• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer prices today will bankrupt most farms with a hiccup next year. PERIOD!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Prescription fertilizer application

There are great options other than application of the high rates you have stated above.

The last 30% of fertiliser you propose to apply are high risk low reward inputs…

I find it unlikely our soils have that many more nutrients …

Times change… risk rewards change… as does our responsibility to our planet and our grandchildren!

Many Blessings! Happy Black Friday! Merry Christmas!!!
    Hope you don’t go bankrupt!!!
    Cheers
    I am probably the very last guy on here to preach high fertility rates too .
    We have applied as needed for 15 years

Comment

If us older guys had to go back to filling press drills using 50 lb . fert bags that would likely solve this fertilizer problem.

Comment

With modest yield goals given the weather from the past number of years along with good residual fertility level, I will not need to buy much fertilizer next spring. The problem is that if we suddenly do get a good weather regime, I will not have enough nutrition to maximize yield. Last year that would have been the case as well but the early July heat made the problem go away. Have not had good weather at this location for many years so no swinging for the fences around here. Best was 2016 in recent years. Only soil tested the land that produced the most this past fall. Assume that where the crop was quite scant that almost all applied fertilizer still there. I think that the fertilizer has over hyped this shortage to keep farmers buying and that prices will ease into spring especially urea. Seen that a number of times before especially 2009 but more recently 2019. My brother binned fertilizer in the fall and I picked up from dealership in spring for less especially after the may long weekend price drop. Bit worried about P long term though and the soil test said to keep applying P.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
          Lots or I’d venture to say most have fert priced for 2022 but what about 2023?
          Who says there has to be a reset on prices?
          Really doubt it.

Comment

Farmers in western canada are not scrambling to buy fertilizer talk to manager of a district for a grain company or Fert company

Comment

partners is the smart one here , he's got er all in the ground, and bought cheap !!!

Comment

Producers (IMO) will have to be very careful when figuring out how much they want to risk come spring. We are in a higher rainfall/producing area and usually go with 140# for cnl and 120# actual nitrogen on average.

This year we are trying to keep our Fert costs under $150/ac and there’s the dilemma.. do you mine the ground and which nutrient gets cut the most. We are rolling our fertilizer program back 10-15 years and basically going 75-80% of our 2021 fertilizer program.

We don’t want to miss 2022 crop prices but I don’t want to risk our farm on flopping from another drought.

Comment

Automatically assuming fert prices will drop back to sensible prices for 2023 is sure not an idea to bank on IMO.

Everyone including myself hates this fert price but as long as grain prices hold I think we’re all dreaming that it’ll correct in price for 2023 let alone in time for seeding this coming year.

Only way that’ll happen is if grain prices fall back to where they were a couple years.

They will gauge every penny they can from farmers if they think they can squeeze more from us.
                  Every last thing. Fert, fuel, parts, iron, everything.

Comment

and heres a reminder of 2 years ago , pricing text;

RICHARDSON PIONEER: Oct 11
                    **WE WILL NEED SAMPLES OF WHEAT TO TEST FOR FALLING NUMBER BEFORE DELIVERIES. **

RED SPRING WHEAT (1R 13.5)
                    (additional premiums or discounts to apply for grades, protein & falling number)
                    HFN (High falling number of 290 +), LFN (Low falling number of 251-289)
                    Nov: $6.37 (2R HFN: $6.17, 2R LFN: $5.77)
                    Dec: $6.40
                    Mar: $6.65
                    June: $6.77
                    FEED WHEAT (FN of 250 or less)
                    Oct: $4.54
                    Nov-Dec: $4.29
                    Jan-Feb: $4.42

CANOLA-DLVD ELEVATOR
                    Oct: $9.42 **Triggering $9.50 Targets****
                    Nov: 9.54
                    Dec: $9.62
                    Mar: $9.93
                    Sept 2020: $9.73
                    Dec 2020: $9.90
                    CANOLA-DLVD YORKTON
                    Dec: $10.06
                    Jan: $10.18
                    Mar: $10.49
                    Sept: $10.36

OATS
                    Nov & Dec: 3.00
                    Jan: $3.15
                    Apr: $3.25

FEED BARLEY:
                    Sept-Oct: $3.12
                    Nov-Dec: $3.25
                    Jan-Mar: $2.90

and we wondered why we prepriced ??
                    the real crunch will come when these inputs overlap these prices , and they will

Comment

fert dealer said there is no way all the juice cans behind drills will get filled when they need to next spring

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        fert dealer said there is no way all the juice cans behind drills will get filled when they need to next spring
                        Doesn’t sound like a good business partner

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          From what I understand, this fall had two planned preventative maintenance shutdowns for Western Canada NH3 production during the fall NH3 season.

Should we buy Nutrien shares?

Comment

I wonder if the recent drop in our CAD dollar will give fertilizer prices another reason to push higher?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Run those numbers on less than 1/2 the yield
                              Run those numbers on a 8-11 bpa durum crop ( summerfallow) and 3-5 bu/ac durum crop on stubble. That's what our area had for a crop this year.

Not good, but here's hoping we get some snow!Click image for larger version

Name:	fl0116-231636_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	772102
                              I had to put in a picture of an old Ford just because.

Comment

The grain prices this year has maybe shown you that fertilizing till you're broke to ensure over supply and low prices isn't a good economic model for farming - but great for every other industry.

Or at least it should have. By the posts, it hasn't.

It's like you're programmed to spend as much as possible to ensure every other industry stays viable at the cost of viability of your own because that is what makes you a top grower, and everyone has to be and takes tremendous pride in being a top grower, right? If not, you're a laggard, low tech, not innovative, a terrible farmer that just doesn't "get it".

After all, we have starving mouths to feed in 2050 - so overproduce food today. Thanks Rob Saik for that continuing message.

Start catching on to the over production scam constantly messaged. Grow more. And more. And more.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...