• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0103A09D-1C26-462F-9D3C-716D97FE6486_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	779691

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Family and Friends. Usually, we celebrate the American Thanksgiving because were just done all the work for the year on our farm now.

But this year with the warm fall we were all done by the Canadian one so it's kind of a special year. To all the Climate retards if for a century we had no snow and warm till December then that's climate change but if one year in 10 we have it that's just the weather. Aren't we all just special?

Its great to be Back in Canada just a heads up on the border.

Going south with a vehicle the First thing they ask at the USA border is where are you going? Easy Florida. How long are you staying? Do you all have your Covid vaccines? Go to get our nice app on our phone and the guy goes that's all I need. Do you have over $10000 Cash? No $9,999.00 is ok. and away we go.

It took 10 min would have taken less but the Border guard was born in Kissimmee and we live in Lake Alfred.

Coming back the Trudeau PCR test is a gong show or can be a gong show.

Google Walgreens or CVS Drug Store. On their web page, you will find Covid Shots and Tests. Follow the instructions and book your test and time. Remember your flying back and the 72 hours is when you are on Canadian soil. Our flight was delayed an hour don't cut it short.

Pull up at the drive-through window they will have signs and not all drug stores do the test. You need your confirmation code and they won't do someone you missed so make sure all in your party do this separately. But a note if you have one appointment at 10 and one at 2 and one at 2:15 don't worry they will probably do all at the same time because each drug store only has so many each day they are allowed to do. Note if you are traveling and coming back on Jan 1 this might **** you up. Not sure the hour's lab is open.

The package is slipped through a door and you each grab one open the package they watch to see you stick it in each nostril for 15 sec and swirl then put in vile and break off the bottom close and hand it back to them. You get an email then that has a website to sign up for. One notes it's a 24-hour email do it right away as it expires and then you have a whole bunch of other problems.

The last guy tested got his results in 24 hours then I got mine in 26 and the third was 48 hours.

You need the test results on your phone for boarding the plane home or a printed copy to match your passport.

Funny at the ticket counter at Air Canada. The first thing they wanted is all three negative tests then they took our Barcode for the flight and booked our luggage.

Sign up the day you get all your tests for the ArriveCan app. You can do all parties traveling together if related. It's easy no more paper on the plane to fill out get to Toronto have a scanner do all three passports and it takes a picture or all three then ask questions on health what you bought etc prints. Go to custom Guys booth he looks at it asks a few questions and that's it on to the next flight home. Have to wear a mask in USA and Canadian Airports they bust you at the entrance and give you shit if you don't put one on.

Air travel has changed and not for the better.

1 expect flight delays and flight changes. I have 5 flights this winter back and forth three have had changes one major now I'm flying out at 10 at night not 7 AM so need a hotel, I love the extra costs. Look into Williston ND for flights parking is great and both have direct to Minneapolis and Denver. Those to Airports can take you to any place you want to go. Example First class from ND to Tampa was $1,300 Can and the dog. There and back. Through Canada $2780. Just saying it's two hours away.

2. Lots of flight delays and one new irritant is trying to change flights once booked and they change them for you. Yesterday 3.2 hours on hold finally got it done. But first had a 1 hour 2 hour and the phone dropped the call. Yes, you are frustrated. The main beef the lady said from travelers was special peoplekind who don't have the vaccine demanding they get on the plane. Sorry, you don't get the shot you don't fly. Period.

3. You get water and coke and that's it nothing else they charge on One airline for everything. Even no movie so either you buy wifi at $10.00 an hour or watch saved movies on your phone. Also no charger in the seats of the plane we were on back to Toronto. So watch your battery life on the phone you need the bar codes in Toronto.

Life in the USA is back to normal and it's a dream traveling in the Flyover states. Masks are recommended but you don't have to use them. Some states the morning breakfast with the hotel they handed out the food and you sat some states you had to wear a mask to get your food and wear plastic gloves. Hey, it's better than everyone digging into the Grits.

Hotels are up in price buy quite a bit.

The gas we averaged was $3.19 a gal and I paid for premium in Lake Alfred for 3.69.

Deere Strike is Over and we visited the Dyersville Toy museum. Yes, Dyersville is the home to Ertle.

Disney and Universal you have to wear masks inside buildings and rides. So no more funny pictures.

Disney springs you need to wear masks to get in stores. Otherwise every mall has a sign they are recommended. Funny most wearing weren't vaccinated.

Found that out sitting in McDonald's in Memphis on the Wrong Side of Town let's just say. Talking to a guy sitting beside us and he pointed out locals with no vaccine wear masks.

Cotton in the ditch is in some song and funny you see on the side of the road Cotton Balls.

Peanuts are harvested and still a lot of Corn to Go in Iowa.

For gas use the three numbers of your postal code. S4E 2W3 is 42300 postal code and the card works for fuel.

Oh, when you fill in your info at CVS or Wallgreens to sign up. Put no insurance because you don't have it through GMS. Put a USA address and for drivers license put your number and instead of Sask put whatever state you're in. No place for Sask or Canada here.

Here is the farm report.

Piss all for snow from Border to Quapelle valley then it increases as you go north We were up at Tisdale yesterday and lots of snow you can sled. Not good but you could sled.

The farm has snow but nothing special.

You think farm equipment is nuts try buying a Track hoe and a newer Cat. Were in replacement time and wow is all I have to say. RB is high and dealers have **** all for inventory so if you see something it looks good you buy as someone else will. The WF Botkins, Farmers, Oil companies dealers, etc are all buying for used as new is 700000 to 3 million for cats. Ask Tony he bought one. Def and electrical on new is a nightmare so the old in good shape is getting a premium. Plus in 2008 when it crashed the big dogs quit building large amounts and didn't return to full for 3 to 5 years so we have a gap and then the price doubled to tripled so the used gets a premium.

Cargill is getting better-paying farmers but it's still a shit show.

RB has its spring catalog out and it has a lot of farm sales. I wonder how many guys are forced to quit thanks to Grain companies and contracts. Word on the street some are done fighting and now are paying $500,000 to $2,242,800.00 penalties. Fun times.

Insurance companies are paying some up to $80 an acre but what will the premiums be next year. Crop insurance prices for crops are done mathematically in the month of December and that should be interesting at today's prices but premiums will double or triple.

Fertilizer is ****ing instance and funny all except phos is manufactured here the rail line is down if that was grain we would be getting slaughtered on prices no not with make-believe fertilizer markets it goes higher. **** me is all I can say. Hearing some guys on the west side will use starter fert if it rains top-dress or dribble but nothing else because it's dry. The shit show with the competition and Blairs sale is screwing our Supply of Anhydrous they rejected one buyer on one store Coop has the rest. That one store does most of the Anhydrous. So no price is available. Just great isn't it.

The seed will be an issue next spring in both terms of price and what's available.

So BooBoo had a meeting and **** all was discussed on the drought.

HAHAHAAHAHA i said they will cry pretend to feel for the farmer then make a distraction they are studying the problem then oh an election delay some more then no ag minister then one more discussion and finally 6 months later it's forgotten we have to move on to climate change bullshit.

The Canadian Western Agribition was ok but it's a way smaller show with lots of space between booths and very few walking around it was a nice crowd but the old days sure aren't back yet. Covid shots you need and wear a mask all day and $20 a day. Oh, one note Brandon is now a paid show not like it used to be free. Times are changing.

Well, great to be back for three weeks happy Thanks Giving all, and be safe it's winter it's cold out, and **** man the ice is too thin to start ice fishing. Get off the lake.

Cotton in the ditch

Behind our home

The Deere cathedral.

Snow at Tisdale

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3DAA6035-ECB1-4057-995E-303AD05EF580.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	772101

To all who voted for the Moron with nice socks. Enjoy the same shit show us older guys had to live through one the First **** up got into politics. Oh, wait there are so much more fun times coming. They are going to go after farmers it's already in place.

Comment

Markets are closed today and guess what Canola is down. They are playing again learned from China.

Run up prices then drop hard and get suckers, I mean farmers with Targets to get picked off like fish in a barrel.

Comment

This fall was a real treat to celebrate both thaksgivings while doing yard cleanup and tinkering for next year.
          Starting to get texts to contract for 2022 but while we had good crops I saw a neighbor get hailed out and write a small 6 figure check for contracts. Its going to take a few years to forget that (and it hasnt rained any real amount since august).

Enjoy the south and dont forget your drink recipes.

Comment

Thank you for the fueling in the US tip. I always have to walk in and prepay because of the zip code request. I hope it works for me my postal is 3 0’s so I’d be typing in all 0’s.

Comment

Thanks for all the travel details. I hate the travel part but love to go. Sounds like a huge pain. Will it ever end? Not any time soon.

If you collect toys an old friend of mine is selling part of his collection at Schupansky in Tisdale next week. Bought most of them new some from one of those bid old 3 storey hardware stores we had in the 50's

I think he has 4 or 5 thousand pieces. Many with original box.

Unbelievable

Comment

Thanks for the Toy tip.

I'm on two other sites looking for toys I had as a kid inbox. Some I might win or overpay just to say I have my kid collection back. We played hard so most arent around today.

Looking at contracts for fall yes it cost me on peas this year but rest is nice not to have.

If Canola gets closer to 20 for fall ill do 10 BPA.

Wheat gets to 12 for fall ill do 10 BPA.

Peas better are over 15 for fall or they can **** off.

The malt we are dropping barley as it sits now for 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Thanks for the Toy tip.

I'm on two other sites looking for toys I had as a kid inbox. Some I might win or overpay just to say I have my kid collection back. We played hard so most arent around today.

Looking at contracts for fall yes it cost me on peas this year but rest is nice not to have.

If Canola gets closer to 20 for fall ill do 10 BPA.

Wheat gets to 12 for fall ill do 10 BPA.

Peas better are over 15 for fall or they can **** off.

The malt we are dropping barley as it sits now for 2022.
                  Don’t do it !!!

Comment

Haha, I got all the tractors we've had, put them on display, then realized they just reminded me of a lot of work, some for nothing it feels like now.

Gave up barley a while ago.
                    So as not to turn into another old man trapped in the past, we are going to learn a new crop, oats, this year.

Lessons I learned this year.
                    Keep better records of contracts done, lol.
                    If get over x bpa, then cover with an options strategy.
                    Having some difficulty picking a new crop starting #.
                    And no, the drought isn't over yet.

Because of my son's issues it will be a while before I can get south again.
                    When I do, you won't see me back quickly.
                    In the meantime, I don't understand how more people haven't cracked up over this never ending pandemic misery.
                    Keep posting.

Comment

We got our phos home on Tuesday.
                      Bly seed coming next week.

Comment

Some Fert will be arriving soon.

Cargill finally payed us for our crop delivered in Sept.

Way to go boys. Fix your ****ing problem already Cargill.

Just Some of my collection yes other brands some versatile.

Need a versatile 1150 to redo. Now that would be a project

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Don’t do it !!!
                          My my hindsight marketing is always 20/20.
                          But I have noticed that if I make agronomic or marketing decisions based on what happened last year, it will be exactly the wrong thing to do.
                          Mother nature likes to change up the quantity and quality of the abuse from you to year, just to keep us on our toes.

Comment

Your so Correct no two years are the same thank god.

Comment

Got a fert quote today ....... I don’t know what to say.
                              That’s my contribution to this report.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...