I really didn’t know what to call him. Well known ag personality on SM? 😂

Their postings do make them generally interesting people to follow. However I’m not nearly convinced that is the same as making them people who’s words are worth more than others.

It also exposed a flaw in this imaginary hierarchy. How often can an influencer have a truly good discussion of opposing views? I definitely wasn’t going to attempt it even in a good natured way. To me that’s losing a great ability of SM, to hear opposing views.

Comment

There are many flocks

Comment

I follow zip ties and bias plies and ave. I don’t know what kind of influence they are good or bad.

Comment

Interesting chain.

Who would be considered agricultural influencers in a Saskatchewan context? On a Canadian stage? How can producers influence the influencers to sway the public and government decision makers?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  I follow zip ties and bias plies and ave. I don’t know what kind of influence they are good or bad.
                  Pretty sure they fall in the bad category but fun to watch sometimes just cringe when they destroy some of those motors .

Comment

You know a farm influencer has made it to the big leagues when every second week a dealer is ( dropping off ) a new piece off equipment just for them to try. Cuss ya know that new tillage equipment we bought last year isn't really working out . Also must be hard working in the shop all day holding all those spray cans with the label facing out and at eye level

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.