• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The arguement against inflation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The arguement against inflation

Since everyone figures inflation is actually here, I've put some thought into this with the rising USD and rising commodities and supply chain disruptions, it really looks like inflation. However single dimensional analysis is typically a grand method of blowing your brains out, so what's missing? Bonds, interest rates, and ROI. Bonds and rates are being manipulated, in the sense that if the fed raises rates, or any other CB chairman for that matter, they will be politically relocated to North Battleford, SK for psychiatric evaluation and possible imprisonment, and cause a contagion of increased rates in rest of world. The flavor of the day is more govt debt. If ANY western country raises rates, Turkey is not included because they are as close to Venezuela status as possible atm, it'll create a capital influx of giant proportion. (Think ROI and money regulated to hold bonds). I just had a look at the yen, now that's the closest chart I've seen to canola, long term, prior to breakout as I can find, as far as structure is concerned. What's Japan got to do with this? Well it's #2 in weighting on the US dollar index, remember USD is a composite of numerous other currencies not the actual currency itself. Make sense? It's an inverse of everyone's currency except their own..... I have no idea why it was designed like this but if you don't understand what you are looking at, well your phucked. It's not an actual "vote" on the USA, they get this because they hold "reserve currency" status. So it doesn't matter how much you like or hate them, this is the world we live in. Back to yen. Japan has suppressed rates and applied more political manipulation than any other country in the world until the last 18 months. They suppressed rates artificially low and the central bank bought ALL the govt debt. So they are holding "first in" status. This is what Canada, Europe, and USA are following at present. "We" Can,EU,US looked at this and said "hey its working" I'm gonna borrow a trillion, cuz is fun buying votes. But here's the sticker, in an environment where bonds and rates are manipulated, in a 6 sided circle, eventually something gives, the relief valve. It's leaking thru currency, not a lot at the moment, but the euro is under long term support at 112. The yen is devaluing, CAD/AUD are snorting blow off strippers asses because commodities are going up(because comds are priced in US$). Eur is 60% of DX, yen is 25%~, the remainder is GBP,CAD, Swedish.... all carrying a 10%~ weighting excluding €&¥. Please google US dollar index for full detail. Anyhooo, there's three versions of inflation and in my opinion, today, we are in currency inflation, due to commodities being priced in USD by default. This has more to do with the suppression of rates than actual inflation. And this explains how we can have rising USD and rising commodity prices. The traditional inverse is BROKEN, but central banks have never before had on their hands when they targeted 2% inflation and its currently 6+.

Do something you phucking idiots, unless you are in a corner and crying like a little biotch. It's your mess and you let politicians and drama teachers tell you what to do. My rant to CB's. This is why you hire the most qualified, not based on equity. Canada needs more Trudeau because it devalues the currency, increases the value of my commodities and hard assets while diminishing the value of "promises" ie pensions and debt obligations. Those that trust govt the most are being hurt the most, regardless of country of origin. Every gain is being leveraged on this end into USD priced assets. Borrow in loonies and payback with USD is a no Brainer. It's the inverse of the trend every world govt has used since 2008. If commods rise after USD hits 103, likely year end,(look at cycle count, for those that count up and down days/weeks/months/quarters/years) I might be slightly right and reserve the right to say I'm wrong. Just a dumb phuvking farmer in Northern SK thinking while rebuilding a polaris 800 sled engine.

Edit. 3x on the 800
    Last edited by macdon02; Nov 25, 2021, 01:53.

The above fits in well with Errols previous post regarding deflation, many months ago, he's not wrong, he's seeing it from true value perspective. Which in the end is all that matters. You gain nothing if your dollar drops and assets go up unless cross hedged on the currency. I'm probably exceeding the "terms and use" agreement for commodity talk.

Comment

Oh.... and to you dumb phucks at agriville.com, you have never posted an original thought since conception. You provide a site that harvests original ideas from farmers then sell it into Google search. THEN, you want to throttle discussion on what is and what is not correct. Phuck you! I'm out for good. Your $15 million investment is ass wipe without free speech. My input, as well as others and there's many, is what you based your investment is off of so you get the good with the bad
      Last edited by macdon02; Nov 25, 2021, 02:26.

Comment

Or, buy bitcoin

Comment

First, nobody should be working on sleds and thinking about world money policy over tighten bolts in light metal will strip. Second rich people don't want to stop the dream of poor people borrowing their money to become rich. Most people don't think the money they got for free from governments was their own it was somebody elses so they take it thinking they got away with something. Interest rates will rise and hurt lots of folks and make money in the bank worth something again for those that live that long.

Comment

Many commodities are now showing price weakness. The economic fallout in China is having an impact.

Iron ore and lumber are leaders to the downside. Copper is holding up well, possible due to Biden's trillion infrastructure handout. Natural gas has lost 25% recently, both cash and futures. Oil prices appear breaking. Have wheat prices peaked? . . . Durum and flax bids appear pulling off recent highs.

Stock markets are going up until suddenly they aren't. Valuations have no meaning anymore.

Cryptos are taking a shake along with precious metals.

Asian supply chain appears now gradually in-repair. Ocean freight continues to get cheaper.

But inflation remains the talk-of-the-town, even though some sectors have already blown through that cycle and prices now on-the-way-down. My two-bits . . . .

Comment

Macdon02 should work on sleds more often.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                Macdon02 should work on sleds more often.
                I think he intends to. With the caveat that he doesnt wish to waste good sled rebuilding time dealing with this dumpster fire of a site.

I've certainly given it more of a pass than I used to as Ive devoted nearly every waking minute to building a house since June.

It's been the****utic not being on social media.

On inflation, I certainly lean towards the belief that it will cannibalize itself eventually. But then I'm tempered by the realization that situations can remain irrational significantly longer than the vast majority of us can remain solvent... the last 13 years, and possibly 20+ have certainly born witness to that.

Comment

The 80's inflation left a lasting impression with me and I think every generation will see that happen to them at some time. But while some people wait for sky to fall others still make buckets of money in the mean time. What's harder to do, making money or being debt free?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...