• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

This warmer winter is sure going by rather fast compared to days on end of -40 winters. Oh, it's coming but every day that is warm is one less day of ****ing winter. Rained last few days really didn't add up to much or anything but hey it can rain. It was not like BC rain but it tried.

Looks like CN will have the line completely back open either today or this weekend. Yea goods will move. You would think Potash that had no place to go would be cheap to buy in Canada since Canadian farmers would be their only market the last few weeks. HAHAHAHAHA yea it's over $1000 a ton now **** you it's a game.

I called out the Sask party Gov this week for another game on Crop insurance and its farmer's fault and finally last night APAS woke up and decided it was news.

The other farm organizations are busy saying how nice BOBOO is and she will work with them. Nice guys finish last when will these ****ing stupid farm organizations figure it out. Trudeau put BOBOO in that job because he felt we would feel sorry for her or be nice to her and she would just speak either French or English and do nothing for 6 to 10 years. Guess what she has done **** all read her latest bullshit spew in the paper on how she traveled west and cried. Learned that from her boss. The election was called to deflect and stall on the drought and other problems. Since skippy has gotten back to Ottawa he has done nothing and now that we're in virtual parliament it's all scripted and written for him the answers. This game won't end till GTA wakes up and boots this useless group to the curb. It's not about politics anymore it's about getting a ****ing moron out of Gov before we're done. GREECE is nice but Canada won't recover.

I have to ask farmers that think it's better to be nice and polite when dealing with politicians on important issues than come in fighting for what you know is right. How well has the nice approach worked ill leave it at that because some farmers that sit on these boards think it is, don't want to rile any feathers approach.

IS THAT WORKING THE DROUGHT IS LONG FORGOTTEN ABOUT AND AGAIN ALL ORGANIZATIONS ****ED UP FARMERS GOT NOTHING? OH DAIRY GOT BILLIONS FOR A 3% LOSS OF INCOME SOME ****ING FARMERS WILL LOSE MILLIONS THIS YEAR WITH DROUGHT AND NOTHING HAPPENED. The same thing happens next summer with drought and some that are laying down doing the peaceful thing will make one call and that's to RB auction to sell out. But nice guys finish first hahahahaha. Never happens.

So what's going on, on the farm.

Some found floaters and are floating fertilizer. I guess they are worried about supply since they never floated in the last thirty years. Others have taken out old yards that if the original owner came back to the life he wouldn't even know where his shitter was it's all gone everything.

Lots of Cat work Track hoe pull dozer etc still going on. But remember when the land went stupid in the USA I saw this traveling down to Florida Iowa farmers started to clean fields end to end. Well, what happens there happens here eventually, and it's happening this year. The land is stupidly priced so clean up what you have doesn't matter if it's rented or owned. Try buying a replacement Cat or Track hoe big shortages of quality used machines the new ones are expensive but with all the electronics most have more downtime than running because the cat or track work isn't just up and down it's bang toss work. Some stuff needs to stay simple and the new shit is more down than going. So now used it's all looking for the same quality lower hour equipment

We have shortages in every single thing think that's a coincidence. I found the virus thing interesting but after two years maybe some of the conspiracy theories people had the right idea. Because wouldn't Africa or India have mass deaths with the living conditions they live in. Or China's whole cities would be wiped clean. I'm losing interest every day its time to get on with life people might die but let's get back to normal because the way we're living now isn't normal. We do 5 years of this and some will know no difference.

Elevators sent out some bills and they are anywhere from 30000 to 500000. That's a lot of money out of farmers' hands. Watch grain companies will show massive profits all at the expense of farmers. Ask grain companies if they have insurance for grain that cant be shipped or if they are covered. Questions need to be asked because I'm starting to think they are taking advantage of their customers. Questions need to be asked no matter how stupid they may sound. Cargill will give a token to farmers whose checks were late. **** me that's a joke what a penny on a 100000 check or 10 dollars on a million-dollar check. It's a joke.

The USA screwed potatoes in PEI and skippy folded like a cheap wimp. Ever wonder if the USA wants to get tough with our wheat or canola oil. Skippy is known to give up his own people so he looks good.

Yes, I'm pissed this week. farming is tough and every time you think you're moving forward something out of your control pushes you back. Fertilizer was the pushing point this week. It's a joke what's going on.

Round up shortages and chem shortages. All a joke.

Funny grain drops a $1.00 bushel and not a peep.

Sort of like people who question spelling or grammar but miss the point of the question. Most times in life they are missing the point.

Some land juggling still going on but you have to go further and further away to get what you want.

Were now in the last month of the year and what a year it was. It's been real tough on some farms. Some won't survive some will by the short curlies but they will move on.

Please talk to your neighbors. Heck, I phone more guys this year than other years just to see how things are going. Listen also.

Have a great day and be safe it's just a ****ing farm.

Oh I never thought the wild boar issue was real till this week later after supper family was out checking burning bush piles and surprised a big boar but no gun because you just can’t carry in your truck any more. Chased him for about a mile and he got away when came back with gun he was gone.

Little fun seen this on Twitter

Elf on a shelf we have in Canada goose on a moose.

Deer season was good this year

Comment

Someone last year wondered if I'm bringing back Friday cocktails so here it is for all buying fertilizer and crying. **** my ass feels sore.

Bad Day at Work

High-quality gin, clementine orange juice, and a generous splash of seltzer make this cocktail just the thing after a stressful day at the Farm.

You will need.
      1 cup sugar
      1 ½ ounces Bluecoat or other high-quality gin
      4 ounces clementine orange juice (from about 3 to 5 clementines)
      A generous splash of seltzer

PREPARATION
      Fill a tumbler with crushed ice and set it aside.
      Make simple syrup: In a small saucepan, mix the sugar with 1 cup water. Simmer over low heat until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
      In a shaker, combine the gin and orange juice with 1 teaspoon simple syrup. (Remaining syrup can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.) Shake well, and pour into the tumbler. Top with a splash of seltzer, add a stirrer, and serve.

Have a Couple and all is good. Or just light a big fatty and go the new way or a gummy. Welcome to Trudeau's world.

Comment

Oh, Cargill still doesn't have their shit together paying farmers. But owe them money and oh my they are moving so fast on you it's not even funny. Nice guys say oh it will sort it out.

Again being nice is doing so well farmers.

Comment

After talking to neighbors looks like over 1/2 had to buy out contracts some in the 6 digits. The better the land the worse the canola crop it seemed. One guy vented while we were in a public place and kinda caught me off guard he didn't mind telling strangers about cutting 100 thou check to buy out contract. Between that and fert prices that could really turn the BOOKS upsidedown in a hurry!

Comment

It's bad some RMS have every single guy eligible for crop insurance. Add the contracts that are backward. Huge losses. Those counting on AG STab Good luck chuck.

Hurt is real and guys arent seen it. Farmers keep troubles to themselves.

Don't let grain companies fool you they canceled contracts with other places or bought cheap grain from Russia to fill and now are ****ing their customers.

Plus the walk of shame to the bank hasn't started yet that won't be fun either.

Comment

Hardest working folks in this area this winter are the crop ins. adjusters for sure . Lots of superbees parked by empty bins waiting for next year . Saving on the fuel bill , winning********

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                We have shortages in every single thing think that's a coincidence. I found the virus thing interesting but after two years maybe some of the conspiracy theories people had the right idea. Because wouldn't Africa or India have mass deaths with the living conditions they live in. Or China's whole cities would be wiped clean. I'm losing interest every day its time to get on with life people might die but let's get back to normal because the way we're living now isn't normal. We do 5 years of this and some will know no difference. .
                First time in 2 years I have seen you question the narrative.

Unfortunately, the next narrative is already being laid out in front of us for the next round.

Politicians amd MSM wont let this one go now, they will run with it. I sold all my stocks yesterday.

Comment

The difference between conspiracy and truth is time .

Comment

Just to clarify,
                    The grain companies or exporters are the farmers customers. We have no where else to sell or a way to sell direct as the whole system is geared around unit car trains. Its a monopoly

Edit
                    The grain company customers (grain) are over seas or in the USA.

If you ran a business would you look after your suppliers or customers?

Comment

Who the heck told you you can’t carry a gun in your truck? Is there such a rule for real?

Comment

What I meant is back on high school you went with your guns in back window and the truck wasn’t locked. Rules rules rules. Yes we got our Deer so didn’t have one in that truck,

Comment

Lots of brush clearing going on , old yard sites etc here as well.
                          It’s interesting that Richardson and Viterra made guys sign those agreements saying one will not push bush blah blah blah or they could not haul grain to their facility. Well absolutely everyone pushing bush has been hauling every day since that first came around several years ago .

Most guys are done , or are cleaning seed now while weather was good .
                          Oats are next for us now that germ is back at 99%

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            What I meant is back on high school you went with your guns in back window and the truck wasn’t locked. Rules rules rules. Yes we got our Deer so didn’t have one in that truck,
                            Ok. I get you. I would be in a world of trouble as I always have a gun with me!

Comment

I’m torn what to do with this fert issue. It’s up 2.5x and so are most of the commodities so at the end it’s just a bigger number ... or is it? It’s a scarey number with more risk IMO. They say there are never two yrs the same, but seems when it comes to a drought it can be back to back. I don’t see fert prices dropping anytime soon, and by spring is anyone’s guess. If no one buys before yr end prices will stay the same, because we will need it come spring.
                              It’s going to be a very expensive yr ahead to be a farmer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...