• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oats

My latest Oats report is out.

https://klarenbachgrainreport.substack.com/p/oats

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oats Daily 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	779696

Amazing prices of oats in the prairies.

Highest ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post

Highest ever?
      Maybe this is all people preparing for the great reset.
      Will need a lot of oats for all the horses that will be needed to replace all the cars, trucks, tractors etc.
      Is there a futures market for draft horses, or harnesses, or buggy whips?

Comment

chuck said buggy whips would be back

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post

Highest ever?
          yes , like N

Comment

Have a few left to sell.. not sure how much life is left in this market?? Common to find $10+/bu, which is roughly 3x the average price.

Organic friend said that Yorton was paying $13/bu for organic oats.. top money maker on their farm. To me, it doesn’t seem like a large enough spread.
            Last edited by jdg364; Dec 3, 2021, 08:18.

Comment

Combined some baler oats.clean and 98% germination.Was thinking it would be worth 10 bucks cleaned but at that a horse person would buy them and feed them.Hate overcharging but will want what they are worth.Whatever that is.???

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Maybe this is all people preparing for the great reset.
                Will need a lot of oats for all the horses that will be needed to replace all the cars, trucks, tractors etc.
                Is there a futures market for draft horses, or harnesses, or buggy whips?
                Trouble with my Amish neighbors work horses is that they leave them running when not using thus burning fuel. Notice more and more small tractors on there farms now diesel fuel cheaper than OATS.

Comment

If there is good moisture next summer the $10 oats are going to be like a long ago wet dream.

Sounds like lots of acres if people can find seed.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    chuck said buggy whips would be back
                    Correct, yet another example of his amazing clairvoyance. Next thing you know his prediction of the earth being flat will be fulfilled.

Comment

If half the intended oat acres get planted and we get a half decent year there may be a glut. However, what is with the increase in demand for them? When I first started farming a decent year spelled multi year gluts which miller’s took full advantage of. I assume average yields have improved substantially since then, and there hasn’t been any problem moving them. What am I missing on the demand side. They’re expensive calories compared to all other cereals. Unless you’re a horse or Buffalo they’re not important.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        If half the intended oat acres get planted and we get a half decent year there may be a glut. However, what is with the increase in demand for them? When I first started farming a decent year spelled multi year gluts which miller’s took full advantage of. I assume average yields have improved substantially since then, and there hasn’t been any problem moving them. What am I missing on the demand side. They’re expensive calories compared to all other cereals. Unless you’re a horse or Buffalo they’re not important.
                        See my post $3 above. It might sound like a joke, but maybe not?

Comment

They are a good gluten free grain with healthy nutrient profile, and supposedly with the scamdemic raging on the demand for cereals and granola bars has increased.

Comment

I give a shit what they do with them
                            $11 may/June is still $11 , right here , right now
                            *** barley won’t get $8.50 here

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              See my post $3 above. It might sound like a joke, but maybe not?
                              Lol. You never know. I’d like to see those earth muffins and the hypocrites have to stare at the ass of a horse day after day. But wouldn’t happen as they’d be driving their Bentley’s around while the masses suffer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.