• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were members banned?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were members banned?

It appears some members were banned yesterday. Just curious if free speech is allowed or not on here?While some quit because they can’t seem to take opposing views, and just seem to HAVE to click on threads that are oh so hard for their sensibilities, yet others get banned? Because of the complainers? The immature crybabies who can’t handle certain topics? For real?

So some clarity is needed for me. Is this site for or against free speech?

I disagree most vehemently with the leftists on here on almost every topic, but I will defend their rights to free speech to the end of time. Stupidity, while frustrating, does not mean stifling is the answer, or does it?

This is not a Covid thread. This is an open question as to what is going on here, and whether free speech is allowed?

Why do you think some were banned?

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
      I talk to some outside this forum. Week long bans seem CBC esque to my mind, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
        Maybe they are over on rural issues bickering about covid?

Comment

The flood of cut and paste garbage had become a tidal wave. They had been warned about appropriate post s in the commodity forum. I chose not to respond to them and eliminate what I could. It was time for admin to step up after warning everyone. Stick to relevant comments . This is a privately run site and rules should be respected.

Comment

Then chuck should have been band yrs. Ago..

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              I talk to some outside this forum. Week long bans seem CBC esque to my mind, no?
              Was it after the warning of posting Covid stuff here and not in rural issues would lead to a ban? Maybe a grace period was needed for people to know/read that post, but can’t tell when everyone has read something. A week isn’t terrible, some people should take more regular week long breaks.

Comment

Ya the "flood of facts" is drowning the the narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  Ya the "flood of facts" is drowning the the narrative.
                  I am surprised you are still here with all those facts you have posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Then chuck should have been band yrs. Ago..
                    I had to read that comment twice to believe it was really written by Mr cut and paste himself, Chuck's, formerly biggest fan, agstar. That's twice in the last few days that he has denounced Chuck. It is good to see the whole forum coming together to try to improve the quality of discussion.

But as for Chuck being band, are you referring to the type of bands we use for castrating calves?
                    Otherwise, I'm not in favor of anyone being banned. I support free speech.
                    Might want to check your spelling.
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 23, 2021, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I had to read that comment twice to believe it was really written by Mr cut and paste himself, Chuck's, formerly biggest fan, agstar. That's twice in the last few days that he has denounced Chuck. It is good to see the whole forum coming together to try to improve the quality of discussion.

But as for Chuck being band, are you referring to the type of bands we use for castrating calves?
                      Otherwise, I'm not in favor of anyone being banned. I support free speech.
                      Might want to check your spelling.
                      Oh my now your a correct spelling freak.

Comment

How do ban people? All you have to do is create a couple new emails with new names and your back in the game. They eventually come crawling out of their holes.

Comment

I think it is challenging for moderators to differentiate between free speech and trollish behaviour. Not to mention information overload from excessive cut and paste. My opinion it is pure laziness on the part of posters who do this and not just quote and paraphrase the bloody thing. Proves you have a brain and an ability to understand the content if you can put it in your own words some. Anyone who has had some higher education or even a high school education for that matter knows this.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                            Oh my now your a correct spelling freak.
                            No, I just saw an opportunity for humour at Chuck's expense. Banding might not be a bad idea in this case. Help him save the world from the CO2 emissions of future generations of Chucks.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                              I am surprised you are still here with all those facts you have posted.
                              My damn thumb just hit the like button.
                              Disregard.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.