• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could China try to buy the Olympics?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could China try to buy the Olympics?

This may be a bit like hitting a hornet's nest with a big stick but just wanted to throw it out there as a consideration for marketing decisions.

China just approved the Boeing 737 Max and the speculation is that it may be related to their attempt to keep the US from boycotting the Olympics.

If that is actually a strategy, could the same thing be coming to the grain markets? We know they have a huge appetite for soybeans and corn so why not get two birds with one stone?

Just a thought...

The last time china had the olympics they shut down most manufacturing to clean or clear the air, i think this is part of the story no one istalking about as well.

Comment

The solace that I take from all the China discussion in the news today that the covid politics really opened up the reality of Chinese political influence around the world. I love watching the Olympics. That being said there comes a time to stand on one's principals. It would be sad to see a boycott in a lot of ways. What would be the internal Chinese ramifications of a western boycott? I find it interesting to watch who is susceptible to influence. I have been reading Peter Zeihan lately and his perspective about China's future. It gonna be interesting where this all plays out as it does have global ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
        I have been reading Peter Zeihan lately and his perspective about China's future. It gonna be interesting where this all plays out as it does have global ramifications.
        Well since Biden is all supported by the woke crowd, I suspect there is pressure to boycott it, but another wing in his party is all in with china too.

Zeihan has made it pretty clear that Russia and China are facing demographic pressures and will need to make one last ditch effort to consolidate territory before that happens. Russia will take Ukraine and China will retake Taiwan and we will sit and watch it. Then the world economy will be rewritten pretty fast.

Comment

"Russia will take Ukraine and China will retake Taiwan and we will sit and watch it. Then the world economy will be rewritten pretty fast."

The more I think about Taiwan the more scared it makes me.
          China doesn't do anything without a plan to improve thier power on the world stage.

I think with all the embargoes,trade bans,seizure's of assets etc it would for sure be an economic reset. Not in our favor. We have no manufacturing. Its all theirs.

First thing is always a grain embargo.

Be like Carter and Iran x1000.

Shortly after Regan got elected and before his inauguration Iran released the hostages.
          It's all about deterrent.

Weak leaders cause big problems.
          Last edited by shtferbrains; Dec 2, 2021, 12:43.

Comment

China doesn’t have to buy the Olympics. The US will never boycott another games, there’s too much broadcast, advertising and sponsorship money on the table

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...